Subject: tear off menus

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 21:12:09 -0400

Anyone have any ideas about a syntax for disabling button 2 doing
a menu tear off?

It doesn't look like we have any comands for controlling button
or key action on menus.

It looks like context M (menu) could be used:

Mouse 2 M N TearOff
Mouse 2 M N -

Key BackSpace M N TearOff
Key BackSpace M N -

But that would create a pretty substantial change in the menu code.

-- 
Dan Espen                               E-mail: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 09:15:18 +0200

> But that would create a pretty substantial change in the menu code.

Yes - as the menu code is unable to handle normal bindings.  I
once made an attempt to make the menu code able to run
concurrently to the normal event loop.  In the end I concluded
that it's better to dump fvwm and write something new.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 15:05:22 -0400

> that it's better to dump fvwm and write something new.

Is something like this too brutal for your tastes: