Subject: CVS olicha: * Fixed animation when the TaskBar is shaded

From: FVWM CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:29:34 -0500

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	olicha	03/06/27 08:29:34

Modified files:
	modules        : ChangeLog 
	modules/FvwmTaskBar: FvwmTaskBar.c 

Log message:
* Fixed animation when the TaskBar is shaded

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:58:42 +0200

> * Fixed animation when the TaskBar is shaded

Here what was the problem:
 
NoIcon and animation enabled in the TaskBar. If the TaskBar is shaded
when you (de)Iconify a window the animation proceed as if the TaskBar
was not shaded. Various solutions:

1. Unshade, animate and shade (the solution I've just committed).
2. Animate but take in account the shaded geometry of the TaskBar.
3. Do not animate at all (I do not like this solution).

I've used 1 as it is the "simplest" solution and it is fun (if the
user want animation he get a triple animation). 2 seems to be a
reasonable alternative.  Note that IconMan, IconBox and WinList have
this problem and that the case of a swallowed Icon{Man,Box} into a
FvwmButtons should be handle too.

Any advice before I continue to fix this problem?

Regards, Olivier