Subject: Re: your say

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 10:32:14 +0100

Mikhael Goikhman wrote:

>Tim, everyone is patiently waiting for your say.
>
>Regards,
>Mikhael.
>
>
>  
>
Shite! I was keeping quiet. I wish I hadn't said anything. I don't 
consider myself an FVWM developer at the moment, I haven't done anything 
for years but if you want my opinion here it is: I didn't sign up to the 
message about the World Trade Center attack and I won't sign up to the 
anti-war message this time. I can't forsee me putting my name to 
anything ever actually, I'm not even in the AUTHORS file. I think the 
only trace of me is a copyright on one of the wacky gradients I gave to 
my (now dead) budgie. That's the way I am.

That said I have no problem with the message being included in the next 
release and I promise to try to keep out of any future non-fvwm 
discussions on the fvwm mailing lists.

I hope everyone who wants to sign up does so without regret, if you feel 
it's the right thing to do don't worry about what others may say. You 
have to be true to yourself.

Cheers,
Tim.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 21:15:15 +0000

Tim, thank you for your say.

Just a note, it is not an anti-war message, it is a human sympathy
message, otherwise I would not sign it, because of my ethical reasons.

On an other topic, I think everyone should be mentioned in AUTHORS,
including Joey Shutup from FvwmTheme module. I didn't see anyone updating
his entry for years, we should update them before 2.6.

Regards,
Mikhael.