Subject: Send_WindowList

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 03:45:20 +0100

Hello, I don't really understand what is supposed to happen when I send
"Send_WindowList", am I supposed to get a M_CONFIG_INFO packet for each 
window?

I only seem to get one packet, and then my normal packets requested with 
SetMessageMask. I only need to know their windowid's, am I supposed to 
parse the packet payload? (I'm only reading the headers at the moment).

This is my Module: http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/files/FvwmExpose
(written in bash, heh :-) ) It works pretty good, but without Send_WindowList
it can only find out about windows it receives events for. 

(You might remember I asked a question about the expose idea a while ago 
on fvwm-users, after some experimenting I found that a module is the only
way to do it reliably).

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:29:27 +0200

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:45:20AM +0100, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
> "Send_WindowList",

> am I supposed to get a M_CONFIG_INFO packet for each 
> window?

No, you get a M_CONFIGURE_WINDOW packet for each window.  When all
packets have been sent, the module gets a M_END_WINDOWLIST packet.
The M_CONFIG_INFO packages contain the module confiugration lines
("*Fvwm...") and are requested with SendConfigInfo.

> SetMessageMask.

> I only need to know their windowid's, am I supposed to 

You can do with the packets what you want.  If the window id is
all you need, you can throw away the rest.

> on fvwm-users, after some experimenting I found that a module is the only

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

---

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:42:17 +0100

> ("*Fvwm...") and are requested with SendConfigInfo.

Thanks Dominik, I think I'm losing bytes somewhere, I should probably
rewrite it in c :)