Subject: birthday planning schedule

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:38:08 +0200

Damn, I can't ignore the list right now because some important
dates are close at hand.

First, the release message of rxvt-1.1c with the fvwm-0.5 pre
release was posted on 1st of June, 1993.  Any references to 1st of
July are wrong.

Second, someone has to take care of the following since I am
determined to not lift a finger:

1) April, 10th
      * Write a short announcement message for the 1st of June and
        discuss it on fvwm-workers.
      * Write the logo competition announcement message and discuss it
        on fvwm-workers.

   Who will do this?

2) Also, someone has to make a list where to send the announcements.

   Volunteers?

3) And don't forget that the old web page needs some updates too.  At
   least it has to have a page with the logo contest rules.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:20:40 +0000

>    least it has to have a page with the logo contest rules.

I think we will just switch to the new web site till May 1.
So probably announcements should wait a bit until a new design is ready,
It is ok if some pages would be still html for some time.

Another optional item in your plan:

4) Gather photos of the developers.

I already have photos of 9 developers. :)
(But not Olivier, Dan, Dominik, although I know how the last 2 look.)

Please every developer who ever contributed a patch (even it was not
really applied) or anyone who posted more than 20 messages on this list
(Neil Zanella, anyone?), send a close-up photo or two to me.

I don't really know yet what we will do with them.
Probably show on Juny 1.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:59:48 +0000

> 2) Also, someone has to make a list where to send the announcements.

Dan or someone else, can you please do this?

You may place birthday-announcement file into cvs if you decide so,
similarly to the current birthday-planing and logo-competition.

I think we should use the acronym spelling (FVWM) in the official
announcements.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:21:34 +0200

> I think we should use the acronym spelling (FVWM) in the official

Sigh, I can't leave this uncommented.  I am totally against
re-introducing the FVWM vs. fvwm vs. Fvwm vs. [fF][vV][wW][mM]
confusion again.  It cost me many hours of work to reach a
consistent state on the web pages and in all documentation I am
aware of and I would not give it away without very good reasons.
I don't think that "it looks better in capitals" qualifies as said
kind of reason.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:44:13 -0400

> Dan or someone else, can you please do this?

Sorry, right now I can't.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:55:32 +0000

On 10 Apr 2003 10:21:34 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> confusion again.

There are only 3 variants of spelling, not 16.
And most of the official places use and always used "FVWM" spelling
(web, mailing lists, cvs commits, bug tracking).

> It cost me many hours of work to reach a

I didn't oppose your usage of "fvwm in the middle of sentences and Fvwm
in the beggining of sentences" and I continue to use this convention in
the main man page and some other technical places. Although this suggests
"fvwm" is not a term, but a regular English word that is not the case.
I think it would be more informative to use the convention suggested by
Olivier that only uses "fvwm" and "FVWM" to distinguish between 2 things.

Anyway, I speak here about non-technical announcements that are written
in English and any human language requires acronyms to be written as
capitals (i.e. GNU, not Gnu or gnu).

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:17:56 +0200

> capitals (i.e. GNU, not Gnu or gnu).

Whatever.  I disagree completely, but as always, I can not stop
you from doing what you are going to do.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 10:24:03 +0200

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:20:40PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> or anyone who posted more than 20 messages on this list

Uhm, I would count myself to this group. Do you really believe that
someone wants to see the list posters?

André

-- 
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
                -- Mark Twain

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 09:21:39 +0000

> someone wants to see the list posters?

I think without active users and supporters no project is possible.
So if you count yourself as an active supported and want to be on the
list - welcome.

Please everyone who contributed to the project, send me a picture,
so we know whom to thank. :)

Regards,
Mikhael.