Subject: Focusing bug

From: Jochen Klenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:03:58 +0100 (MET)

Hi all,
I found this issue in the latest 2.5.9 CVS. When I use ClickToFocus and
use the mouse to change the focus, the windowlist is not in last focused
order. Instead the list is rotated, as if the Focus command had been
used. This does not happen when the MouseFocus or SloppyFocus style is
in use. If I issue a
Style * FPSortWindowlistByFocus
everything works as expected.

The manpage seems to suggest (in the description of
FPSortWindowlistByFocus) that the observed behavior is the default for
ClickToFocus. As well as for SloppyFocus, contradicting actual behavior.
The section about FlipFocus implies that selecting windows with the mouse
is equivalent to the FlipFocus command. So, I don't know how much of the
bug is in the documentation. In my opinion the default should be the old
most-recently-focused order anyway.

Best regards

Jochen
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]