Subject: TODO 2.6

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:37:28 +1000

Hi Mikhael,

What needs to be done for items E.11, E.12 & E.15 in docs/todo-2.6?

Oh! I just noticed item F.1! :)

SCoTT. :)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:15:45 +0000

> What needs to be done for items E.11, E.12 & E.15 in docs/todo-2.6?

E.11 and E.12 are mostly done unless you (as an application writer) find
something missing. I plan to make small clean ups however.

I planned to have more things, like better tests for fvwm perllib and new
classes, but I have no enough time to complete them right now. Some ideas
are FVWM::Module::Terminal (think FvwmConsole, but it also implements all
dialog methods of the abstract FVWM::Module::Toolkit, using xterms or
similar); FVWM::Module::AnyToolkit to create simple GUIs without
requiring to install GTK or Tk perl bindings (they are autodetected and
the best class is used, otherwise it fallbacks to FVWM::Module::Terminal).

E.15 is optional, it would be good if FvwmWindowMenu had all WindowList
functionality (so it may eventually replace it in the future). But
currently it is far from this (and some fvwm tweaks are needed), so
unless you may quickly add missing functionality, this may be postponed.

> Oh! I just noticed item F.1! :)

I think the solution is just to add/replace some menu items to the
fallback menu. For example, to add new item "Install fvwm-themes" that
may use FVWM::Module::AnyToolkit to ask questions, then "wget;
rpm/deb/make". Reworking the existing two Setup items would be good too.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 15:18:05 +0000

> What needs to be done for items E.11, E.12 & E.15 in docs/todo-2.6?

As for E.15, there is a bug number 1146 (escaping the special characters
in menu labels).

You may go to http://www.fvwm.org/cgi-bin/fvwm-bug.private (password
needed) and manage bugs. Please remove fvwm-bug@ address when you reply
to Notification messages, all such replies are considered as new bug
reports, I just closed 2 or 3 of them.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 22:29:41 +1000

> needed) and manage bugs.

Username 'scott' & my CVS password don't appear to work.

Who should I see about this? Jason?

SCoTT. :)

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:07:14 -0400

> Who should I see about this? Jason?

You don't appear in the pull down list of people with access.
I think you need Jason to add you.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:43:34 +1000

> I think you need Jason to add you.

Ok, thanks Dan.

Jason, can you please give me access to fvwm-bug?

Also, DEVELOPERS should probably be updated. The "Doing the JitterBug"
section implies anyone with CVS access has access to fvwm-bug.

SCoTT. :)