Subject: faq suggestion

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:51:40 +0100

I have a suggestion for a faq based on a question I see quite regulary
on the irc channel, something like this:

Q: Why does fvwm change my X Cursor theme?
A: It doesnt, there is a standard set of cursors that should always be 
available to applications, such as crosshair, left_ptr, arrow, pencil, etc. 
your theme should provide each of these cursors, but some dont. when 
something (eg, an application or fvwm) requests a cursor that your theme 
doesnt provide, X falls back to the default. If you are seeing fvwm using
cursors that dont match your theme, you should use CursorStyle to 
change to a cursor that is available, or find a more complete theme.
Note that fvwm doesnt control what cursors your applications request.

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 22:33:52 +0200

> Note that fvwm doesnt control what cursors your applications request.

Added.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]