Subject: Frensch spelling?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:54:22 +0100

Not that I speak French, but I guess only one of these lines is
spelled correctly:

  "Vous avez du courrier"                                                  
  "Vous avez du courier"

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:43:35 +0100

> Not that I speak French, but I guess only one of these lines is

:o)

courier is not correct. I do not yet check my translations ...
I was not award that 2.5.5 will be up so fast.

By the way, I think only strings which come from FvwmTaskBar
and fvwm C code can be translated  now.

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 16:34:10 +0100

> and fvwm C code can be translated  now.

How about FvwmIdent?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:28:55 +0100

> > and fvwm C code can be translated  now.

I do not know. I see FvwmIdent as config helper. For example, the man
page refer to Name, Icon Name, Class and Resources for Style.  If we
translate FvwmIdent this can cause trouble. No?

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:30:44 +0100

> translate FvwmIdent this can cause trouble. No?

You mean, because we could tell somebody "please look up the
window class" and she can not find it because it is translated?
But then, if the user speaks English so badly that she can not
translate "window" and "class", she will not be able to ask a
question on this list :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:59:10 +0100

> window class" and she can not find it because it is translated?

Yes, but more important we use these words in the man page.
IMO, these words are technical words so translation is
problematic (but maybe this is not the case, I do not know).

Of course the real big challenge is to translate the fvwm
documentation (some doc is translated in fvwm-themes). 

> question on this list :-)

I think that French can be used to ask question on this mailing
list. German, Hebrew and Russian too? Maybe we may mention on the
web page that if a user has some difficulty with English (s)he can
use "French, ...".

Olivier