Subject: FVWM at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage (March, 5. + 6.)

From: Frank Gruellich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:21:03 +0100

Hi,

happy new year.

This goes mainly to German part of the fvwm-workers, so below, after my
poor English, there will be a German version of this mail.  By no means
I am going to exclude international fvwm-workers, but this is a very
regional event.

=== English version ===

March, 5th and 6th the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage (Linux-days) happen.  The
main theme this year is "Linux loves desktops".  In order to have not
only the big desktop enviroments in place I would like to have
alternative (maybe better) window managers there.  I would really
appreciate a lecture over FVWM.  I am not responsible for the selected
lectures but I would have an eye at this selection and try to pull
things in a right direction.

Of course, there are a couple of persons who are more convenient for
this.  The call for lectures can be found here:
<URL:http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2005/vortraege/call.html>.  I know
about the thight deadline, but you should not care about this at the
moment.

One more point: the Linux-Nacht (Linux-night) happens this year for the
very first time between the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage.  It's mainly
organised by myself.  Among others it's intended to give OpenSource
projects the chance to meet and maybe advertise new people with fresh
ideas for the project or simply introduce it to them.  The preceding
year the KDE-Pim-Projekt met here at the Chemnitzer Linux-Tage, I think
this was pretty successfull.  Maybe somebody of the fvwm-workers is
interested in something similar at the Linux-Nacht; you could talk about
ToDos or general questions not appropriated for mails.  Personal I would
be very pleased to meet some of the fvwm-workers.

=== German version ===

Am 5. und 6. Maerz finden wieder die Chemnitzer Linux-Tage statt.  Das
Thema in diesem Jahr ist "Linux loves desktops".  Um nicht nur die
grossen desktop-Umgebungen vertreten zu haben, dachte ich mir, dass auch
alternative, aber mindestens genauso gute, windowmanager vorgestellt
werden sollten.  Ein Vortrag ueber FVWM wuerde mich natuerlich besonders
freuen.  Ich bin nicht verantwortlich fuer die Vortragsauswahl, aber ich
werde ein Auge darauf haben und nicht uneigennuetzig versuchen, Dinge in
die richtige Richtung ziehen.

Natuerlich gibt es einige Personen, fuer die sich das besonders
anbietet.  Der call for lectures ist hier:
<URL:http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/2005/vortraege/call.html>.  Ich
weiss, dass die deadline fuer Einreichungen etwas knapp aussieht, aus
zuverlaessiger Quelle weiss ich aber, dass man sich davon nicht
sonderlich beeindrucken lassen sollte.

Ein weiterer Punkt: dieses Jahr findet erstmals zwischen den beiden
Chemnitzer Linux-Tagen die Linux-Nacht statt.  Sie wird massgeblich von
mir organisiert.  Sie ist unter anderem dazu gedacht,
OpenSouce-Projekten eine Gelegenheit sich zu treffen oder evtl. sich
neuen Leuten vorzustellen.  Im letzten Jahr hat sich das KDE-Pim-Projekt
hier auf den Linux-Tagen getroffen, es schien recht erfolgreich gewesen
zu sein.  Vielleicht hat jemand von euch Lust, etwas aehnliches in der
Linux-Nacht zu machen, ihr koenntet ToDos oder allgemeine Fragen
diskutieren, die sich per mail unguenstig besprechen lassen.  Ich wuerde
mich persoenlich sehr freuen, ein paar von den fvwm-workers
kennenzulernen.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Kind regards,
 Frank Gruellich.
-- 
,------------------------.------------------------.--------------------.
| Chemnitzer Linux-Tage  | "Linux loves desktops" ' [email-masked] |
| March, 5th + 6th, 2005 |       http://chemnitzer.linux-tage.de/      |
'------------------------'---------------------------------------------'
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]