Subject: Problems with motion method detection

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:39:30 +0200

There is a general problem with the new motion method detection
code with windows that can be moved by grabbing a handle inside
the client window.  Gkrellm and xmms are examples.  Both are
shaped and use the 'traditional' movement method.  Under fvwm,
shaped windows get a title by default, but not under many other
window managers.

Dragging these windows close to a screen edge (with the internal
handles) may trigger detecting the "ICCCM" or "traditional" method
at random, depending where you drag it.  If it detects "ICCCM",
the window is suddenly shifted by the title height, now and for
all future move operations.

Although this behaviour violates the ICCCM way, the window
managers claiming ICCCM compliance have no problem with it since
these windows usually have no decorations and thus "ICCCM" and
"traditional" way give the same results.

Any suggestions how to prevent this mis-detection?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]