Subject: FvwmButtons and Transparency

From: Kingsly John <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 03:04:34 +0530

Hi!

There is some problem with FvwmButtons and transparency it used to work fine
with 2.5.3 but it's broken after that.

Previously I used to have "Pixmap none" and it worked fine... but now there
is all kinds of weirdness.. sometimes the module doesn't show up on screen
though it shows up in the output of "ps" and if I exclude it from
WindowListSkip it shows up there too.. and it moves the mouse somewhere near
the postion of the buttons if they were visible but I can't see it on screen.
(There are no invisible buttons there either, clicking there brings up the
root-menu) (Every once in a while the windows would get drawn and work
properly... but it is not replicatable!  :-)

I tried adding a colorset to see if that helps.. it helped ensure that 
the buttons appeared all the time but it caused some other weirdness .. the
buttons retain the contents/image of any window that was moved over it as the
background instead of being transparent.

This is the colorset definition I'm using.

Colorset 6 Plain, NoShape,  Transparent

Any tips/suggestions ? or more details needed ?

Kingsly

-- 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 23:00:08 +0100

> properly... but it is not replicatable!  :-)

Can you send me your FvwmButtons config (the one with "Pixmap none")
with the icons you use if possible.

> Any tips/suggestions ? or more details needed ?

You need:

Style FvwmButtons ParentalRelativity

for the Transparent option.

Regards, Olivier