Subject: Notification: incoming/1410

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:53:17 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/1410

Message summary for PR#1410
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: System Tray on FvwmTaskBar
	Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:53:13 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Sun Aug 22 13:53:14 2004
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:53:13 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: System Tray on FvwmTaskBar

Full_Name: Pavel Alexeev
Version: 2.5.10
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.6.8.1, Slack 10
X_Server: x.org
Submission from: (NULL) (217.225.159.70)

The MS Windows GUI offers a great feature named system tray. This acts not
only as a simple notification area (incoming mail etc.) but it is currently
used by most software as the miniature taskbar version. For example, winamp
can minimize its window into system tray instead of taskbar. This is really
very nice because winamp (or xmms in linux) is runned on my computer nearly
always and the winamp button on taskbar interferes me.
My idea: allow the applications to tell the FvwmTaskBar that the app button
is to be placed not as the large taskbar button with a title but as a
simple icon (small, 16px) at the right of the clock (like a mail
notificator). Or: divide the current button area in two parts (one for the
large labeled app buttons and one for the small iconified). In
system.fvwm2rc, should be a new attribute added, to decide, whether the
window of the corresponded type must be placed to systray or not. For
example, the attribute "SysTray". This strategy can save a lot of space on
the taskbar for the application buttons.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]