Subject: FlocaleDrawUnderline and BIDI

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:22:16 +0200 (CEST)

I'm almost done now with the implementation of superimposing combining
characters.
I wonder why the function "FlocaleDrawUnderline" doesn't call
FlocaleEncodeWinString (to perform BIDI and so on).
Or did I misunderstand the code?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:09:40 +0200

> FlocaleEncodeWinString (to perform BIDI and so on).

Probably a bug ... I never test underline with "non standard"
strings.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 07:17:49 +0200 (CEST)

> Probably a bug ... I never test underline with "non standard"

OK, I'll take a look at it.
I guess we need to translate the positions from the original string to the
corresponding positions in the new string.
There is the ability to do so in FriBidi (I used it keep track of the
positions of the combining characters.
So I guess I'll add a the ability for FlocaleEncodeString to give back
such an array mapping the positions, and then use that to to draw the
underline.

Should I put this in todo-2.6 as a "normal bug" (section B)?

//Marcus