Subject: Notification: incoming/975

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:07:41 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/975

Message summary for PR#975
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: windows focus problem
	Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:07:40 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Dec 31 13:07:41 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: windows focus problem
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:07:40 -0600

Full_Name: 
Version: fvwm2-2.2.4-9
CVS_Date: 
OS: redhat 7.1, kernel 2.4.9-34
X_Server: XFree86-4.0.3-5

Submission from: (NULL) (140.90.198.20)

Sometimes fvwm will show that a window has focus, but it really doesn't.
This has bit me a few times trying to type in a shell window. You can
click in the window, but it does not always take focus. About a third of
the time you need to click on titlebar to get
fvwm's attention that you are actually in that window. 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:03:44 -0500

> fvwm's attention that you are actually in that window. 

The problem you are experiencing doesn't sound familiar.

Neither does the version 2.2.4-9.

(There wouldn't be a -9 in any version number created by the
Fvwm project.)

However, 2.2.4 is way too old for us to do anything with.
The latest stable version is 2.4.14.  I suggest you install
a current release.

Note that there is a conversion script that will help you
upgrade from the 2.2.x series to the 2.4.x series included
in the release.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]