Subject: The section on menus in the man page

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:23:04 +0200 (CEST)

It says:

Popup command opens popup menus.  Releasing a mouse
              button over a popup menu activates the  item  below
              the pointer and executes the associated action.

              Menu  is  a  very similar command, but the menus it
              opens are  slightly  less  transient.   A  separate
              click is required to activate a menu item - releas
              ing a mouse button does not activate it.

but, releasing the mouse over an item activates it also using using the
command "Menu". Or did I misunderstand the sentance?
A popup will get unposted on release, a "Menu" gets unposted by selecting
a non-menu item or clicking outside. Isn't that correct?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:11:55 +0200

> a non-menu item or clicking outside. Isn't that correct?

You are right.  "Menu" behaves exatly like "Popup" if you drag the
pointer with a button held.  The only difference is that the menu
is held open if it's invoked with a click whereas a Popup would
close immediately.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]