Subject: Bug: Window move with mouse not working!

From: Arvind <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:35:22 +0530

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: Linux spook 2.4.18-3 #1 Thu Apr 18 07:31:07 EDT 2002 i586 unknown
compiler flags: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.4
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/home/abc/myfs/libexec/fvwm/2.5.4
FVWM_DATADIR:	/home/abc/myfs/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/home/abc/.fvwm

Description:
    I have a mouse binding to Alt+Mouse to move a window. But, in
    the new CVS checked-out versions of Fvwm, it sometimes does not work
    when there are two windows and one is in the background.

    It works in a version of fvwm with the last issue in the Changelog
    dated 2002-09-06.

Repeat-By:

    * Config of .fvwm2rc is:
      --- 8< ---
      Mouse 1   W  M    Move
      --- 8< ---

    * Open a terminal window by right-clicking and choosing Xterm from
      the builtin menu. Move it around by pressing Alt and dragging the
      mouse. It works!

    * Now, open another terminal window similarly and place it such that
      the old terminal is partly visible. Try to move the old terminal
      window in the background using the Alt+Mouse shortcut. It doesn't
      work. The window just blinks. Moving the foreground window still
      works though.

Arvind
PS: I'm not on the list. If you want any more info, mail me.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 10:13:05 +0200

>     It works in a version of fvwm with the last issue in the Changelog

I can't reproduce it myself, but it doesn't surprise me.  I have
rewritten the focus code recently and that probably plays a role
here.  Please describe the behaviour as precisely as you can:

 * Just to make sure:  did you actually try it with the minimal
   config you posted?

 * What exactly do you have to do to make it happen:
   - Where do you press the mouse button?  Over the interior of
     the window or on some part of the decorations (which part)?
   - Where exactly do you move the windows?

 * What is the "blinking" effect you see:
   - Is the wire frame drawn for a split second and removed
     immediately?
   - Is the lower window raised and then lowered?
   - Or is it a different effect (please describe)?

 * Do you see the move cursor?  If not, does the cursor change to
   some other icon (which)?

 * Please add any additional information that seems unusual, even
   it may seem unrelated.

> PS: I'm not on the list. If you want any more info, mail me.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]