Subject: valgrind output

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:24:38 +0200

Does anyone understand what these problems come from (current
cvs, compiled with -g -O2):

  ==10227== Syscall param writev(vector[...]) contains uninitialised or
  unaddressable byte(s)
  ==10227==    at 0x40186927: vgAllRoadsLeadToRome_writev
  (vg_intercept.c:110)
  ==10227==    Address 0x4141A049 is 129 bytes inside a block of size 2048
  alloc'd
  ==10227==    at 0x40026B6E: calloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:273)
  ==10227==    by 0x808012C: main (fvwm.c:1998)
  ==10227==    by 0x4042F14E: __libc_start_main (in /lib/libc-2.2.5.so)
  ==10227==    by 0x804E190: (within /home/luthien/bin/fvwm2)

(XOpenDisplay() call in main.c allocated the memory).

--

  ==10227== Syscall param write(buf) contains uninitialised or
  unaddressable byte(s)
  ==10227==    at 0x404D9404: __libc_write (in /lib/libc-2.2.5.so)
  ==10227==    by 0x80617ED: My_XNextEvent (events.c:3494)
  ==10227==    by 0x8061505: HandleEvents (events.c:3297)
  ==10227==    by 0x8080EBB: main (fvwm.c:2433)
  ==10227==    by 0x4042F14E: __libc_start_main (in /lib/libc-2.2.5.so)
  ==10227==    by 0x804E190: (within /home/luthien/bin/fvwm2)
  ==10227==    Address 0x414E9066 is 158 bytes inside a block of size 176
  alloc'd
  ==10227==    at 0x40026672: malloc (vg_replace_malloc.c:153)
  ==10227==    by 0x80823AA: BroadcastNewPacket (module_interface.c:1031)
  ==10227==    by 0x80826BB: BroadcastConfig (module_interface.c:1235)
  ==10227==    by 0x806ABE4: AddWindow (add_window.c:2364)
  ==10227==    by 0x8060458: HandleMapRequestKeepRaised (events.c:2339)
  ==10227==    by 0x806038B: HandleMapRequest (events.c:2280)
  ==10227==    by 0x8061496: dispatch_event (events.c:3261)
  ==10227==    by 0x8061515: HandleEvents (events.c:3299)
  ==10227==    by 0x8080EBB: main (fvwm.c:2433) 
  ==10227==    by 0x4042F14E: __libc_start_main (in /lib/libc-2.2.5.so)
  ==10227==    by 0x804E190: (within /home/luthien/bin/fvwm2)

This is an access to

  fw->flags.common.s.focus_policy.do_sort_windowlist_by

(last flag in the focus_policy_t structure).

--

  ==10227== Conditional jump or move depends on uninitialised value(s)
  ==10227==    at 0x80964ED: __update_windowlist (focus.c:179)
  ==10227==    by 0x8096639: __set_focus_to_fwin (focus.c:277)
  ==10227==    by 0x809681F: set_focus_to_fwin (focus.c:379)
  ==10227==    by 0x8097325: _SetFocusWindow (focus.c:924)
  ==10227==    by 0x805F980: HandleEnterNotify (events.c:1751)
  ==10227==    by 0x8061496: dispatch_event (events.c:3261)
  ==10227==    by 0x8061515: HandleEvents (events.c:3299)
  ==10227==    by 0x8080EBB: main (fvwm.c:2433) 
  ==10227==    by 0x4042F14E: __libc_start_main (in /lib/libc-2.2.5.so)
  ==10227==    by 0x804E190: (within /home/luthien/bin/fvwm2)

Probably same as above.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]