Subject: Submenus to the left?

From: Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 19:38:24 +0300

Win95, and I think Fvwm95, automatically put the submenu to the left
of the parent menu, if it doesn't fit on the right.  This is good because
if makes it much easier to use the menu at the right edge of the screen.

Any chance of getting it into the main fvwm?  If it just requires a
patch to do so, I'll be happy to try to fit in the fvwm95 code (assuming
it exists).

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 11:22:04 -0400

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]> writes:

Lars> Win95, and I think Fvwm95, automatically put the submenu to the
Lars> left of the parent menu, if it doesn't fit on the right.  This
Lars> is good because if makes it much easier to use the menu at the
Lars> right edge of the screen.

Lars> Any chance of getting it into the main fvwm?  If it just
Lars> requires a patch to do so, I'll be happy to try to fit in the
Lars> fvwm95 code (assuming it exists).

I was given a patch for this (from Dan Espen, I believe).  I was going
to put it in, but discovered it had some bugs so decided not to for
the time being as I didn't have time to play with it.

Something of this sort will most likely make it in eventually.

Chuck