Subject: Wrong font in FvwmTaskBar

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:24:13 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

I've noticed that in the development branch, the "Start" button from
FvwmTaskBar uses the same font as the unselected buttons. I thought that
it would be nicer if it used the selected buttons' font, and after
looking around in the code, I've seen that this is the author's
intention too. So, I've made a small patch that fixes things.

I also have another question: I would like to implement another "goodie"
for FvwmTaskBar, namely a CPU usage meter. Is anyone interested in such
a thing? Should I post the patches once they are ready?

Bye,
-=[david]=-

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:46:03 +0200

> intention too. So, I've made a small patch that fixes things.

I have applied the patch.

> a thing? Should I post the patches once they are ready?

Apart from the fact that fvwm-2.5.x is in feature freeze at the
moment, we are always interested in patches.  In this specific
case, I somewhat doubt that it is possible to write a *portable*
CPU meter.  Keep in mind that fvwm code has to compile and run on
any UNIX system and Cygwin.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:29:42 +0200

> a thing? Should I post the patches once they are ready?

IMHO it would be great if you could implement the 
swallowing-functionality from FvwmButton in FvwmTaskBar. With this you 
could include any tool like aload, mixers, FvwmPager(!), etc. in the 
taskbar. (I tried to use FvwmButton as a taskbar, but this is very 
complicated.)

Gert

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:28:08 +0200

> taskbar. (I tried to use FvwmButton as a taskbar, but this is very 

FvwmButtons with a swallowed FvwmIconMan already does a very good
job of emulating a task bar.  It would be much easier to just
provide a taskbar-like config for FvwmButtons.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Gert Brinkmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 12:45:08 +0200

> provide a taskbar-like config for FvwmButtons.

Ok.

Does anybody have a good and general solution for this that could be 
provided e.g on fvwm.org as a partial configuration example?

Gert