Subject: gimp occasionally dies on restart

From: David Fries <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:06:12 -0600

SpacedOut:/tmp/images$ gimp
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  serial 77578 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0

LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF
SpacedOut:/tmp/images$ gimp
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  serial 74898 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0

LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF
SpacedOut:/tmp/images$ gimp
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  serial 79370 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0

LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF
SpacedOut:/tmp/images$ gimp
Gdk-ERROR **: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  serial 57496 error_code 3 request_code 15 minor_code 0

LibGimp-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read: unexpected EOF

I've been able to reproduce this, but I really have no idea what is
causing it.  Gimp is exiting with the above message one out of five or
ten fvwm restarts.  It will exit on 2.4.10, and cvs latest.  I'm
running gimp 1.2.

If I have just 'The Gimp' window up it doesn't ever seen to die.  It
also wasn't dying with just the dialogs open.  It seemed to be dying
when I had a gimp window on the top left page of my desktop and told
fvwm to restart when I was in another page.  It would die just as the
decorations were disapearing from the currently running fvwm.  It
doesn't reproduce very often so I can't really say what you have to do
to get it to die.

-- 
David Fries <[email-masked]>
http://fries.net/~david/pgpkey.txt
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "S. Anderson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 20:54:19 -0700

> doesn't reproduce very often so I can't really say what you have to do

I posted about this a while ago, with a way to reproduce it, here 
is dominik's response.
http://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg02381.html

I have been meaning to try to track down the cause of this, but I 
have been really busy latlely,

cya,
sa