Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmPager exits when changing the desktop.

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:05:38 +0200

Hi there,

On 02 Jun 2003 at 13:52:56 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 01:01:40PM +0200, Uwe Pross wrote:
> > > I  have  append  a  partial  fvmw-config  which  produces  a
> > > breakable  pager  on  my system. After changing the desk the
> > > pager gets killed. 
> > > The problem disappears if the three commented lines are used
> > > and the previous two are commented out. 
> 
> (please send bug reports to the fvwm-workers list)
> 
> I don't get a crash with your config, but the window colours are
> screwed on desk 0 after switching.  Do you get a core dump?  If
> so, please post a stack trace:

No core dump. 

The pager just closes or gets closed. On my Linux system  at
home  I  noticed that weired color change after changing the
desk. On my computer at work the pager breaks. 

Both may be caused by the same problem.

BTW: I changed the config a bit without success.

Regards, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,  Uwe Pross
 (O,O) mailto:[email-masked]
 (   ) http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
=-"-"-================================

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:14:40 +0200

> desk. On my computer at work the pager breaks. 

Could you attach a debugger to the running pager and single step
through it to see where it exits?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:25:58 +0200

Hi there,

> through it to see where it exits?

I had a try using fvwm without a config - only with the
config I posted. The problem disappeared. 

So it might be my configuration too.

I attached an archive with my whole config, maybe you can
have a try.

Regards, Uwe

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:10:30 +0200

> I attached an archive with my whole config, maybe you can

I can't reproduce the problem with your config.  Can you try to
make a minimal setup to demonstrate the problem?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]