Subject: some requests about coding style

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 22:52:55 +0200

I have some small requests regarding formatting and coding style.

 * Please use TABs (width 8) to indent your code.  Many lines in
   Flocal.c, FBidi.c, FBidiJoin.c and FCombineChars.c were
   indented by what looks like a random amount of spaces to me (2,
   7, 4, ...).

 * Please always compile with -Wall -Werror in you CFLAGS.  This
   save mew the trouble of fixing warnings before I can continue
   to work.

 * Do not write something like this:

     {
       int x;
       y = 2;
       int z;
     }

   This is not C and usually does not compile.

 * The file names beginning with a capital 'F' in the libs/
   directory are reserved for encapsulating third party libraries
   and X features with a similar name.  E.g.

     fribidi -> FBidi
     XShape -> FShape
     PNG -> Fpng
     XEvent -> FEvent

   etc.  I suspect that FBidiJoin.[ch] and FCombineChars.[ch] are
   ignoring that convention.  If this is the case, please strip
   the 'F' from their names.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]