Subject: FVWM: Title Icons that vanish

From: Eli Burke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 10:39:27 -0400 (EDT)

> Don>     3.5) Icons that are label only disapear when moved.
> Don>         (I thought they all disappeared, because I dont use icon pixmaps
> Don>                 (Exept for Trashcan, Printer, File from OffiX))
> 
> I can't seem to reproduce this under AIX.  I'll try under Linux
> tonight.  If it's a bug that nearly everyone sees, it might need to be
> before the official release instead of after.

	I too have seen this, and just now tried to duplicate it,
without success. But then I looked closer at the icon title as I
moved it, and remembered that I have OpaqueResize set at 5%.
	As you might guess from my post, that is the culpret. 
After I set OpaqueResize to 0, and specified an invalid icon pixmap
(or removed the default), the icon titles vanished on cue.

-- 
Eli Burke
[email-masked] 
http://csugrad.cs.vt.edu/~eburke/ 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].

---

From: <[email-masked]> (Charles Hines)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 11:01:17 -0400

>>>>> "Eli" == Eli Burke <[email-masked]> writes:

CH> I can't seem to reproduce this under AIX.  I'll try under Linux
CH> tonight.  If it's a bug that nearly everyone sees, it might need to be
CH> before the official release instead of after.

Eli>    I too have seen this, and just now tried to duplicate it,
Eli> without success. But then I looked closer at the icon title as I
Eli> moved it, and remembered that I have OpaqueResize set at 5%.
Eli>    As you might guess from my post, that is the culpret.
Eli> After I set OpaqueResize to 0, and specified an invalid icon pixmap
Eli> (or removed the default), the icon titles vanished on cue.

Ah...  Ok, I can reproduce it now.

I'll look into fixing this for the next beta release.  Potential
fixes:

        - Icons always move opaquely (probably easiest)
        - Find out why they aren't redrawn & actually fix it

If the latter is too complex to fix right now, I'll go with the
former to tide us over.

Chuck