Subject: Menu screenshots for web site.

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 13:32:52 +1000

Here's a few screenshots of my menu which I thought someone might
like to add to the Fvwm/MenuScreenshots web page:

http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/fvwmmenus.html

There's only 2 menu screenshots on the Fvwm page, it could do with
a few more - anyone?

SCoTT. :)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 00:36:56 -0400

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote Scott Smedley thusly...
> http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/fvwmmenus.html

I like the highlight & shadow colors (for a selected item) of the
green menus.

  ( What's up w/ vowels in one case & consonants in another BTW?  At
    least be consistent unless you are highlighting your module...
  :)

I think people would appreciate your menus much more if you also
provide the configuration file too.

  - parv

--

---

From: Scott Smedley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 15:44:45 +1000

>   ( What's up w/ vowels in one case & consonants in another BTW?

Just a little idiosyncracy of mine.

>     least be consistent unless you are highlighting your module...

Ah yes, quite right - that one must have slipped through somehow.
Fixed now anyhow. (Screenshot updated too.)

> provide the configuration file too.

Well there's no configuration files associated with the menu screenshots
on the Fvwm web site.

I've added the few config commands necessary to setup the color scheme of
the menus, but I don't think anyone would want the actual menu items,
would they?

SCoTTie! :)

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 12:27:07 +0200

Hi there,

On 04 May 2003 at 13:32:52 +1000, Scott Smedley wrote:

> Here's a few screenshots of my menu which I thought
> someone might like to add to the Fvwm/MenuScreenshots web
> page:
> 
> There's only 2 menu screenshots on the Fvwm page, it could
> do with a few more - anyone?

Nice shots.

The screenshots pages are going to be reworked shortly.  The
new  pages  should offer a small menu shot with 4 items only
for the overview page (maybe there will be default entries),
a  more  detailed  shot  with sub menu, a config files which
produces  the  shot  _independent_  from  the  current  fvwm
configuration,  means  colorsets,  fonts,  etc.  have  to be
specified and a set of icons used in this menu. 

I am not that sure about how this will be done in detail but
we will set up a concept shortly. 

For the new page I would like to add  one  or  two  of  your
shots.  So  could  you  please  provide  a config and a icon
package  unless  the  icons  you  use  are  already  in  the
fvwm-icon package available at the download page. 

Regards, Uwe
-- 
  ,_,  Uwe Pross
 (O,O) mailto:[email-masked]
 (   ) http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
=-"-"-================================
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]