Subject: Website - pager resizing

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 12:05:31 -0400

I'm starting a new thread on this. There were too many different
subjects under the old one, and it was getting unmanageable (at least
for my feeble brain and eyes). I think that any discussion on the new
class structure should now also migrate to a new thread, and likewise
discussion of page loading speed.

	Dominik - I'm curious whether Uwe's latest changes made any difference
in the pager resizing quirk for you.

	Uwe - If your latest change didn't fix it, the only other thing I can
think of is the old hack of inserting a row with a 1x1 transparent
image in the right-hand cell, having "width="80" (or whatever) specified
in the img tag.

	Mikhael - I have no problem getting used to the way the current
browsers render the pages...but then, I haven't yet seen the extreme
resizing happen. 

Cheers,
Bob

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 19:34:42 +0200

> in the pager resizing quirk for you.

Yes, it looks better now.  I get the pager immediately, but it
grows a bit later because of my extra font size.  Exactly what you
said would happen.  I think it's good enough now.  We can't
circumvent all possible browser bugs with the design.

> browsers render the pages...but then, I haven't yet seen the extreme

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 14:28:24 -0400

> circumvent all possible browser bugs with the design.

	Agreed. I just wanted to eliminate the extreme resizing where the
browser initially allocated *all* the space to the "window". 

Cheers,
Bob