Subject: Notification: incoming/1453

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 21:31:22 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

scott changed notes

Message summary for PR#1453
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Enhance FakeKeyPress please
	Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:48:39 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups
	Notes: Sat Oct  2 21:19:03 2004	scott	> Send keys not just to specific windows,
but the currently active window

This works as is:

FakeKeypress press h

should send a 'h' to the active/current window.
(Try it with "Module FvwmConsole -terminal rxvt". Note that it won't work
with xterm though.)

However, there is a problem with binding FakeKeypress to a key event. ie.

Key H A CM FakeKeypress press h

Presumably this doesn't work because there is a grab on the keyboard
before FakeKeypress is invoked. Dominik may be able to tell us if a
workaround is possible. Dominik?

> Allow sending of keys modified with Ctrl, Meta, etc.

This works fine as is. You need to use the "modifiers" keyword:

FakeKeypress modifiers 6 press a

should output a capital 'A'. Ctrl is modifier 8 I think. (see fvwm man
page)

SCoTT. :)
Sat Oct  2 21:31:22 2004	scott	> Send keys not just to specific windows,
but the currently active window

This works as is:

FakeKeypress press h

should send a 'h' to the active/current window.
(Try it with "Module FvwmConsole -terminal rxvt". Note that it won't work
with xterm though.)

However, there is a problem with binding FakeKeypress to a key event. ie.

Key H A CM FakeKeypress press h

Presumably this doesn't work because there is a grab on the keyboard
before FakeKeypress is invoked. Dominik may be able to tell us if a
workaround is possible. Dominik?

> Allow sending of keys modified with Ctrl, Meta, etc.

This works fine as is. You need to use the "modifiers" keyword:

FakeKeypress modifiers 6 press a

should output a capital 'A'. Ctrl is modifier 8 I think. (see fvwm man
page)

SCoTT. :)

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Sat Oct 02 14:48:41 2004
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:48:39 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Enhance FakeKeyPress please

Full_Name: Tommy C. Li
Version: 2.5.11
CVS_Date: 
OS: Gentoo Linux
X_Server: Xorg
Submission from: (NULL) (69.172.241.119)

It would be great if FakeKeyPress was enhanced a bit. Specifically, I'd
find very useful the following enhancements:

-Send keys not just to specific windows, but the currently active window
-Allow sending of keys modified with Ctrl, Meta, etc.

Perhaps this could be put into an executable or script. XMacro had a good
concept, but is unfortunately way too old, and doesn't work for me at all.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]