Subject: Naming of fvwm2rc inside directory .fvwm

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:23:19 +0100 (CET)

I have a suggestion.

When placing the file .fvwm2rc inside the directory .fvwm, I think it
would seem more natural to allow the name fvwm2rc or fvwmrc (without . ),
since this is inside a hidden directory.

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 23:16:33 +0000

> since this is inside a hidden directory.

I think we had a slight majority (1.5 vus 0 against) for using
~/.fvwm/main file name. :)  And 0.5 for ~/.fvwm/config.

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0204/msg00185.html

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 00:25:00 -0500

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote Marcus Lundblad thusly...
> since this is inside a hidden directory.

name it whatever you want & use the -f option to pass the file
name...

  fvwm -f fvwm-config-name-that-you-desire

...and be done w/ it.

  - parv

--