Subject: Draft of the voting page

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 23:22:57 +0200

Hi there,

a first draft of the voting page can be seen at:

http://www.fvwm.org/logo-competition/logos/voting/

This is only a draft. The page is quite large and may take a
while to download via a telephone line. But as I said, for
fainess I don't like to split the page. 

All logos are included. I grouped some logos which belong
to a series.

For fairness the order of the logo is going to be randomly. 

Only users which have been validated will see this page.

Later the page will be accessable only using links like 

http://www.fvwm.org/logo-competition/logos/voting/?id=jkaoevapkjmnfolanfhjeh

where id is randomly generated and sent to the user's email
address. Random generation make hacking more difficult, I
think.

The id will refer to a file at the web servers site. This
file will be created when the user requests for voting
permission. The file will store the users voting in a form
which has to be defined. There will be also one global file
which stores the email-address - id combinations.

All hints and comments are welcome.

Cheers, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,   For personal reply/mail put "fvwm"
 (O,O)  in the subject.
 (   )  Otherwise I won't receive our mail.
--"-"----------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 09:46:15 +0200

> For fairness the order of the logo is going to be randomly. 

Ideally, the order does not change if you hit the reload button.

> All hints and comments are welcome.

Is it possible to display the logos in two colums in order to save
space on the page?  This would make voting a bit less cumbersome.
There are only few thumbnail pics that do not fit in a column.  It
should be easy to fix that.

> Voting rules
> 
> You can vote for one or more logos. To vote for a logo or a logo group
> check the box left beside the logo. 

The rules should be in BIG BOLD LETTERS.  Like

  You can vote for any number of logos - there is no limit to the
  number of votes.  PLEASE VOTE FOR *ALL* LOGOS YOU LIKE.  To vote
  for a logo ...

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:31:55 +0200

Hi there,

> Ideally, the order does not change if you hit the reload

This makes sence, I'll keep that in mind.

> Is it possible to display the logos in two colums in order
> to save space on the page?  This would make voting a bit
> less cumbersome.  There are only few thumbnail pics that
> do not fit in a column.  It should be easy to fix that.

To make it look good this would require tables. I avoided
tables on purpose to avoid rendering times. Maybe I can make
small tables which contain 2 up to 3 logos. 

> > ...

This has to be rewritten. I only hacked this first sentences
which  came  into  my  mind  to have something on top of the
page. 

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers, Uwe