Subject: Please try FvwmProxy

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:01:08 +0100

I have completed much of the new functionality in FvwmProxy that
is necessary to make it an Alt-Tab replacement.  Please take a
look at the current CVS code.  The man page is not updated yet,
but here is a sample config:

------------------------------ snip -----------------------------
Colorset 20 fg black, dgradient 128 rgb:47/91/a9 rgb:97/9b/96
Colorset 21 fg black, dgradient 128 rgb:eb/ab/74 rgb:c3/b5/a3
*FvwmProxy: Colorset 20
*FvwmProxy: SelectColorset 21
key f1 a n SendToModule FvwmProxy show
key f2 a n SendToModule FvwmProxy hide
key f3 a n SendToModule FvwmProxy abort
key f4 a n Current FvwmProxy_Mark
key f5 a n FvwmProxy_Circulate next (currentpage)
AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I Module FvwmProxy
------------------------------ snip -----------------------------

F1: Show the proxy windows.
F2: Hide the proxy windows and run the default action on the
    selected window.
F3: Abort the proxy windows.
F4: Select the currently focused window.
F5: Cycle selection to the next window.

The commands that do the actual work can be found in the file
ConfigFvwmProxyDefaults (istalled to datadir).

--

It's still missing a way to hide the proxies when a key is
released and tracking the pointer to select windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 07:12:39 +0100

> but here is a sample config:

It seems that there is a problem with the list of windows which should
has a proxy window. If I start FvwmProxy on a given page it works as
expected on this page. But If a go on an other page or/and desk (with
the proxy windows mapped or not) the windows shown by FvwmProxy are
not updated.

Olivier