Subject: Re: FVWM: Transient Flicker

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 19:14:10 +0100

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:55:59PM -0800, Tim Freedom wrote:
> --- Dominik Vogt wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > Um, yes, but that's just because I forgot to add a style name.
> > Try this:
> > 
> >   Style * RaiseTransient, LowerTransient, !StackTransientParent
> >        ^^^
> 
> I'm still unable to accomplish what I had described earlier.  With
> the correction I can't really lower (and keep lowered) a transient
> (again I use MouseFocus).
> 
> Brief Description - have window-A, want to lower its transient
> (assume I want to cut-n-paste from the parent into the transient
> post pop-up), if I then change windows and move my mouse to
> window-B (window-A's transient is still lowered) and attain focus
> on window-B and then return to window-A, I'd like to see window-A's
> transient raised and focused.

I have added a new command "RestackTransients" that just collects
the transients above the parent window.  You can use FvwmAuto to
run it automatically when the parent window is entered:

  Style * RaiseTransient, LowerTransient, !StackTransientParent
  FvwmAuto 0 "Silent RestackTransients"

But there is still a problem with lowering the transient:  When
the window is lowered, the pointer enters the window that is now
on top.  If that is the parent window, FvwmAuto triggers
RestackTransients and the transient is immediately raised again.
I'm still thinking about a solution for this problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]