Subject: Conditionals

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:10:28 +0100 (CET)

I was was thinking about some new conditional "operators" (the same type
like "Current (sticky) ..."
I would like to be able to see if a window is resizable and minimisable,
for example, to be able to define different menus for the window menu (for
example) depending on what operations are available.
Is this possible currently (except specifying for know windowclasses)?

I guess if this is to be implemented, it's part of the conditional rewrite
someone talkt about for 3.0

//Marcus 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:39:02 +0100

> someone talkt about for 3.0

In the long run, I want to have a condition for every style we
have, but that does not exactly cover the case you mentioned.
There is a loot of window state information that could be checked
in conditions too (transient, position, size, etc.).

There already is a function is_function_allowed() in decorations.c
that checks whether move/resize/maximize/close are allowed by the
program or by the user.  Would be easy to write conditions using
the function.

About minimisation:  I tend to removing the "do not minimise" hint
completely.  It makes zero sense but can be extremely annoying.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^