Subject: System tray in FvwmTaskBar ?

From: Gilles Foucault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:08:50 -0400

Dear Fvwm hackers,

I'd like to ask you if there is ongoing work about the implementation of 
the freedesktop.org's System tray (notification area) inside FvwmTaskBar:
http://freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Gilles

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:00:56 +0200

> http://freedesktop.org/Standards/systemtray-spec

Currently, nobody is doing much with the taskbar.  A patch would
be welcome, though.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]

---

From: "Gilles Foucault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 04:50:09 +0200 (CEST)

> Currently, nobody is doing much with the taskbar.  A patch would

I'd enjoy writing this hack using the code of peksystray
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/peksystray).

I should maybe get some knowledge about FVWM module writing and X
programming. I already did some code with X/OpenMotif but I'm not an
expert at X programming.

Do you have any reference documentation to FVWM module programming
(communication protocol, events)  ? and X programming ?

Regards,

Gilles

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:09:50 -0400

> (communication protocol, events)  ? and X programming ?

Start here:

http://www.fvwm.org/documentation/developers.php

The module interface section specifically.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:47:08 +0200

> (communication protocol, events)  ? and X programming ?

For X programming, try the man pages and these books:

  Adrian Nye, Xlib Programming Manual, O'Reilly, ISBN 1-56592-002-3
  Adrian Nye, Xlib Reference Manual, O'Reilly, ISBN 1-56592-006-6

(about 35 USD each).  Both are invaluable to the Xlib programmer
(fvwm is written in plain Xlib).

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^