Subject: Notification: incoming/987

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:54:50 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/987

Message summary for PR#987
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: PRIVATE: Edge scrolling breaks on non-rectangular Xinerama display
	Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:54:48 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Feb 11 07:54:50 2003
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PRIVATE: Edge scrolling breaks on non-rectangular Xinerama display
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:54:48 -0600

Full_Name: Daniel Johnson
Version: 2.4.7
CVS_Date: 
OS: Slackware Linux 8.1
X_Server: 4.2.0
Submission from: (NULL) (192.114.47.54)

This is more of a feature request than a bug report.

I use Xinerama with two screens running at different resolutions. I use
EdgeScroll 100 100. On the smaller screen there is a "dead area" at the
bottom. When I move to the bottom of the screen on the smaller screen it
does not scroll down as I might expect. On the large screen it works
normally. I am guessing that the lower pan frame is in the dead area,
choosing its location based on the size of the larger monitor, rather than
the smaller one as it should.

I think the solution is to detect a non rectangular Xinerama setup and make
sure that the pan frames are in the correct place on each monitor. This of
course applies to all four sides of the screen.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to clarify anything in this bug
report.

Thanks for all your hard work

Daniel

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]