Subject: Re: fvwmtabs 2.0 + packages for cvs version

From: SCoTT SMeDLeY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 12:25:36 +1000

Hi Xavier,

What's up with your email address? Bizarre! :)

> |If you package FvwmTabs up for Debian, can you send me a paragraph
> |or 2 that I can put on the FvwmTabs webpage to notify Debian users
> |what to do?

> fvwmcvs and X11::protocol packages are ready. i was making a makefile for fvwmtabs.
> now i need to put up a very small web page on my server and
> open the port so that apache can actually answer requests.
>
> i'll send you the url, and the apt-get url. ppl will need to add it
> to their sources.list, apt-get update, apt-get install...
> the usual stuff. i'll test it and send you accurate commands.

That would be great, thanks.

> i'll then work on the next release. (ie fvwmtabs 2.1 and modified X11)

That is a good idea. (to make a v2.0 release before v2.1 release)

> btw, are your changes of X11::protocol in the cpan ? did Stephen answer ?

Stephen has not answered. The FvwmTabs website now links to my own
patched distribution of X11::Protocol.

> if not, are your changes compatibles ? (ie will all  packages 
> that are using x11::protocol work with your package ?)

All changes to X11::Protocol are backwards compatible. Other applications
that use X11::Protocol will not notice/care if the patched version is
installed.

SCoTT. :)
-- 
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: xavier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:27:46 -0400

|> |If you package FvwmTabs up for Debian, can you send me a paragraph
|> |or 2 that I can put on the FvwmTabs webpage to notify Debian users
|> |what to do?
| fvwmcvs and X11::protocol packages are ready. i was making a
|>makefile for fvwmtabs.  now i need to put up a very small web page
|>on my server and open the port so that apache can actually answer
|>requests.

here is the page along with instructions : http://labs.8d.com

|> if not, are your changes compatibles ? (ie will all  packages 
|> that are using x11::protocol work with your package ?)
|
|All changes to X11::Protocol are backwards compatible. Other applications
|that use X11::Protocol will not notice/care if the patched version is
|installed.

cool. i'll probably package it as .51.1 or something like that.
would be great to hear about the author.

Thanks for such a great software,
(to both Scott and the Fvwm Team :-)

bye

-- 
xavier