Subject: Request for feature: "Sticky" indicator toggle

From: Grzegorz Nieweglowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:32:31 +0100

Hi.
The way I see it, there is currently no way to turn off these horizontal
lines that are drawn on the title bars of sticky windows. They are mostly
useless if you use a titlebar button to stick/unstick (+mwm hints), and
sometimes simply look bad, especially on a textured titlebar.

Would it be possible to add new style options, eg.
"ShowStickbars/!Stickbars"? So that I could decide if I wish to see them or
not? Well, maybe not as an "style" option, but an attribute to TitleStyle,
like "flat" or "noinset" ("TitleStyle -- nostickbars" maybe?)

It's nothing really important, but would be nice.

-- 
\hoppke
(Grzegorz Nieweglowski)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:19:17 +0100 (CET)

> It's nothing really important, but would be nice.

Actually, I have planned to implement such a style.
But it will be after 2.6 is released, so mayby in the next beta series.

I also don't relly like the "stiples". Mostly windows I have as sticky are
"obvious" sticky ones, such as the pager, icon box, etc. I think it's
a little redundent information to indicate on stickyness on these.

Mayby as a part of TitleStyle is better, any more opinions anyone?

//Marcus

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:17:54 -0500

> sometimes simply look bad, especially on a textured titlebar.

There is a way to turn them off:

Style * NoTitle

Oddly enough, all of my sticky windows are title-less.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:40:33 -0500

in message <[email-masked]>, wrote Grzegorz
Nieweglowski thusly...
> "ShowStickbars/!Stickbars"? So that I could decide if I wish to
> see them or not?

in 2.5.5 there is an option -- StippledTitleOff -- mentioned in
fvwm(1)...

              With the  StippledTitle  style,  titles  are
              drawn  with  the same effect that is usually
              reserved for windows with the Sticky, Stick-
              yPage or StickyDesk style.  StippledTitleOff
              reverts back to normal titles.

...but really doesn't work as expected (for sticky windows).  could
this option be reworked/reimplemented such that the option really
does what its name implies (for any type of title)?

  - parv

--

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 12:20:20 +0100

> does what its name implies (for any type of title)?

StippledTitleOff youst turns off the StippledTitle option, exactly
as described in the man page.  It has no effect on sticky windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^