Subject: Re: Remove swallowed app / icon limitation from FvwmButtons

From: Marc Jackisch <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Jul 2003 16:34:08 +0200

Hi Dominik,

first of all, sorry that this does not come as a direct reply to your
message, but I have demonstrated some personal incompetence by
accedentily deleting it... :-(

However, regarding the ability to overlay a swallowed application and
an icon in FvwmButtons, you said "it was never meant to work and
indeed it did not work" as icon placement and resizing (?) won't be
correct.

The problem is, while I have never experienced any problem using this
combination in the last 2 years of using it, an I really have come to
find it one of the nicest things about FvwmButtons (design-wise, that
is... from the functionality, there's much more... :)

OK, as I would not say, that just because I have never encountered a
problem in my little part of the world, there aren't any, I'll just
have to accept that it does not work... *sigh*

Thus, the whole thing mutates to a RFE: is there a (working) way to
have a button with an icon (as background) _and_ a swallowed
application at the same time? Or even a dirty hack like changing the
error message to a warning "don't use unless you are mtj or want to
lose all data (including email) stored on this computer..." :-)

Or I'll either have to learn something about X programming and prove
it myself, or write replacements for the swallowed apps that include
background icons. (Consider this a threat, I know *nothing* about X
;-))

Bye, Marc.

PS: To all of fvwm-workers: thanks a lot! - In my book, the "f"
stands for "final", as I'll never need another WM.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]