Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmTabs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:58:08 -0800

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:50:58AM +1100, SCoTT SMeDLeY wrote:
> Hi all,
> 
> You can try out FvwmTabs if you like:
> 
> http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/fvwmtabs.html
> 
> It only has very basic functionality at the moment but it
> sure unclutters your desktop.
> 
> SCoTT. :)

If you take you keyboard apart, you can probably find what's causing
your shift key to stick.  I had a similar problem when I spilled some
apple juice on a VIC20.

Very nice looking module.  Without reading the code yet, here's a few
questions...

1. Can I run more than one FvwmTabs, at least one per desk, but probably
multiple per desk.

2. How about configuration?  Is that still todo?  (sizes, fonts, colors)

3. How'd you get the tabs inside the window?  I was guessing they'd
have to go on top of the regular sizer bar.  Hmm, borderless subwindows?

4. What do you think about an auto-grab?  You could identify some patterns
of window names in the config and then toggle buttons would appear on the
tab bar somewhere allowing you to auto-swallow anything with that pattern.
Or just put the toggle in the FVWM-Tabs menu.  I'd probably prefer that
the exclusivity of multiple FvwmTabs instances work on an independent
per-desk basis.

-- 
  _
 ( \      _  \    /_ /  _ _  Jason Weber                  (503) 380-7424
  \|(\/)()))  \/\/(-/_)(-/(  Infinite Monkeys Inc.        Aloha, Oregon
  //                         http://www.imonk.com/baboon  [email-masked]
 (/     [email-masked]        [email-masked]

     "Canister contains at least 50% recycled material; 15%
      post-consumer content."
   -- Pringles Fat-Free (side of can)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]