Subject: fvwm crash

From: Jochen Klenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:47:43 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

noticed this with the recent CVS version. To reproduce, start fvwm with
the attached config file, touch the taskbar with the mouse to shade it,
iconify a window by clicking the only titlebar button. Fvwm freezes,
using 100% CPU power (top shows 1/3 going to fvwm, 2/3 to the X server).
The only way out is stopping X via ctrl-meta-backspace.
This crash occurs since a few days (can't reconstruct the exact date).

I realize that the setup is somewhat artificial and the real solution for
me is to get a sensible configuration. However, I thought I should let you
know anyway.

Best regards

Jochen

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 09:00:47 +0200

> This crash occurs since a few days (can't reconstruct the exact date).

Fixed (I hope) in current cvs. Can you try it?

This is not directly related but when animation occur when the TaskBar
is shaded and an animation occur the TaskBar is unshaded and reshaded.
This may break your config (Style FvwmTaskBar TitleAtBottom should fix
it). However, I will change this TaskBar behavior soon (by animate
on the shaded frame).

Thanks, Olivier
 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jochen Klenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:33:28 +0200 (MEST)

> Fixed (I hope) in current cvs. Can you try it?

Yeah, it works now.

> it).

Tested this, too, successfully (allthough I don't have a title on
FvwmTaskBar). The only weird thing, Fvwm emits messages like:

s   0/763  0/ 0, g   3/760  3/-3: +++ travelling traditional 0x08270838
'FvwmTaskBar'

Best regards

Jochen

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:22:10 +0200

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 01:33:28AM +0200, Jochen Klenner wrote:
> The only weird thing, Fvwm emits messages like:
> 

These are debug messages that will stay in CVS for a while.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^