Subject: Patch for conditionals

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 00:04:28 +0100 (CET)

I added conditions "FixedSize" (matches unresizable windows) and
"HasHandles" (matches windows without resize-handles).
Now when I created the diff it also included changes I did to the IconBox
that hasn't been checked in.
Is there a way to create a diff with just the new changes? Would I need to
remove the affected files from FvwmIconBox and cvs update and then do a
diff and after that reapply my old patch? Seems a bit teedious.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 01:34:38 +0000

> diff and after that reapply my old patch? Seems a bit teedious.

Either edit patch manually (don't change anything, just remove lines) or
execute "cvs diff [-u] [fvwm/file1] [fvwm/file2] >conditionals.patch".

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 10:52:41 +0100

> execute "cvs diff [-u] [fvwm/file1] [fvwm/file2] >conditionals.patch".

Just for your information:  I am no longer working on new fvwm
features and I no longer apply patches.  And I have no more
opinion on the correct syntax, or the correct names of new
features.  So, please do not expect me to apply any of Marcus'
patches.  If there is some consensus that the patches are good,
someone else has to proof read and commit them.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:51:10 -0500

> someone else has to proof read and commit them.

Dominik,

  I fully agree with your decision.  I can't see how its any
fun for you to spend your time applying changes you might not
use.

Workers,

  I believe Marcus has been on this list for years and there
is no reason why he couldn't be granted cvs access.  (One vote.)
Meanwhile, I'll apply the patch (after I look at it).  I think that
might take a few days though.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 19:31:15 +0000

> might take a few days though.

Second vote.

Regards,
Mikhael.