Subject: FvwmProxy issues

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 00:00:51 +0100

I just tested FvwmProxy a bit.  I see a few problems that should
be resolved.

 1) I am not using mini icons for the windows.  Yet, the window
    proxies have some space reserved for it:

      +-------------+
      |             |
      |             |
      |    rxvt     |
      |             |
      +-------------+

    Should be

      +-------------+
      |             |
      |    rxvt     |
      |             |
      +-------------+

 2) When there are too many interfering proxies on screen,  some
    of the proxies are moved past the bottom border of the screen
    and are not visible.  Try this:

      $ xterm -geom 10x5-0-0 & xterm -geom 10x5-0-0 & \
      xterm -geom 10x5-0-0 &

 3) If the page is switched while the proxies are shown, the
    proxies are not updated.

I rewrote parts of the module to fix #3, but I'm still having
difficulties to avoid race conditions on a page change and
calculating the proxy positions.  Currently, proxy positions may
overlap on a page change.

Overall, the placement algorithm needs some work.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]