Subject: Strange Move ..

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:21:57 +0100

Hi!

I updated to the latest CVS version today, and it seems that something
has changed concerning the move command.

My config shows this simple line:

Mouse   1       T       A       Move

Formerly, this allowed me to "drag&drop" windows with my left mouse
button. Now I have to click on the title, move the window, and then
click again.

Is that behaviour wanted?

Cheers

André
-- 
Don't shout for help at night.  You might wake your neighbors.
                -- Stanislaw J. Lem, "Unkempt Thoughts"

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:34:54 +0100

> Is that behaviour wanted?

Yes, it is wanted.  The right way is to use a complex function:

  AddToFunc immediate_move
  + I Move
  Mouse 1 T A immediate_move

I'm too lazy now to explain in detail why I changed this, but
there are several mails that discuss the same problem.  Right now,
the choice to be made is between breaking these old configs to fix
a bug with root mouse bindings and leaving the bug in the code but
keep configs working.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Andre Bonhote <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:40:24 +0100

> a bug with root mouse bindings and leaving the bug in the code but

Yeah, sorry, I should have read the archive ... 

Thanks for your quick answer. It works fine now.

Cheers

André

-- 
Hope is a waking dream.
                -- Aristotle