Subject: menu - paint triangles in the same color as the foreground color

From: parv <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:44:22 -0500

as shown in the screen shot (22 kB, fvwm 2.5.4) below...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/tmp/shot-fvwm-2.5.4-menu.png

...triangles are painted either in "Background" or "HilightBack"
colors, not in "Foreground" or "ActiveFore".  following is what
produced the menu style...

  MenuStyle  *  TrianglesSolid
  MenuStyle  *  Foreground white, Background red4, Greyed rgb:f0/0/0
  MenuStyle  *  ActiveFore black, HilightBack grey75
  MenuStyle  *  MenuFace HGradient 512 5 rgb:60/0/0 20 rgb:80/0/0 40 rgb:a0/0/0 20 rgb:80/0/0 10 rgb:60/0/0 10 black
  MenuStyle  *  Hilight3DThickness -2

...i had to use gradient otherwise red (triangle) on red
(background) is rather hard to see.

could it be possible either to paint the triangles w/ the
"Foreground" & "ActiveFore" colors as appropriate, or to provide
means to specify color(s) for triangle?

otherwise, indication of a sub menu is easily missed.  below is the
screen shot (52 kB, fvwm 2.4.4) showing triangles painted in
foreground colors...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/graphic.comp/shot-fvwm2-4-4-colors.png

...and from configuration file...

  http://www103.pair.com/parv/comp/unix/cf/fvwm/fvwm-2.cf--old

...menu style is similar to above...

  MenuStyle  *  Foreground white, Background red4
  MenuStyle  *  ActiveFore black, HilightBack white, Greyed red
  MenuStyle  *  TrianglesSolid, Hilight3DThick

  - parv

-- 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]