Subject: My .fvwm2rc and a screenshot

From: Piotr Zielinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 01:45:35 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to add a screenshot of my fvwm setup to the list at

http://www.fvwm.org/screenshots/desktops/

The graphics probably still needs a lot of work, but the setup shows
some solutions that may be interesting to other people.

Screenshot 1024x768:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/editing/myfvwm.png

.fvwm2rc:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/editing/config.fvwm2rc

Description:

I use the Super_L for most FVWM-related operations.  FvwmButtons in
the bottom left corner and the icons appear/disappear when Super_L is
pressed/released.  Also, FvwmButtons is shown for a second or so when
the mouse pointer hits a screen edge.  Switching pages with EdgeScroll
still works.  All these tricks are possible with the new Schedule
command.  Finally, a window thumbnail used as its icon is produced
when the window has had focus for some time, not when it is being
iconified.  This makes FVWM feel more responsive.  <a
href="http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/editing/windows.html">More
...</a>

Thanks,

Piotr

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 01:35:02 -0500

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote Piotr Zielinski thusly...
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/editing/myfvwm.png

Say, which programming language is that in the left window?

  - Parv

--

---

From: Piotr Zielinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2004 15:32:50 +0100

Piotr> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/editing/myfvwm.png

Parv> Say, which programming language is that in the left window?

This is MetaPost, a very useful language for drawing anything,
esp. technical diagrams that contain a lot of repetitions.  What you
see in the left window is the part of the source that describes the
actual diagram on the right.  What you don't see are the routines for
drawing individual objects and computing their positions.  The range
of graphical primitives available in MetaPost is huge, you can draw
almost everything.

MetaPost webpage:

http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/hobby/MetaPost.html

User's manual:

http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/hobby/mppubs.html#man

Piotr