Subject: CVS write access for Scott?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 12:34:56 +0200

I think we should give CVS write access to Scott.  Anybody to
second that opinion?

(To Scott:  I know I promised to look more closely at the window
specific key bindings patch, but I just don't find the time to do
it since I became a freelancer.  I think the functionality is
fine.  The only concern I have was something about the interface.
If you'd write an example binding line I will remember immediately
what it was.)

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:44:52 -0400

> I think we should give CVS write access to Scott.  Anybody to

Mikhael proposed this on 31-May so you've just seconded it.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:05:29 +0200

> Mikhael proposed this on 31-May so you've just seconded it.

Hrm.  I suggested it two days before, but that mail did not make
it to the list.  Then I thought I saw Mikhael's message for a
second before accidentally deleting it.  However, his message
never made it to the mailing list archives.  Strange :-/

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:19:03 +0200

> Mikhael proposed this on 31-May so you've just seconded it.

And I second it too ... now.

Olivier

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 01:44:22 +0000

> never made it to the mailing list archives.  Strange :-/

This is a very strange story. I wrote this message on 28-May.

I am very interested to know why it is not in the archives and why the
31-May date. I have a suspicion of losing some incoming and outcoming
messages (not related to this mailing list), and any light would help.

Returning to the topic, Scott, please read dev_cvs.php and follow the
encrypted password instructions.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:51:20 +1000

Hi Dominik,

: I think we should give CVS write access to Scott.  Anybody to
: second that opinion?

Can I vote? :)

: (To Scott:  I know I promised to look more closely at the window
: specific key bindings patch, but I just don't find the time to do
: it since I became a freelancer.  I think the functionality is
: fine.  The only concern I have was something about the interface.
: If you'd write an example binding line I will remember immediately
: what it was.)

Sure. Here's an extract from an earlier post:

===

Syntax is:

Key Tab (FvwmTabs)A C Function NextTab

Now, Ctrl-Tab in an FvwmTabs window invokes the NextTab function whereas
in any other window the key event is passed through to the window with
the focus.

Other examples:

Key V (rxvt)A C Echo ctrl-V-in-RXVT
Key V (xterm)A C Echo ctrl-V-in-XTerm
Key V A C Echo ctrl-V-elsewhere

The only difference is an optional regex-pattern field denoting the
window class/resource/name (appearing in ()-brackets at the _START_
of the context field) that the binding applies to.

===

It seems I neglected to mention that it works with Mouse bindings
as well.

SCoTT. :)

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:41:44 +0200

> : I think we should give CVS write access to Scott.  Anybody to

You can only vote "No" ;-)

> Key Tab (FvwmTabs)A C Function NextTab

Ah, yes.  Could we make that

  Key (FvwmTabs) Tab A C ...

instead?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^