Subject: Notification: incoming/1320

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:43:17 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/1320

Message summary for PR#1320
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: xft and fedora linux
	Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:40:57 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Thu Jun 17 20:40:58 2004
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 20:40:57 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: xft and fedora linux

Full_Name: Don Duttweiler
Version: 2.5.10
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux Fedora Core 2
X_Server: xorg
Submission from: (NULL) (68.7.63.215)

Antialiased fonts do not seem to work when using the recent Fedora Core 2
linux distribution.  Under the earlier RedHat 9.0 they were working fine
for me.  This is true whether using freshly compiled (under the new OS)
executables or the executables that were used under RedHat 9.0.  The
configuration file (fvwm2rc) is unchanged.  I've played around with
various compile options but changed nothing in so doing. 

No error messages appear, but the font used is clearly not an anti-aliased
one.  What is particularly puzzling is that even the application xterm
does not properly pick up the anti-aliased fonts when I run fvwm as the
window manager.  Under gnome it does.  I don't understand how the window
manager could be even involved here.  With fvwm 2.5.10 and RedHat 9.0,
xterm picked up the antialiased fonts just fine. 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]