Subject: release management

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:07:37 +0100

Okay folks, I can help with the next release by fixing lots of
bugs.  After that, I intend to think more about the design of a
new WM as I said before.  But - someone needs to collect all the
things to do in a list, including the many open bug reports.  My
enthusiasm about doing it myself is very limited this time.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:51:57 +0100

> enthusiasm about doing it myself is very limited this time.

Ok, I will add a todo-2.6 document to the cvs soon

Regards, Olivier

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:16:35 -0500

> enthusiasm about doing it myself is very limited this time.

I can understand your lack of enthusiasm, you drove this
effort for 2.2 and 2.4.

I was just looking thru the bugs in incoming(30) and confirmed(9),
and just doing the basic reproduction looks like a lot
of work.  I'll try to work thru some of them, but my guess is
that it will take me months.  My limit is about 2 hours a week,
usually on weekends.

I think we (every one else) is going to have to accept that
2.6 is going to happen very slowly.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:25:39 -0500

> 2.6 is going to happen very slowly.

Well, for what it's worth, there's at least one dude out here who
really appreciates everything you and Dominik and everyone else who's
ever helped out with fvwm do.  (Hmmm, that sentence is really bad, but
you understand. ;-)  Fortunately I think fvwm2 has a user segment that
understands things like the pressure of Real Life on developers.

I'll personally take it whenever you guys can squeeze it out, and be
glad to see it.  2.5 is pretty nice in the meantime.

Ethan

-- 
Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 08:34:13 +0100

> that it will take me months.  My limit is about 2 hours a week,

Even worse, there are tons of open bug reports in my inbox from
the last two years :-/

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:55:55 +0100

> Even worse, there are tons of open bug reports in my inbox from

If you have time you can add entries in the todo-2.6. E.g., add an
entries with the date, the subject and the sender for each/some of
these bug reports.

Olivier