Subject: Moving and Resizing Eye Candy

From: "Mark A. Nicolosi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 23:09:42 -0600

Is there any plans to add that detailed-look when moving and resizing
windows? Like on WindowMaker, and probably others.

-- 
Mark A. Nicolosi <markan_at_penguinmail.com>
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:56:34 +0000

> windows? Like on WindowMaker, and probably others.

Do you mean:

  OpaqueMoveSize unlimited
  Style * ResizeOpaque

or a differently looking wire-frame?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 12:06:18 +0100

> windows? Like on WindowMaker, and probably others.

Do you mean opaque moving (if not, please explain what you mean)?
Try

  Style * ResizeOpaque
  OpaqueMoveSize 100

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: "Mark A. Nicolosi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 17:36:05 -0600

> Do you mean opaque moving (if not, please explain what you mean)?

No, sorry. In some window managers, when you move a window the window is
moved opaquely and for instance on the left side of the window there is
a line that goes from the top side of the screen to the bottom lined up
with the left edge of the window, and on the left edge it shows the x
location of that side of the window. It's like that on all the other
sides of the window to. I haven't used WindowMaker in a long time, and
that's the best I could explain it. I think WindowMaker calls this
"Technical Style Moving". Thanks.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:17:36 +0100

> "Technical Style Moving". Thanks.

No, that's not possible, and there are no plans to add something
like this.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^