Subject: My TODO list for 2.6.0

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:12:04 +0000

Here is my todo list. I tried to reduce it to only critical things and
excluded any new features.

  * Enhance M_NEW_PAGE packet as I wrote some time ago.
  * Move documentation from FvwmTheme.1 to fvwm.1 or create a separate
    man page fvwm-colorsets.1 (I prefer fvwm.1).
  * Rework WindowListFunc so it works under window content and does not
    need any window id parameter.
  * Complete FvwmWindowMenu, it is not ready yet.
  * perllib: add trackers and other planed things.

Renaming:

  * We have a lot of new commands/options/modules, rename some.
  * Finalize the MultiPixmap syntax, probably rename to Multi, since it
    accepts Solid and Colorset. I will write more on this.
  * Use Image for png/xpm files instead of Pixmap everywhere in user
    commands while still supporting both for now.
  * Remove Closable, Maximizable, Iconifiable as duplicates?
  * Finally decide what to do with .fvwm2rc (except for supporting it).

Fixing/testing:

  * Reproduce all core dumps (there are a lot!) and report them.
  * Post my list of bugs (there are several and much more to discover).
  * I don't think I will have a time to write tests, so please others do.

I would like to have the following too, but it is not critical for 2.6.x,
so it may be postponed:

  * Add fvwm-command utility (similar to fvwm-root, in C) as a future
    replacement for module FvwmCommand.
  * Enhance FvwmAnimate to accept pause/continue actions via SendToModule.
  * Add FvwmPlacement for 5-6 fancy placement policies requested by users.
  * Add support for absolute coordinates in CursorMove.
  * Add HueRotation (recoloring) to colorsets with help of Olivier.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]