Subject: More FvwmIconMan transparency problems

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 14:46:46 +0200

I'm not sure if that changed in the last few days, but I remember
that Olivier said something about fixing the transparent colour
set problem in FvwmIconMan.  But now, I get transparent buttons
only if I use a transparent colour set for the whole icon manager
*and* for the buttons:

  Colorset 8 transparent
  *FvwmIconMan: Colorset 8
  *FvwmIconMan: PlainColorset 8

If I use a non-transparent colour set for either "Colorset" or
"PlainColorset", the colour set background is fitted into the
buttons.  So, at the moment transparent buttons are only possible
in a swallowed FvwmIconMan.  One invoked as a top level window
can be either completely transparent, showing the root window
background, or have colour set crammed into the buttons.

I think the problem here is that the buttons are not separate
windows.  Thus, they can not use the normal colour set background
drawing function.  A transparent button should simply not draw any
background on its own.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 02:27:50 +0200

> drawing function.  A transparent button should simply not draw any

Some more evidence:

 * It works fine in the latest 2.4.x version.
 * The problem only occurs with iconified windows.  As long as the
   window is in normal state, the button is drawn as it should be.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:16:25 +0200

Yes, yes, I will fix IconMan colorset. I just lost my fvwm times
by trying, these last few days, to understand what is DirectColor.

Olivier

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:26:33 +0200

Are IconMan colours ok now?
Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:47:46 +0200

> Are IconMan colours ok now?

Yes.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]