Subject: Autoconf bug?

From: Grzegorz Nieweglowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 16:06:45 +0100

Hi.

CVS fvwm (current, 07-Feb-2003).

Trouble: The usuall autoheader/automake/autoconf procedure goes well, but
the resulting ./configure script bombs out when it tries to create Makefile
in the "fvwm/tests/hints" subdirectory.

I'm using autoconf-2.54 and automake-1.7.1

-- 
\hoppke
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2003 09:01:57 -0500

> I'm using autoconf-2.54 and automake-1.7.1

Dominik, do you have any idea whats going on here.
I have this in the ChangeLog:

2003-01-26  Dominik Vogt  <[email-masked]>

	* Makefile.am:
	* hints/Makefile:
	* hints/Makefile.am:
	replaced Makefile with Makefile.am

But I've done a CVS update and I have this in the hints directory:

  /home/dane/src/fvwm/fvwm2_5_6/tests/hints:
  total 56
  drwxrwxr-x    3 dane     dane         4096 Feb  1 10:05 .
  drwxrwxr-x    9 dane     dane         4096 Feb  1 10:05 ..
  drwxrwxr-x    2 dane     dane         4096 Feb  1 10:05 CVS
  -rw-rw-r--    1 dane     dane           80 Feb  1 10:05 .cvsignore
  -rw-rw-r--    1 dane     dane        17059 Sep  3 23:02 hints_test.c
  -rw-rw-r--    1 dane     dane        14403 Feb  1 10:05 Makefile
  -rw-rw-r--    1 dane     dane         2463 Feb 11  2002 README

My Makefile.am in tests contains:

## This is a -*- Makefile -*-
## Process this file with automake to create Makefile.in

noinst_SUBDIRS = hints

EXTRA_DIST = README.test_options test_options

## The files in the purify subdir are NOT distributed, due to controversy over
## the benefits of doing so.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:39:24 -0500

> Dominik, do you have any idea whats going on here.

Dominik, never mind.

Grzegorz,

It didn't bomb out for me, just printed a message.
I'm using a much older version of autoconf and automake.
I think it may be working now.

---

From: Grzegorz Nieweglowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:41:19 +0100

> I'm using a much older version of autoconf and automake.

I already suspected that it must be the version I'm using. Obviously not
many people use "the latest" of Autoconf&Co., otherwise I wouldn't be the
only one to submit this as a bug.

> I think it may be working now.

Yes, it ./configures and builds fine now :) Thank you.