Subject: Notification: incoming/1262

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:01:46 -0500 (CDT)

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/1262

Message summary for PR#1262
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Pixmaps, icons, etc. don't work in remote fvwm
	Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:59:33 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Fri Apr 30 13:59:34 2004
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:59:33 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Pixmaps, icons, etc. don't work in remote fvwm

Full_Name: Piotr Zielinski
Version: 2.5.10
CVS_Date: 
OS: Red Hat Linux 9 (both machines)
X_Server: XFree86 Version 4.3.0 
Submission from: (NULL) (128.232.8.138)

When I use fvwm remotely, none of the image-based stuff (icons, pixmap,
etc.) work. I see a random image of the same size instead and fvwm reports
the following error (many times)

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 145, Error 168, EventType: 4

from time to time also

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 145, Error 168, EventType: 12

and

[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 145, Error 10, EventType: 4

This problem appears even if fvwm is started without a configuration file

fvwm -f /dev/null

Finally, when fvwm works without any problems if used locally on either of
the two machines.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:36:43 +0200

> Finally, when fvwm works without any problems if used locally on either of

Hello,

I've recently commited a fix to this problem. At present time I cannot
test this fix. Can you try

ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/snapshots/fvwm-snap-20040430.tar.gz

and report again by answering this mail?

Thanks, Olivier

---

From: Piotr Zielinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 00:15:15 +0100

Piotr> When I use fvwm remotely, none of the image-based stuff (icons,
Piotr> pixmap, etc.) work.

Olivier> I've recently commited a fix to this problem. At present time
Olivier> I cannot test this fix. Can you try

Olivier> ftp://ftp.fvwm.org/pub/fvwm/devel/snapshots/fvwm-snap-20040430.tar.gz

Thanks for a prompt reply.  I've tried the cvs version of fvwm and
everything works ok with the exception of a single image, which is
still displayed as a random bitmap.  This image (a small png file) is
the first image mentioned in my .fvwm2rc; if I change the order then
the new first image doesn't work.  Moreover, if I type the same line 

TitleStyle AllActive   TiledPixmap decor/title-active.png -- Flat 

again (in FvwmConsole), then everything works fine.

Thanks,

Piotr