Subject: DesktopSize/DesktopName, vus, DeskSize/DeskName

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:43:14 +0300

Dominik already rised this problem.

Some commands have Desk and some DeskTop in their names.

I think I will just add the following aliases to 2.4.x and 2.5.x:

  DeskSize   - the same as DesktopSize
  DeskName   - the same as DesktopName

In the future we may remove the second, i.e. "Desktop", form.
Does someone think the "Desktop" names are preferable?

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:00:02 +0200

> Does someone think the "Desktop" names are preferable?

No.

Shouldn't this all wait for 3.0?  These issues are going to be
cleaned up anyway, so why add to the confusion now?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:30:21 +0300

> cleaned up anyway, so why add to the confusion now?

This is a smooth conversion service to the users, they will have enough
time to do the change. Only one (the final) version is documented.

Regards,
Mikhael.