Subject: Fvwm descendants

From: Tavis Ormandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 13:17:15 +0100

Hi there, I don't know if anyone else will be interested in this, but as
part of fvwm's entry in the wikipedia encylopedia, I went through all of
the window managers listed on Matt Chapman's Window Managers for X site and
identified all of the fvwm derivatives :)

I put them all together in a Family Tree diagram here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FVWM#Family_Tree

Feel free to point out any that I missed :)

-- 
-------------------------------------
[email-masked] | finger me for my gpg key.
-------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 22:08:54 -0400

in message <30910000.1081513035@[192.168.0.1]>,
wrote Tavis Ormandy thusly...
>
> 
> I went through all of the window managers listed on Matt Chapman's
> Window Managers for X site and identified all of the fvwm
> derivatives :)
> 

"All My Children"  ;}

I am surprised to notice that SCWM is a descendant of FVWM.

An odd thing i noticed while i was using both stable & development
versions of fvwm on & off.  Whenever i switched[0] from either version
of fvwm to tvtwm, and vice versa, the page & window layout[1] remain
unchanged.  Switching between -stable & -devel versions of fvwm,
however, moved all the windows to the first page.

  [0] Switching as in replacing current wm w/ another.  See "Restart"
      function.

  [1]  Pager layout was same in all three wms.  There was only one
      "desk" in fvwm.

  - Parv

-- 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]