Subject: rendering bug with gcc 3.4.0

From: Jochen Klenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:53:06 +0200 (MEST)

Hi all,

when I tried to compile the latest CVS with gcc 3.4.0, I noticed that the 
highlight color of the pseudo-3d ornaments is rendered in dark grey. It is 
the right color for inactive windows in the default config (the bug can 
be reproduced with an empty config), but it appears on all windows, even on
menues. Setting a different color like this:
Style * HilightBack Red
doesn't help.

See the attached image for illustration: left is an inactive 
xterm, right an active one.

This behavior shows only up with gcc 3.4. When I use an old gcc 2.91 
everything is ok. I have tried using the new gcc only recently, so i can't 
tell since when this problem has been inherent in the code (probably a 
long time).

Besides, compiling fvwm with gcc 3.4.0 yields lots of the following 
warnings:
dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules 
use of cast expressions as lvalues is deprecated

Best regards

Jochen