Subject: CVS olicha: * Fixed _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN: set correctly _NET_WM_STATE

From: FVWM CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:48:20 -0500

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	olicha	03/08/14 03:48:20

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : update.c window_flags.h fvwm.h ewmh_intern.h 
	                 ewmh.c ewmh_events.c decorations.c 
	                 windowshade.c move_resize.c 

Log message:
* Fixed _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN: set correctly _NET_WM_STATE
* Uniconify and unshade when putting a window fullscreen
* Removed the decor for EWMH fullscreen windows, forbid shading and allows
Resize and MoveResize without unsetting the fullscreen/maximized state
* Fixed ewmh state after the ResizeMoveMaximize and ResizeMaximize cmds
* Fixed EWMHUseStackingHints update
* Fixed the ewmh MENU window type, they are tear off menus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:17:29 +0200

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 03:48:20AM -0500, FVWM CVS wrote:
> <snip>

Really I consider this as a fix. But, if there are objection I can
remove this code (maybe not at once as I will be soon far from any
internet connection for a few days). 

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:25:43 +0200

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 01:17:29PM +0200, Olivier Chapuis wrote:
> > * Removed the decor for EWMH fullscreen windows,

> > forbid shading

Why?

> > and allows

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:16:41 +0200

> > > * Removed the decor for EWMH fullscreen windows,

If you shade a window without decoration, then you have a 1 pixel
line. This is problematic, but why not. Now in the case of a
fullscreen window the 1 pixel line is on the top of the monitor and
often the offscreen top part of the monitor is black, also there is
(maybe) the panframe. So it is extremely difficult to unshade the
window.  This may happen with some non fullscreen window, but here I
get a criterion (fullscreen). However, if you think that we should
allow shading this is really not a problem for me. 

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:58:06 +0300

> allow shading this is really not a problem for me. 

Maybe if a fullscreen window is requested to be shaded, it is first
un-fullscreened?

I myself don't see a problem to disallow shading. A normal maximized
window is still allowed to be shaded; and anyone may un-fullscreen and
then shade a window if this is what he needs; or un-fullscreen, maximize
and shade. There is probably no much sense in fullscreen + shade states.
The whole fullscreen state is to help users (hopefully it is a user who
requests fullscreen, not a malicious program) to keep a window visible.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 19:28:18 +0200

> and shade. There is probably no much sense in fullscreen + shade states.

Why can't the user decide whether it makes sense or not?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:23:00 +0300

> Why can't the user decide whether it makes sense or not?

He may. And I showed several ways to do it. I can't see an advantage in
having a new fullscreen state that is an exact duplication of the
maximize state (i.e. borders, shadability etc.). If we introduce the new

> > requests fullscreen, not a malicious program) to keep a window visible.

Anyway, it is not important to me whether a user may shade a fullscreen
window. Personally I would like a window to be un-fullscreened on shade.

Regards,
Mikhael.