Subject: FVWM, Acrobat Reader and ManualPlacement

From: Ron Yorston <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:50:50 +0100 (BST)

I'm seeing some strange behaviour with Acrobat Reader 5 on Red Hat Linux
7.3 with FVWM 2.4.16 and 2.5.7.  I'm using ManualPlacement.

With 2.4.16, when I start Acrobat Reader I get a splash screen and then
an outline window.  When I click to position this window no window appears
and instead I get a second outline.  When I click a second time the
window finally appears.

With 2.5.7 I get the splash screen and an outline.  Clicking makes the
outline go away but no window appears.  The Acrobat Reader process is
running but with no window.

The 2.4 behaviour is tolerable, but 2.5 is a bit of a problem.

Ron
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:13:41 +0200

> The 2.4 behaviour is tolerable, but 2.5 is a bit of a problem.

I tried various acroread versions on both 2.4.16 and 2.5.7 and
could not reproduce the phenomena you describe.  Can you post a
minimal .fvwm2rc file that shows the problem, please?  What
exactly is the acroread version you are using?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]