Subject: Voting page nearly ready

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 21:46:10 +0200

Hi together,

The voting page is nearly ready:

http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp/fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/

I am going to keep the voting stuff at my university account
since there I can allow the web server to change files.

Dominik Vogt wrote:
>
> Ideally, the order does not change if you hit the reload button.

In the current version actually it does. But I think
reloading this page makes not much sense so the order change
is not that big issue.

> Is it possible to display the logos in two colums in order
> to save space on the page? This would make voting a bit
> less cumbersome. There are only few thumbnail pics that do
> not fit in a column. It should be easy to fix that.

I skipped this as well since some logos belong together and
were therefore displayed on one line. Making a two column
page will be quite complicated having some logos grouped and
some not. This can be changed at anytime and will not affect
the voting procedure.

The site can and should be tested for a couple of days and
may be put officially if there are no complains. I don't
want to explain anything here since the pages should be
self-explained ;-) If not I did something wrong :)

BTW: All files are in the cvs at fvwm.org so everyone is
free to do changes. If there are changes I will do a cvs
update at my university account.

I am going to delete votings which are done during this test
phase - so don't worry but be sure you vote again when
voting is offical ;-)

One last thing: The voting concept is based on email
addresses. So everyone can do one voting for each email
address he has. We may need to discuss this. But actually I
see no other possibility to identify the user.

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise I won't receive our mail.
--"-"----------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Sep 2003 15:30:14 -0500

>>>>> "UP" == Uwe Pross <[email-masked]> writes:

UP> I am going to keep the voting stuff at my university account since
UP> there I can allow the web server to change files.

I could easily give you a MySQL database to play with if that would
make things easier for you.

 - J<

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 10:29:48 +0200

Hi there,

On 11 Sep 2003 at 15:30:14 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> I could easily give you a MySQL database to play with if
> that would make things easier for you.

Well, this would make things much easier and better to
maintain. 

My problem at the moment is, that I running out of time. I
am going to work in a foreign country for the next two or
three next weeks. So I cannot do much at the web page.

Since the voting files are nearly ready one needs only to
change the functions 

function mail_is_registered($mail)
function id_is_registered($id)
function id_has_voted_already($id)
function register_mail_and_id( $email, $id )
function save_voting()

in file logo-competition/logos/voting/voting_functions.inc
that they access the mysql database instead of the
files. This should not be that hard but I cannot do it in
the next weeks.

Some notes to the files in the voting directory:

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/colors.gif
	grey color image for changing colors

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/index.php
	voting pages - displays the logos

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/login.php
	page for login to the logo page - handles generation
	of id and sends it to the user

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/logo_list.inc
	php array containing the logo names

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/vote.php
	page to display voting result

fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/voting_functions.inc
	function descriptions for voting - is included by
	all php files

A good documentation about php-sql can be found at 
   http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mysql.php

If someone can do it please let me know.

Cheers, Uwe

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:29:13 +0200

> http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp/fvwm-web/logo-competition/logos/voting/

I tried it out with one of my mail addresses, but I get this
error:

  Warning: fopen("daten/register.dat", "a") - No such file or directory in
  /local/www/fvwm/logo-competition/logos/voting/voting_functions.inc on
  line 79

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:30:45 +0200

>   /local/www/fvwm/logo-competition/logos/voting/voting_functions.inc on

... but an id is still mailed to me each time I press "Register".

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^