Subject: Re: FVWM: Java Swing window positioning

From: Tessa Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:51:37 -0500

FWIW, Sawfish 1.2-gtk2 with Blackdown 1.4.1-01 positions the window
such that the upper-left corner of the window decorations is at
position 0,0.

FVWM 2.5.5 with Blackdown 1.4.1-01 positions the window such that the
upper-left corner of the window contents is at position 0,0 --- the
window decorations are offscreen.

When I say "works correctly" in the table below, I meant that the
window appears to be positioned by FVWM rather than being placed at
an absolute location.

Today, IBM Java 1.3.1 also appears to exhibit the bug ... weird.

--Tessa

> > >    IBMs Java 1.3.1                          works correctly
> > >    Blackdown Java 1.3.1-02b-FCS             works correctly
> > >    Blackdown Java 1.4.1-beta                BUG
> > >    Blackdown Java 1.4.1-01                  BUG
> >     SUN JDK 1.3.1_04       "works correctly" (here)
> >     Sun JDK 1.4.1-01       "works correctly" (Dan)
> >     Bob jdk                BUG (Bob want jdk do you use?).
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]