Subject: AnimatedMove and fvwm-menu-directory

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:24:45 +0100

Hello, telling windows to AnimatedMove while already in an AnimatedMove 
operation seems to leave the server grabbed, i work around it with a 
simple wrapper function that uses States to make sure it's safe:

DestroyFunc LockingSlide
AddToFunc LockingSlide
+ I Test (!State 2) Break
+ I State 2 False
+ I AnimatedMove $0 $1
+ I State 2 True

You can test it with this: 

DestroyModuleConfig MoveTest: *
*MoveTest: Geometry 100x100
*MoveTest: (Action Current AnimatedMove w-10p keep, Title "Click Me")
Module FvwmButtons MoveTest

if you click it really fast a few times, you will see what I mean :)

Is this workaround nescessary, or have I found a bug?

secondly, is there any reason why fvwm-menu-directory has the menu name
'FuncFvwmMenuDirectory' hardcoded?

I have two different functions that handle browsing directories, one is 
a general browser and the other browses images, in the second one I have 
to sed out the menu Name so that moving to a subdirectory doesnt confuse 
it...would a patch be accepted that stopped it from ignoring the --name 
option witout --reuse?

you can see the functions I use here
http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/fvwm2rc.html one is called
FuncFvwmMenuDirectory, and the other is WallpaperBrowser.

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:00:34 +0000

> Is this workaround nescessary, or have I found a bug?

Probably a bug, but something is missing here for a minimal reproducable
config. Probably you use FvwmEvent too.

> it...would a patch be accepted that stopped it from ignoring the --name 

This is not a good fix. --name is a menu name in all fvwm-menu-* scripts,
using it as a function name would be confusing. I will add some new
option like --missing-subdir-function (or better yet --func-name) later.

Regards,
Mikhael.