Subject: Detection of Xft using pkg-config is broken

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 02:32:01 +0300

I have both xft-config and pkg-config that report about Xft.

xft-config detection is fine, but when I remove this executable, then Xft
is not detected. XFT_LIBS is set, but not Xft_LIBS. FC_LIBS is empty too.
with_xft=no, so the Xft1 detection code is entered (I have 2.1.0).

I have found the problem, it is missing fi in line 1413 of acinclude.m4.
But when I add this missing fi, configure is broken (unexpected `fi').

After finding this bug, I spent 2 hours to debug where we have one more
"fi", so it closes "if" earlier then needed, but without success for now.
It is pretty messy. I don't have a lot of time to continue my debugging
in the next several days, so maybe someone else will be more lucky.
If no, I will fix this problem several days from now.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:57:08 -0400

> If no, I will fix this problem several days from now.

Whats going on with the 2 fi s in a row around line 1310?

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 09:06:20 +0300

> Whats going on with the 2 fi s in a row around line 1310?

Yes, this is it. I only debugged AM_CHECK_XFT, not AM_CHECK_FC, and then
moved to debugging configure.in.

Fixed, together with several other small things.

Regards,
Mikhael.