Subject: distorted windowlist ordering

From: Jochen Klenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 02:43:03 +0100

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: Linux corvara 2.2.10 #8 Tue Jun 13 19:41:43 MEST 2000 i686 unknown
compiler flags: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.6 (from cvs)
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/home/jk/fvwmbeta/libexec/fvwm/2.5.6
FVWM_DATADIR:	/home/jk/fvwmbeta/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/home/jk/.fvwm

Description:
	When a window is focused, either by clicking or by the Alt-Tab
	windowlist, it is not plucked from the windowlist and put to the
	front of the list, instead the whole list is rotated. In other
	words, it shows the behavior of Focus instead of FlipFocus.
	This issue showed up in recent CVS versions

Repeat-By:
	Start fvwm with a config file that contains only this line:

	Style * ClickToFocus

	Launch a few different Programs. Switch between them by using
	the Alt-Tab windowlist or by clicking into the windows. Press
	Alt-Tab again to confirm that the windowlist was rotated. Thus
	the list is not kept in least-recently-focused order, as it used
	to be.
	I added a WindowListFunc (with explicit FlipFocus),
	so that the complete config file looked like this:

        ----- snip -----

	Style * ClickToFocus

	DestroyFunc WindowListFunc
	AddToFunc WindowListFunc
	 +        I WindowId $0 (*) Iconify off
	 +        I WindowId $0 (*) FlipFocus
	 +        I WindowId $0 (*) Raise

	----- snip -----

	This does not affect this behavior.
	The problem exists only if ClickToFocus is active, with 
	MouseFocus the windowlist ordering works as usual.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 13:17:12 +0100

> 	This issue showed up in recent CVS versions

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]