Subject: The Schedule cmd does not execute complex functions

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 00:21:04 +0100

Hello,

Try this:

	AddToFunc foo I Echo "OK"
	Schedule 500 foo

it seems that foo is not executed via the Schedule cmd.

Regards, Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 10:06:37 +0100

> it seems that foo is not executed via the Schedule cmd.

The schduler code did not initialise the function return code
exited with a random number of "break" levels.  Fixed.

Inspecting the code, I noticed that "Schedule" is prone to a race
condifion.  If you use "+", AddTo{Func,Menu,Decor}, this
interferes with commands being typed asynchronously by the user,
e.g.

  Schedule 60000 AddToFunc bar echo bar
  $ FvwmCommand "AddToFunc foo
  (61 seconds pass)
  $ FvwmCommand "+ I echo foo"

"echo foo" eventually gets added to bar :-P

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^