Subject: zh_CN translation wanted

From: Funda Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 20:53:38 +0800

Hello,

I'm a member of I18n/zh_CN team, while we had done a lot of work on GNU
soft/KDE/GNOME. We're now want to get fvwm localized to zh_CN. If it is
possible, it would be better that issue a cvs account for me.

We'll maintain our works through a web interface, which is located at
i18n.ricetons.com.

Thanx.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:33:08 -0400

> We'll maintain our works through a web interface, which is located at

You may send patches.  I don't know if someone will commit them.

Why is the web interface you mention, http://i18n.ricetons.com,
password protected?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Funda Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:01:42 +0800

Dan> You may send patches.  I don't know if someone will commit them.
Mmmm....?

Dan> Why is the web interface you mention, http://i18n.ricetons.com,
Dan> password protected?
Translators must be registered to do his work. You can check our latest
statistics at http://i18n.ricetons.com/trans_status/index.php which is not
password protected.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 21:48:13 +0000

> possible, it would be better that issue a cvs account for me.

There is no much to translate currently in fvwm, but you may add your
language to the existing po/ directory. Maybe in the future we will
compose a better set of standard strings for modules/core, that we will
ask translators to translate.

If you want, you may translate fvwm-themes.

You may submit your finished work by email in the way of patches or
complete files. If you do this often, we may think about the cvs access.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Funda Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 08:50:02 +0800

Mikhael> If you want, you may translate fvwm-themes.
But the POT files inside po directory was too old to translate. There should be scripty robot
that extract POT every day.

---

From: Funda Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 16:26:25 +0800

Dan> You may send patches.  I don't know if someone will commit them.
Here are they. But I'm not sure whether the POT files within po directory is up2date.

---

From: Funda Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 07:26:48 +0800