Subject: Request for FPAllowFocusClickFunction-like option applying to decor functions

From: Dave Ahlswede <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 21:46:07 -0400

I'm trying to construct a focus policy which basically dictates that a
click to an unfocused window will have no consequences at all except to
focus/raise it. The !FPPassFocusClick/ClickToFocusPassesClickOff styles
make this work, with one notable exception-- window buttons and other
decor-related functions are still called, even in the presence of the !
FPAllowFocusClickFunction style-- it seems to only apply to functions
invoked in the window or icon contexts. 

I'd like to see it possible to prevent the Focusing click from invoking
any Decor-context functions, if at all possible.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:07:42 +0200

> any Decor-context functions, if at all possible.

Is that what you want?

  Style * !FPAllowFocusClickFunction, !FPAllowRaiseClickFunction
  Style * !FPPassFocusClick

Note that currently if you click on the decorations to raise/focus
a window, the part you clicked on is drawn pressed in and does not
return to normal state.  I will fix this.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]

---

From: Dave Ahlswede <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:59:14 -0400

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 12:07 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> ecor-context functions, if at all possible.
> 
> Is that what you want?
> 

Ahh, thank you. Apparently, the raiseclick was what was getting me. I
did actually come up with another way (amazing how a little sleep can
inspire one sometimes), by executing WindowStyle NoButton and Button in
a focus_change FvwmEvent. Having it in the focus model is a little more
elegant though. :)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:13:02 +0200

> a focus_change FvwmEvent. Having it in the focus model is a little more

I knew that feature would come in handy some day :-)  It's one of
those that I added just because it was easy to do and I did not
see a reason against it.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^