Subject: shape masking and it's future in fvwm

From: Evan Sikorski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:14:27 -0600

Hello devs, great work on fvwm.

	I was wondering what the future of shape masking in Fvwm will
	be. I've noticed a few things about it currently that don't sit
	well with me, and I wondered if anyone was still working on this
	portion of fvwm and of course, if they were willing to take some
	suggestions:

 1.   Shape masking doesn't work in title bars as of yet, although you
	can use pixmaps to shape yourself some rounded (or otherwise
	different) corners, if you don't use pixmaps you are left with
	no choices.

 2.  Shape masking ruins the effect borders have in Fvwm. Example: I
	make a shape mask for my menu and when I bring up the menu I
	have shaped	corners, the problem is, the border around the menu
	window is cut off where the shaping happens.  Will it ever be
	possible for the border to follow the contour of the shape mask?

Thanks in advance,
-Evan
[email-masked]
hednod @ #fvwm irc.freenode.net
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]