Subject: URGENT RESPONSE NEEDED

From: KHIN MYINT LWIN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:29:12 +0200

FROM:KHIN M. LWIN
E-MAIL:[email-masked]
Dear Sir/Madam,
I apologize for the unexpected nature of this mail. I got your e-mail
address from the Thailand intercontinental peace group.
I am Khin Myint Lwin, 55, Chinese/Burmese, and the leader of the Myanmar
Kyone Yeom Group headquartered in Mong Yawn, Myanmar. We engage in Real
Estate, food processing and the transportation of Chinese, Thai and
Burmese migrant workers to destinations around the globe.
I am writing you from my Yangoon home where I await my appeal case
against a 37 years jail sentence I received for alleged human trafficking,
illegal
sale of gold and running a prostitution ring. I am currently under house
arrest. My appeal hearing is set for December 2003.
These are all trumped-up charges. One of my boats carrying migrant
workers to Singapore last year was hit by waves and sank killing 87
passengers they suspected me of funding the Karen National Liberation Army
(KNLA), a
rebel movement fighting for the rights of the Karen ethnic group in Myanmar.
The government has also seized most of my assets valued at nearly one
Billion dollars ($973,000,000.00) in Myanmar, Thailand and
China.
My wife and three daughters (8,12,14) are now staying with my mother
in-law in Mandalay. They now face a severe disruption in their livelihood
and
the education of my daughters is in jeopardy. This feels me with so much
pain. My wife and daughters are my main concern right now.
I have a cash account deposit I made in the Netherlands, which the
Burmese government didn't know about. When I liquidated my flower and
electronic
companies in the Netherlands in 2002, I deposited the proceeds of Eleven
million dollars ($11,000,000.00) in a securities firm in the Netherlands
while I was negotiating the take-over of a telecom company in Germany.
Right now, I need this money so I could get the best lawyer for my appeal
case coming up in December and most of all get my family out of Myanmar
to a safer country. They face constant harassment from government agents.
I need your assistance to get some of this money through to my wife and
daughters who are in Mandalay. Your responsibility will be to assume the
new ownership of the money. Transfer this money into your own account for
safety
first.
You will keep 20% for your efforts. You will then send my share in bits
as I family to leave Myanmar. I can also get the best lawyer and lobby power
and most possibly be free soonest.
ownership changed to yours. I can do this online and via email. Luckily, I
can monitor the status of my deposit via the Internet with my login info.
When all is done, the company will contact you about your new status. They
will tell you what to do. Most of their transactions can also be done
online. After that, you carry out the directives as explained above.
If you do this, I will be personally grateful to you in many ways. Not
only in the 20% of ($11M) reward you will get, but also when I am free, as I
know I will soon, I will show you what it means to do me a favor.
If you can't, or decide not to, I will understand. Thanks for your attention
anyhow.
Regards,
Khin Myint Lwin