Subject: FvwmIdent sometimes blank

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 14:36:59 -0400

Anyone else seen this?

I have FvwmIdent configured like this:

*FvwmIdent: Back Black
*FvwmIdent: Fore white
*FvwmIdent: Font 9x15bold

I invoke it with a keypress:

Key F3          A       M       Module FvwmIdent

Sometimes the FvwmIdent window comes up all black.
I don't see anything on stderr.

Seems to be happening about 1 out of 5 times.

-- 
Dan Espen                               E-mail: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:09:34 +0200

> Seems to be happening about 1 out of 5 times.

I see se same about 50% of the time.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:21:51 +0200

> I see se same about 50% of the time.

Fixed.  The COnfigureNotify handler threw away the initial Expose
event.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:31:21 +0200

> Seems to be happening about 1 out of 5 times.

I can reproduce this. The problem is that no expose event are
received by FvwmIdent and so the text is never drawn ...
I.e., the "mapping expose event" is not cached by FvwmIdent.
I've no fix right now. Dominik?

Regards, Olivier