Subject: Transparent xpm mini icons broken in FvwmIconMan

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:26:32 +0100

With the attached config (please no discussion about whether the
config should look like this - it works), when a window is not
iconified, a brown rectangle is drawn where the mini icon should
appear in the windows buttons, left of the title.  Works fine with
2.4.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:51:36 +0100

> appear in the windows buttons, left of the title.  Works fine with

I think this is the same or a similar problem as the crash that
Bob Vloon found.  The faulty code is this (xmanager.c,
iconify_box(), appeared between 2.5.2 and 2.5.3):

	if (FMiniIconsSupported && man->draw_icons && win->pic.picture)
	{
		if (iconified == 0 && man->draw_icons != 2)
		{
			XFillRectangle (
				theDisplay, man->theWindow,
-->				man->backContext[contextId],
				g->icon_x, g->icon_y, g->icon_w,
				g->icon_h);
		}
		else
	...

The man->backContext[contextId] GC is "None" when it is called.

Filling the place where the icon appears with a solid colour is
just plain wrong as it negates any effort to achieve transparency
or gradient effects.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:23:38 +0100

> appear in the windows buttons, left of the title.  Works fine with

I will take a look soon.
Olivier