Subject: CVS jpweber: Fixed FvwmProxy Next to really ignore windows on other desks;

From: FVWM CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:54:50 -0600

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	jpweber	02/11/15 22:54:50

Modified files:
	modules/FvwmProxy: FvwmProxy.c 

Log message:
Fixed FvwmProxy Next to really ignore windows on other desks;
Added temp fix to use XFillRectangle vs. XClearWindow since the latter
wasn't using the proper select colorset background color;
Added .fvwm2rc configs for Width, Height, Separation, EnterSelect, ProxyMove

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:46:35 +0100

> 	modules/FvwmProxy: FvwmProxy.c 

[snip]

> wasn't using the proper select colorset background color;

Can you describe what the exact problem was?  The background is
set by the DrawProxyBackground function() into the window
backgorund.  After that, clearing the windows forces the X server
to redraw the window and the background becomes visible.  Using
XFillRectangle has two disadvantages.  First, it draws in the
foreground which requires communication with the X server to keep
it drawn properly.  Second, XFillRectangle paints over the
background from the colour set, for example covering a
transparent background.

[snip]

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:44:21 +0100

> background from the colour set, for example covering a

I had to back out that patch.  It painted over the colour set
background and disabled all colour set decorations other than a
solid, single colour background.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^