Subject: Session and display

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 10:50:35 +0200

Hello,

Current bug: Start a session manager on display 1 "with fvwm" and save
your session. The restart commands will look like:

	fvwm -d :0.0 -s -clientId clien_id0 -restore restore_file0

(with two screens an other fvwm is restarted:

        fvwm -d :0.1 -s -clientId clien_id1 -restore restore_file1)

Then later you start X on display 1 with the session manager, fvwm
will not start at all (if there is no X running on display 0 or if a
window manager run on display 0.*) or fvwm starts on the screen(s) 0.*
(if there is an X connection on display 0 and no window manager
running on screen 0.*).  So, we get a session with no window manager
on display 1.

Solution: Add an argument to -s which gives the screen on which fvwm
should run (the display will be found either with $DISPLAY or the arg
of the -d option or with a dummy XOpenDisplay). The Restart command
will look like:

      fvwm -s screen_number -clientId clien_id -restore restore_file

and will restart fvwm on the display "good_display.screen_number".

Do I miss something? Any comments?

Regards, Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]