Subject: fvwm-themes-users list?

From: "Paul Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 2003 11:17:37 -0500

Sorry for posting this only-tangentially on-topic, but I've been trying
to use the fvwm-themes-users list for 4 days now with no joy :(.

Is that list active?  Whenever I try to subscribe, the confirmation
email never arrives.  I checked my spam filtering and it's just not
there.  Then I tried to send an email to the list, even though I was not
subscribed, and it never showed up.

I need some pointers on ways to customize/personalize the themes; where
should I go for help?

Thanks!

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>   HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:57:51 +0000

> subscribed, and it never showed up.

It said that [email-masked] has been successfully subscribed to
FVWM-Themes-users on 24 Nov 2003 19:09:02 -0800.

I will go and approve your message from [email-masked]
(and discard 55 spam messages), I don't do this periodically, maybe once
in several months. Please subscribe from [email-masked].

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "Paul Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Nov 2003 12:06:36 -0500

%% Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> writes:

  mg> I will go and approve your message from [email-masked]
  mg> (and discard 55 spam messages), I don't do this periodically, maybe once
  mg> in several months. Please subscribe from [email-masked].

This is the one that doesn't work, though.

I then subscribed using a completely separate email address, that I
download via POP, and that one worked so now I'm actually subscribed via
that email address.

But still none of my attempts to subscribe via my normal email addresses
(neither the "real" one nor my gnu.org address) worked.  It's bizarre
because I've subscribed to a number of other lists, even mailman lists,
and it's always worked before...?

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 17:33:26 +0000

> and it's always worked before...?

It seems like you have some unsuccessful SPAM filter in the middle.
I think I read that spamprobe may discard the first message from any
address, but never the second message. No idea whether this is correct,
but this may explain why you got the logo voting id only on the second
time, so it seems you will be able to get subscrubed on the second time...

Regards,
Mikhael.