Subject: getting logo voting started

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 10:28:56 +0200

To get the voting finally started, I suggest the following voting
process that tries to take all the concerns into account.
Unless one of the people with commit access voices a veto, I want
to begin the election within one week.

 - Anybody may vote if he or she:
   - submitted a logo
   - was subscribed to the fvwm or fvwm-workers mailing list prior
     to 10-Oct-2003 (regardless of whether he/she is still
     subscribed).
     [to prevent cheating]

 - The election is done in two stages
   [one stage would be better, but I think we would get too few
   votes per logo on average]

 - During the election, no results are published and the logo
   mailing list is closed for all but the contest maintainers.

 - In the first stage:
   - Any number of votes may be cast, but at least 10.
     [to get enough votes in total]
   - The voting period is two weeks.

 - Second stage:
   - The winning 15 logos of the first stage reach the second
     stage.
   - Any number of votes may be cast.
   - The voting period is two weeks.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:06:49 +0200

Hi there,

> to begin the election within one week.

I am quite busy at the moment. So I would like to start the
voting on 15. October.

>      to 10-Oct-2003 (regardless of whether he/she is still

This is a good idea. How will we check if someone is
subscribed? Do we have access to the subscriber list?

>    - The voting period is two weeks.

I am not sure about the 10 votes but I have no objections. 

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise I won't receive your mail.
--"-"----------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:37:10 +0200

Hi there,

> I am quite busy at the moment. So I would like to start the

I would like to finish the voting sites and start voting as
soon as possible. 

> subscribed? Do we have access to the subscriber list?

Has anyone a solution for this?

Jason, can the lists of subscribed users accessed somehow?
If I had the email addresses I could generate an id for
each address and sent them to the user.

Cheers, Uwe