Subject: Notification: incoming/1030

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 03:42:05 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/1030

Message summary for PR#1030
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: FvwmPager looses tracks of window goemetry
	Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 03:42:04 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue May 13 03:42:04 2003
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 03:42:04 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FvwmPager looses tracks of window goemetry

Full_Name: Roberto Ugoccioni
Version: 2.4.15
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux RedHat 7.3 and SuSE 8.1
X_Server: XFree 4.2.0
Submission from: (NULL) (193.205.65.5)

I have FvwmPager swallowed by FvwmButtons. It happens occasionally,
unfortunately in conditions I cannot reproduce consistently,
that the pager suddenly shows the FvwmButtons window not as it is
(stretched across the top of the screen), but shrunk to a 
small rectangle in the top left corner of the screen. FvwmIdent
shows the correct geometry of the FvwmButtons window.
If I run another instance of FvwmPager, all is correct.
This behaviour only started to appear once I moved to 2.4.15;
I was using 2.4.5 before and never happened.

The same thing happens when FvwmPager is swallowed not by FvwmButtons,
but by another toolbar application I have written using tcl/tk with
TkXext extensions. In this case though the bug appears as soon as I
do something involving the window manager, all the time.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 11:16:03 +0200

> do something involving the window manager, all the time.

Can you please do two things:

First, there was a patch in 2.4.15 that is supposed to prevent
exactly what you describe.  Could you try out 2.4.14 and see if
the problem shows up there too?

Second, since you say you can reproduce the problem at will with
your tk application, could you please send me all relevant files
so I can try to reproduce the problem here?  I need the fvwm
config file(s) and your toolbar app.  Some instructions how to
reproduce that behaviour would be nice too.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]