Subject: Passing events to Reparented windows

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 16:55:10 +0100

Forgive my ignorance of anything more than the basics of xlib stuff here,
I've read the XReparentWindow and related man pages, but I'd like to double
check i'm heading in the right direction..

I had assumed there was some reason why when I swallowed a window with
FvwmButtons (or Scott's FvwmTabs) it wouldnt get ConfigureNotify events
when moved (double checked with xev -window ..), not a big problem but it
meant that things like transparent terminals didnt work properly...but
messing around today, it seems pretty easy to pass the events to the
swallowed windows and it works exactly how I'd expect...am I missing
something?

Is it worth submiting the patch? Should it be optional, eg
Swallow(PassEvents, UseOld, etc...).

I've been using FvwmButtons to make some cool shaped window effects, like
this rounded aterm :) 

http://dev.gentoo.org/~taviso/screenshots/may04a-fvwm.png

Thanks.

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]