Subject: Re: FVWM: Porting twm bugfix to fvwm?

From: Josh Hurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:43:29 +0100

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:23:54 -0500, Dan Espen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Josh Hurst <[email-masked]> writes:
> > http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-commit/2005-March/002586.html
> > may be something needed in fvwm, too...
> 
> No one has reported a problem with print screens.

This is only a feature of HP/UX now but in X11R7 it may become the
default that X servers have both video and print screens.

> I don't understand them very well.
> Aren't these print screens on a different virtual display?

Currently print displays are running on a separate server called
"Xprt" (X print server) but right now there is some work in progress
to create one server which has both types of screens (video cards and
printers) in one display (example: screens #0+#1 may be video cards,
screens #2 may be a print screen. Or screen #0 is a video card and
screens #1+#2 are print screens).
>
> If so, if you start fvwm with -s it won't try to manage
> another display.

twm has a similar option but the idea of the bugfix for twm is to
detect this automatically without any extra options - you do not have
to enable xinerama support with extra options in fvwm, too.
> 
> > PS: Apologies for sending this twice - once to fvwm-workers which was
> > the wrong address and now to the correct list a 2nd time.
> 
> Fvwm workers was the right list.

OK
-- 
Josh
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]