Subject: CVS olicha: * Preserve the matrix when rotating Xft fonts

From: FVWM CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 16:21:30 -0600

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	olicha	02/11/06 16:21:30

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog NEWS 
	fvwm           : builtins.c fvwm.1.in geometry.c 
	libs           : Fft.c FftInterface.h Flocale.c Flocale.h 

Log message:
* Preserve the matrix when rotating Xft fonts
* Use a more perfectioned method for loading font with Xft/Fc. This
method allows some sanity checks.
* Move the computation of the good "y" for drawing text into Flocale.
* Use the "max" ascent, descent and height for font metric (in the place
of the "min" one's). This allows text as Ép to be not drawn out of
its "box" with certain fonts
* New option "Locale" to PrintInfo Command for informations on the
locale and the font (not yet totally finished).
* The doc for this option

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 01:11:23 +0100

> * The doc for this option

This patch creates a number of compiler warnings when not
compiling with Xft.  For example, the FftPatternGetMatrix() has a
return code that is hard coded to 0 in the .h file.  gcc complains
about a "warning: statement with no effect".  I have comitted a
quick patch to suppress the warning.  But all function calls that
have a return code should *really* check it and react
appropriately.  Even if it's just something like

  if (!FftPatternAddMatrix(...))
  {
    /* ignore error */
  }

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 23:34:55 +0100

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:11:23AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> return code that is hard coded to 0 in the .h file.

As the return code was not used and my compiler did not complaint I
was lazy to add the definition of the type of the return code.

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:32:52 +0100

> On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 01:11:23AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:

[snip]

> was lazy to add the definition of the type of the return code.

Well, my gcc only complains because I always compile with
"-Wall -Werror".  Unless you have a specific reason not to - for
example system header files with warnings - I suggest you do the
same.  But it is really not a big issue.  I would not have
mentioned it hadn't I made a big effort to check return codes of
all X calls in the core and lib a while ago.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:37:24 +0100

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:32:52AM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> same.

Our configure automatically add -Wall if gcc is detected (I add this a
few months ago). So, I always compile with -Wall. Moreover, I use a
"colored" gcc so it is rare that I miss a gcc warning. My gcc does not
complaint if I do not care of the return code of FftPatternGetMatrix().
But it complaint (warning: statement with no effect) with:

#define foo(a) 0

foo(0);

I do not recompile without XFT each time I change Fft.c, my
machine is (dramatically) too slow.

Olivier