Subject: Re: EWMHIgnore... styles incomplete?

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:54:00 +0200

On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 10:55:18AM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> Olivier, it looks like the EWMHIgnore...Hints styles only handle
> the initial hints of a window.  For example, with
> EWMHIgnoreStateHints, applications can not specify an initial
> layer, but can change their layer via a client message.

Yes. The problem is that it is not possible to know if it is the
application itself or an ewmh TaskBar/Pager which send the client
msg. I.e., after the initial stage we cannot detemine if it is the
application allone or the user (via an interaction with an ewmh
TaskBar/Pager) which send the client msg. So, the EWMHIgnore...Hints
styles only handle the initial hints of a window.

> Should
> this be included in these styles?  

So ... No.

> Alternatively we could add
> EWMHIgnore...Request to block client messages.
>

Yes, we may.

Regards, Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]