Subject: pserver hangs

From: Salvatore Domenick Desiano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:14:32 -0400 (EDT)

Is there any particular reason that

cvs -d:pserver:[email-masked]/home/cvs/fvwm login
cvs -d:pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm checkout fvwm

Would just hang indefinitely? This happened to me the first time I tried
this (four months ago), and again today, which makes me think there's
something wrong with the way I'm doing it.

Thanks.

-- Sal
smile.

--------------
  Salvatore Domenick Desiano
    Research Scientist
      NASA Ames Research Center (QSS Group, Inc.)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 16:21:05 -0400

> something wrong with the way I'm doing it.

CVS is definitely working, I just tried it.

Try installing a different version of cvs.  There is at least
one version that doesn't work.  We weren't able to figure out why.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:54:49 -0500

>>>>> "SDD" == Salvatore Domenick Desiano <[email-masked]> writes:

SDD> Is there any particular reason that cvs [...] Would just hang
SDD> indefinitely?

Your client is probably out of date.  Some older clients don't talk
well with newer servers.  The FVWM CVS server is running 1.11.17.

 - J<

---

From: Salvatore Domenick Desiano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:34:14 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks, Dan and Jason. I've found this problem documented elsewhere on the
web, but no solution. It's a bit of a pain, since I work on a group of a
dozen machines that have 1.11.1p1 installed (thanks, RH7.3), but I'll work
around it.

Stupid broken interfaces.

-- Sal
smile.

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

o >>>>> "SDD" == Salvatore Domenick Desiano <[email-masked]> writes:
o
o SDD> Is there any particular reason that cvs [...] Would just hang
o SDD> indefinitely?
o
o Your client is probably out of date.  Some older clients don't talk
o well with newer servers.  The FVWM CVS server is running 1.11.17.
o
o  - J<
o
o
o

--------------