Subject: Xinerama/colour management, ideas please

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 21:31:59 +0200

I have a problem with my Xinerama setup , but I do not know how to
resolve it.  I have two screens:  the primary screen uses 24
bitplanes, and, due to lack of memory on the video card, the
second screen has only 16 bitplanes.

I have an FvwmIconMan swallowed in an FvwmButtons on the primary
screen.  The relevant portion of the config is this:

  Colorset 2 fg red, bg green
  *FvwmIconMan*FocusColorset 2

The problem is that the bg colour is completely ignored in the
icon manager.  Even if I change the colour later from an
FvwmConsole, buttons lit in the icon manager always use a gray
background.

I think the problem comes from the fact that my screens have
different depths.  By the way, the same colour set works fine in
all other modules and window decorations.  Any input on this
problem is welcome.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:36:14 +0200

> second screen has only 16 bitplanes.

How this is possible? One fvwm run on two screens with different
depth! Outch ... I do not understand. What about running
your two screen with depth 16 (via your X config file) ;o) 

> all other modules and window decorations.  Any input on this

Anyway, I will take a look.

Regards, Olivier

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:49:19 +0200

> your two screen with depth 16 (via your X config file) ;o) 

Works perfectly well.  By the way, when I move the button bar to
the second screen (the one with depth 16), look like they should.

> Anyway, I will take a look.

Thanks.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^