Subject: Problem with TearOff and ManualPlacement

From: Markus Rost <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:45:59 +0200

Here is a problem when tearing off menus with the mouse with
ManualPlacement activated.  Run Fvwm as

fvwm -f ~/.fvwm/fvwm-test

with the config-file appended below.  Click and release mouse 2 on the
root window to open menu Menu-1.  Move the mouse over item "Menu-2" so
that menu Menu-2 pops up.  Move the mouse over "Menu-2-Title" and
click mouse-2 (to tear off menu Menu-2).  Do that mouse-2 click
carefully without moving the mouse.  A ribbon-band window shows up,
indicating the place for the teared-off menu.  Move the mouse slowly
-- the ribbon-band window jumps to another place.  Or click the mouse
to place the window:  The window is not placed at the location
indicated by the initial ribbon bands.  I guess that jump is not
intended.

If you use bigger menus, the jump can become bigger.

This happens with 2.5.11 and with the cvs version after 2004-07-01.
It does not happen with 2.5.10 and with the cvs version before
2004-07-01.

===File ~/.fvwm/fvwm-test===================================
## -*- fvwm-generic -*-

Style * ManualPlacement

Mouse   2       R       N       Menu Menu-1

DestroyMenu Menu-1
AddToMenu Menu-1
+ "Menu-1-Title"         Title
+ "Menu-2"               Popup Menu-2

DestroyMenu Menu-2
AddToMenu Menu-2
+ "Menu-2-Title"         Title

============================================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 18:57:49 +0200

> It does not happen with 2.5.10 and with the cvs version before

Fixed.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]