Subject: BugOpts ExplainWindowPlacement

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:47:54 +0100

I've written a new BugOpts option "ExplainWindowPlacement".  While
it is enabled, fvwm prints a message to the console that explains
how a window was placed, for example:

  [FVWM][__explain_placement]: placed new window 0x01c00002 'mymutt':
    desk 0 (current desk)
    page 1 0 (specified by style)
    position !!! !!!

This tells us that the window was placed on the current desk (desk
0), on page (1 0) which was given by a style, and that I did not
get around coding the on-screen position part yet ;-)

As window placement problems are fairly common, I hope this proves
useful in the future.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]