Subject: Vector button example

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 16:04:31 +0100 (CET)

On the fvwm home page there is a section for example buttons where you can
contribute button examples.
So I made an example using the new pixel offset feature:

--------------------------------------------------------------

# MWM button styles

ButtonStyle 1 3    0+4px50+1p@0 100-5px50+1p@0 100-5px50-2p@0
AddButtonStyle 1 3 0+4px50+1p@1 0+4px50-2p@1 100-5px50-2p@1
ButtonStyle 2 3    0+4px100-5p@0 100-5px100-5p@0 100-5px0+4p@0
AddButtonStyle 2 3 0+4px100-5p@1 0+4px0+4p@1 100-5px0+4p@1
ButtonStyle 4 3    50-2px50+1p@0 50+1px50+1p@0 50+1px50-2p@0
AddButtonStyle 4 3 50-2px50+1p@1 50-2px50-2p@1 50+1px50-2p@1

--------------------------------------------------------------

This features a big square that's fixed 3 pixels from edge of the button
(button 2), a small square centred and 4 by 4 pixels, and a bar vertically
centred 4 pixels thick and filling the space horisontally with a 3 pixel
space on each side.

Ofcourse this requires the latest CVS version for this to work, so perhaps
it's not yet ready for the web...

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 16:06:04 -0500

> So I made an example using the new pixel offset feature:

Nah, I'll just describe what it needs.

Reminds me, I think I have a screenshot in my inbox too.

Lets see, stain some furniture or write some web stuff...

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 23:12:27 +0100

> > So I made an example using the new pixel offset feature:

Actually, the offset patch gets problematic when the window gets
very small.  I don't know what to do about it, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 23:24:50 +0100 (CET)

> very small.  I don't know what to do about it, though.

Yes. Actually I only thought about the "static" size of the buttons
(determined by font size typically) and didn't think about the fact that
buttons can shrink horizontally. Maybe there could be an option to set the
minimum size of windows so that the buttons "fits" (mwm does something
like this, I tried and I could make an xterm less than 32 pixels wide
there. This might be hardcoded though...)
A problem could be that buttons can be added/removed dynamically.

//Marcus

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 23:28:24 +0100 (CET)

> like this, I tried and I could make an xterm less than 32 pixels wide
"could NOT", I mean....