Subject: observation: window borders not drawn

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:18:00 +0100

Sometimes after a page change, the decorations of one of my
windows are not drawn.  I have observer this several times with a
normal window (the decorations are just transparent until they are
redrawn) and a window with "HandleWidth 1, NoTitle" (thin white
border around the window).  The windows were not new windows and
had been drawn properly before.

As the decorations are drawn into the window background X should
draw them automatically without help from fvwm.  I can think of
two explanations:

 1) Fvwm sets a "None" background pixmap somewhere but does not
    draw the boder afterwards.
 2) The X server runs out of memory, kicks out the backgorund
    pixmap and generates an Expose event.  I believe that can not
    happen, but I am not entirely sure.

Please, everybody, keep your eyes open for this problem in the
latest snapshots and try to find a reliable way to reproduce it.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 20:23:43 +0100

> latest snapshots and try to find a reliable way to reproduce it.

Fixed.  The problem occured after a recapture and possibly a
restart (I did not try with restart).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]