Subject: IconBox options naming

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:36:57 +0100 (CET)

I'm implementing a few new options for the FvwmIconBox to allow to decide
if iconified/uniconified window's labels are drawn with or without a
relief and an option to disabled "(" and ")" around the titles of
iconified windows.

I need some feedback on names:

IconifiedHasLabelRelief

takes an argument with a value of "True" or "False" to enable/disable the
drawing of reliefs for iconified windows.

UnIconifiedHasLabelRelief

the same for uniconified windows

and

IconifiedHasNormalTitle

disables () around title for an iconified window.
Maybe this should also have a boolean argument?

//Marcus

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:52:44 +0000

> the same for uniconified windows

You may already do this if you define colorsets for iconified and
normal windows with hi=sh=bg.

If you still insist on having these options, I would do it similarly to:

  NormalTitleRelief width
  IconifiedTitleRelief width

where 0 means no relief, positive means "raised", negative means
"lowered" relief of that width.

> Maybe this should also have a boolean argument?

NoIconifiedParentheses?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:59:58 +0100 (CET)

> "lowered" relief of that width.

Yes, that seems like a good idea.
> > Maybe this should also have a boolean argument?
Yes, good suggestion. Thanks!

I also had some plans to enable reliefs for the icons themselfs also.
And then adding window frames (like mwm).
I think this will require adding some more coloursets (maybe allow
different coloursets for label and icon background, so that you can have
only the lables highlighting for example. And maybe 2 colursets for the
"window frame", this should probably use the same colourset as normal
windows per default...)
And I also looked at doing this for the ordinary icons. I need to figure
out how to draw into the background of the icon window, they seem to use
private visuals, I need to study up on this...

//Marcus

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:14:49 +0100

> Yes, that seems like a good idea.

I am not so sure.  Cryptic codes in integers are consusing to the
user and not self explaining.  I would add the additional code to
have options with specific names for reversed reliefs.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^