Subject: Re: Bugs in SetEnv and UnsetEnv

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:27:02 +0100

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 08:40:04PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:23:48PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> > I would like to get some feedback before I try to resolve these bugs.
> > These are in both 2.4.x and 2.5.x.
> > 
> > 1) 'UnsetEnv VARNAME' does not work, the variable is not unset, instead
> >    it gets an empty value "". The fix is obvious, putenv should be called
> >    with "VARNAME" not "VARNAME=".
> 
> I've written a function flib_unsetenv() that uses unsetenv if the
> system has it.  If not, it calls putenv("name").  If that throws
> an error or does not remove the variable, it is zeroed with
> putenv("name=").
> 

This new code is giving me some trouble

#0  0x40290223 in free () from /lib/libc.so.6
#1  0x080f7989 in add_to_envlist (var=0x820aad0 "Icon-0x2400003",
        env=0x82139f8 "Icon-0x2400003=$[w.iconfile]") at envvar.c:394
#2  0x080f7acb in flib_putenv (var=0x820aad0 "Icon-0x2400003",
        env=0x82139f8 "Icon-0x2400003=$[w.iconfile]") at envvar.c:447
#3  0x08082cd5 in CMD_SetEnv (cond_rc=0xbfffeb60, exc=0x82153c8,
        action=0x8216c3b "") at builtins.c:3337
#4  0x080bab2b in __execute_function (cond_rc=0xbfffeb60, exc=0x8217360,
        action=0x8215bcd "SetEnv Icon-0x2400003 $[w.iconfile]",
        exec_flags=0 '\0', args=0x0) at functions.c:630

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 13:31:12 +0200

>         exec_flags=0 '\0', args=0x0) at functions.c:630

Fixed.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]