Subject: disallow posting for non-members?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:13:50 +0100

It is sad that I have to ask.  What do you think about allowing
only members to post on the fvwm mailing lists in the future?  The
amount of spam has got out of control.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Johan Svedberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:16:26 +0100

* Feb 23 09:14 Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>:
> It is sad that I have to ask.  What do you think about allowing only
> members to post on the fvwm mailing lists in the future?  The amount
> of spam has got out of control.

I'm all for it. Best would be if the list were modified (non-member
posts need approval to get through), but that takes time which people
tend not to have... :-)

-- 
Johan Svedberg, [email-masked], http://johan.svedberg.pp.se/

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:02:01 +0100

> amount of spam has got out of control.

How about asking posters to put a keyword in the subject line? Mails could be
filtered easily. For spammers it will be to much work to send special mails to
different addresses.

Cheers, Uwe

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:07:38 +0000

On 23 Feb 2004 15:02:01 +0100, Uwe Pross wrote:
> How about asking posters to put a keyword in the subject line? Mails
> could be filtered easily. For spammers it will be to much work to send
> special mails to different addresses.

This is much much less convenient than just subscribing, then post
freely.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:52:54 -0500

> amount of spam has got out of control.

I agree, it is very sad.

Since I applied the SA rule that I posted, nothing has gotten thru
here.

Requiring subscription is OK with me if it will help others.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:18:19 -0500

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote fvwm-w thusly...
> amount of spam has got out of control.

I am too (or is that five) in agreement.  In any case, i would
rather not have mail tagged by subject; subscribe-n-post is just
fine and dandy.

  - Parv

--

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:42:54 +0100

> rather not have mail tagged by subject; subscribe-n-post is just

Maybe we can have both.  Unrestricted posting for members, but
tagged posting for for the convenience of non-members.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^