Subject: FvwmProxy update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 01:44:59 -0800

I've written a mod to Direction where you can prefix the arg with Cycle,
like CycleEast and CycleWest.  With this option, all windows that meet
the conditional are guaranteed to eventually be hit and when there
is no "next" window it loops around to the worst match.  The primary
axis takes precedence and the cross axis is only used to break ties.

I'm having some real problems with conditionals.  If I use CirculateHit
or CurrentPage, I get no success, ever.  Any hints will help, but I'll
look into it more before I start complaining.  For now, !Sticky gets rid
of my pager and such.

Currently, my test config looks like:

Key Alt_L       A   N   SendToModule    FvwmProxy   Show
Key -Alt_L      A   A   SendToModule    FvwmProxy   Hide
Key Tab         A   M   SendToModule    FvwmProxy   Circulate Direction CycleEast (!Sticky) SendToModule FvwmProxy Mark
Key Tab         A   SM  SendToModule    FvwmProxy   Circulate Direction CycleWest (!Sticky) SendToModule FvwmProxy Mark

On my working copy, ConfigFvwmProxyDefaults is completely commented out.

Should I
	a. leave off the SendToModule FvwmProxy Mark and have FvwmProxy.c magically tack it on
	b. use some standard FvwmProxyMark (and get back into the ProxyDefault issue)
	c. leave it like this and hope people call the mark

I'd lean for a, but it's a little late to think straight.

Oh, the WindowListFunc and the $w,  I'd be happy to strip the arg off,
but we'll need some general buy-in first.

-- 
  _
 ( \      _  \    /_ /  _ _  Jason Weber                  (503) 380-7424
  \|(\/)()))  \/\/(-/_)(-/(  Infinite Monkeys Inc.        Aloha, Oregon
  //                         http://www.imonk.com/baboon  [email-masked]
 (/     [email-masked]        [email-masked]

     "Canister contains at least 50% recycled material; 15%
      post-consumer content."
   -- Pringles Fat-Free (side of can)
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 11:03:40 +0000

> look into it more before I start complaining.  For now, !Sticky gets rid

I think Next and Prev with FlipFocus are broken, I saw it sometimes,
especially Prev. I will try to make a good bug report later.

> I'd lean for a, but it's a little late to think straight.

You may do (a) and then if anyone ever wants it, add CirculateNoMark.
Or add both Circulate and CirculateMark now. It's your decision.

> but we'll need some general buy-in first.

Actually, maybe just use another name for it (like WindowListFunction
or WindowListSelectFunc) when interface is changed, so it will not stop
working if a user redefined it. Any working suggestion is welcome.

Regards,
Mikhael.