Subject: Translucency patch

From: Stephan Beyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 01:12:32 +0100

Hi,

I maintain a very inofficial Debian package of unstable FVWM, and I was
asked (by one of its around 5 *G* users) to put the "Translucency
patch mentioned in the FAQ" into the 2.5.9 deb.

So I did it ;) - not the whole patch, just the Translucency and
XTransparency parts of code. And because I think the Translucency
feature should be part of the official FVWM distribution, I made a
patch for 2.5.9:
	http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/tmp/transl2.5.9.diff.gz

If /usr/src/fvwm/fvwm-2.5.9/ is the directory of the original FVWM 2.5.9
source, do:
   cd /usr/src/fvwm/fvwm-2.5.9/
   GET http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/tmp/transl2.5.9.diff.gz | gzip -dc | patch -p1
   # or download file, gunzip and 'patch -p1 < file.diff'
   autoconf   # Use the right version! autoconf --version -> 2.5x
   automake   # Use the right version! automake --version -> 1.6.x
and compile... (./configure && make && make install)

To use it, do, for example:
	Colorset 5 Translucent blue 70
	MenuStyle * MenuColorset 5

greetings,
sbeyer
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Stephan Beyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 19:25:56 +0100

Hi,

[...]
> 	http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/tmp/transl2.5.9.diff.gz

http://noxa.de/~sbeyer/tmp/transl2.5.10.diff
for 2.5.10 now (not gzipped)

sbeyer