Subject: e: FvwmTabs

From: SCoTT SMeDLeY <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:02:59 +1100

: On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 12:50:58AM +1100, SCoTT SMeDLeY wrote:
: > Hi all,
: > 
: > You can try out FvwmTabs if you like:
: > 
: > http://users.tpg.com.au/users/scottie7/fvwmtabs.html
: > 
: > It only has very basic functionality at the moment but it
: > sure unclutters your desktop.
: > 
: > SCoTT. :)
: 
: If you take you keyboard apart, you can probably find what's causing
: your shift key to stick.  I had a similar problem when I spilled some
: apple juice on a VIC20.

hehe - the problem I have isn't hardware, it's bioware. :)

: Very nice looking module.  Without reading the code yet, here's a few
: questions...
: 
: 1. Can I run more than one FvwmTabs, at least one per desk, but probably
: multiple per desk.

Not yet, but thanks to Mikhael I've worked out how to do it (I can use
'Pick' on a per-FvwmTabs basis to add a window) & I intend to add this
functionality Real Soon Now (tm).

: 2. How about configuration?  Is that still todo?  (sizes, fonts, colors)

Yeah, TODO. You'll see a short TODO list at the bottom of the FvwmTabs
source file.

: 3. How'd you get the tabs inside the window?  I was guessing they'd
: have to go on top of the regular sizer bar.  Hmm, borderless subwindows?

I'm basically reparenting windows into a Perl/Tk app. Then just mapping
& unmapping them as necessary. The only problem with this approach is
that when the windows are reparented to FvwmTabs they no longer appear
in the windowlist. Haven't found a way around that yet.

: 4. What do you think about an auto-grab?

A very good idea. If it's not on the TODO list, it should be. I'll get
hacking on all these features after my xmas holidays, which start at
4:59pm tonight - yipee! :)

SCoTTie! :)
-- 
[email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]