Subject: CVS migo fvwm-web: * accept new logos from today :)

From: FVWM CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:40:14 -0500

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm-web
Changes by:	migo	03/04/23 11:40:14

Modified files:
	logo-competition: rules.php 

Log message:
* accept new logos from today :)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:24:19 +0200

> * accept new logos from today :)

Sigh, really, I don't think it's a good idea to start the
competition without announcing it.

I guess it's too late now, so I understand you just volunteered to
write the announcement, figure out the places to send it to, and
announce it, all within the next 24 hours :-)=)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:19:33 +0000

> announce it, all within the next 24 hours :-)=)

I don't see any problem to accept logos from our users who visited the
home page before the announcement. It is not that the rules will be
changed till the official message.

But what do you want to see in the announcement?
Can you prepare logo-announcement in cvs?

I would think a link to our home page is enough.
As for the places, fvwm-announce and as Nadim suggested
  http://gallery.deviantart.com/contest/
(not sure yet how to submit the context).

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:29:57 +0200

> Can you prepare logo-announcement in cvs?

I have no time for the rest of the week.  We can't just post an
URL to the gimp users mailing list and such.  It needs an
accompanying explanation.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:56:56 +0000

> > (not sure yet how to submit the context).

Ok, I will post the announcement to these 2 places now, and will try to
find whether the GIMP users/artists mailing list exists later today.

Anyone is welcome to forward the announcement to other places.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:59:15 +0200

> Anyone is welcome to forward the announcement to other places.

What about posting this announcement to:

http://linuxtoday.com/
http://lwn.net/
http://slashdot.org/

and others such news sites? I will sent it to http://linuxfr.org/
(new site + logo competition), but can you cc to fvwm-workers your
announcement?

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:42:39 +0000

> > > > (not sure yet how to submit the context).

I am still trying to log in, seems like their engine does not work,

> What about posting this announcement to:

I think more geeks than artists read these sites. :)
But it may be a good idea if someone thinks it is on topic.

> (new site + logo competition), but can you cc to fvwm-workers your

In cvs.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:23:24 +0000

Here is the current status of the announcements I posted.

  DeviantArt     - I don't see it at the Context page, either didn't pass a
                   moderation or still in the queue
  fvwm-announce@ - I didn't get this message and I don't see it in
                   archives. Needs approving? Or is it only me? 
  gimp-user@     - probably still awaits for approving. I will repost if
                   it's not posted in several days
  gimpi@         - posted after a moderation

If anyone wants to post the announcement to other place, he may use the
updated template logo-announcement in cvs.

We got one submission although not in immediatelly usable form, I will
add it to the web when I have a time.

If you want to receive submissions, you may get subscribed/unsubscribed
to fvwm-logo mailing list at:

  http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fvwm-logo

Regards,
Mikhael.