Subject: Re: FVWM: Re: Ok, it's time (was Re: Just a heads up)

From: Lars Wirzenius <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 17:42:03 +0300

[ Note: fvwm-workers might be the better list for this. ]

Dan Espen:
> I think this is a good rule in general, but fvwm2 will not work if run
> with a .fvwmrc config file created for fvwm.  I think that is adequate
> reason to change the binaries name.

At least it is reason enough to change the name of the configuration file.

Personally, I don't much care, either way, since I've already done the
conversion, but as a PR move, I think naming the binary fvwm2 and
the config file .fvwm2rc, at least by default, is the way to go so that
we can make it easier for large sites to convert gradually to fvwm2,
without having to hack things during installation -- indeed, this is what
the current situation is, unless I'm mistaken, and what it should be,
so I guess writing an overlong sentence about it really overkill, but
it does remind me about the documentation, which I haven't read in detail
for quite a while, er, where was I, oh yes, what is the status of said
documentation and has anyone read it from beginning to end to see if it
is unnecessarily redundant or has missing pieces or other troubles, although
I seem to remember Chuck saying something about doing things in that
general direction.

My English teacher would have killed me.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].