Subject: The name of the command WindowShade

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 23:08:37 +0100 (CET)

Why is WindowShade not just called Shade?
I was wondering, because I plan to add a style "Shadable" to match
"Closable" etc.
"WindowShadeable" looks a little weird to me.
Is the command called like this to not confuse with shadows of colorsets?

Would anyone have objections about a style "Shadable"? I'm not sure if I
will add this before the feature freeze though. Since this will also call
for a conditional "Shadable" and possible a style "AllowShadeFixedSize".
And also a style "AllowIconifyFixedSize" should probably be added for
consistency.

//Marcus 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 13:08:36 +0000

> Is the command called like this to not confuse with shadows of colorsets?

Other window managers seem to call it Shade (some call it Roll).
I don't have a problem to rename it while supporting the old name.

> And also a style "AllowIconifyFixedSize" should probably be added for

Regards,
Mikhael.