Subject: Purify test, problem in borders.c

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:13:13 -0500

The windowshade test didn't produce any Purify problems.

There does seem to be an uninitialized memory read in borders.c:

UMR: Uninitialized memory read:
  * This is occurring while in:
        border_fill_pixmap_background [borders.c:1320]
        border_draw_one_border_part [borders.c:1542]
        border_draw_all_border_parts [borders.c:1595]
        border_draw_border_parts [borders.c:4394]
        border_draw_decorations [borders.c:4710]
        HandleFocusIn  [events.c:1872]
        dispatch_event [events.c:3239]
        HandleEvents   [events.c:3277]
        main           [fvwm.c:2427]
        _start         [crt1.o]
  * Reading 4 bytes from 0xffbecebc on the stack.
  * Address 0xffbecebc is       52 bytes past start of local variable "bg" in function border_draw_one_border_part.
****  Purify instrumented /opt/public/src/fvwm/2.5.6/fvwm (pid 7592)  ****
UMR: Uninitialized memory read:
  * This is occurring while in:
        border_fill_pixmap_background [borders.c:1321]
        border_draw_one_border_part [borders.c:1542]
        border_draw_all_border_parts [borders.c:1595]
        border_draw_border_parts [borders.c:4394]
        border_draw_decorations [borders.c:4710]
        HandleFocusIn  [events.c:1872]
        dispatch_event [events.c:3239]
        HandleEvents   [events.c:3277]
        main           [fvwm.c:2427]
        _start         [crt1.o]
  * Reading 4 bytes from 0xffbecec0 on the stack.
  * Address 0xffbecec0 is       56 bytes past start of local variable "bg" in function border_draw_one_border_part.

Its complaining about
bg->pixmap.g.width and bg->pixmap.g.height.

The stack can start with Focus, CMD_Iconify, etc.

-- 
Dan Espen                               E-mail: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:25:25 +0100

> The stack can start with Focus, CMD_Iconify, etc.

I will take a look when I can get the new CVS server to work.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:40:43 +0100

> I will take a look when I can get the new CVS server to work.

The function border_get_border_background() is supposed to fill
the "pixmap_background_type bg" structure, but it sets only a
couple of them.  Olivier, can you please take a look at this?  As
far as I can see, the bg->pixmap.g.width/height is never set
anywhere.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 16:09:45 +0100

> far as I can see, the bg->pixmap.g.width/height is never set

Yes, I will take a look soon.

Olivier