Subject: [50 character or so descriptive subject here (for reference)]

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 06:19:33 -0500 (EST)

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: FreeBSD moo.holy.cow 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #0: Tue Oct 22 04:00:50 EDT 2002     [email-masked]:/cdrw/obj/cdrw/src/sys/BOVINE  i386
compiler flags: cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.4
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/usr2/X11R6/libexec/fvwm/2.5.4
FVWM_DATADIR:	/usr2/X11R6/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/usr2/home/parv/cf/wm

Description:

  there is(was) inconsistency in between man page & the binary in
  relation to WindowList parameter in fvwm 2.5.4(2.5.3) ...

    strings /usr/X11R6/bin/fvwm | grep -i MaxLabel  ## produces "MaxLabelWidth"
    man 1 fvwm   |    col -b    | grep -i MaxLabel  ## produces "MaxLabelLength"

Repeat-By:

  see above.  or, specify "MaxLabelLength" option for "WindowList"
  -- as documented in the man page -- in the fvwm configuration file
  and see error message generated.  now change "MaxLabelLength" to
  "MaxLabelWidth", problem goes away.

Fix:

  in fvwm man page, change all occurrences of "MaxLabelLength" w/
  "MaxLabelWidth".

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 06:26:01 -0500

in message <[email-masked]>,
wrote i thusly...
>   relation to WindowList parameter in fvwm 2.5.4(2.5.3) ...

i apologize for sending two bug reports for the same problem, and
this one w/o meaningful subject.

  - parv

--