Subject: New vector button commands

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 20:02:27 +0200 (CEST)

I propose adding offset functionallity to the vector drawing instruction.
I have looked at the sourcecode. I think the files borders.c (X drawing
commands), builtins.c (parsing the vector instructions) and screen.h
(definition of struct vector_coords in DecorFace struct).
Is anyone working on these files at the moment?
I was thinking about giving this a try.

//Marcus 

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 01:04:58 +0200

> I propose adding offset functionallity to the vector drawing instruction.

Hm, what would thins be good for?  You can already get an offset
relative to the button size by adding a few points to all
percentages.  Isn't that good enough?

> (definition of struct vector_coords in DecorFace struct).

Yes.

> Is anyone working on these files at the moment?

You do not need to care if people are working on specific files
unless they stated so.  Concurrent work results in merging
conflicts extremely rarely, even when working on the same .c file.

> I was thinking about giving this a try.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Marcus Lundblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:00:33 +0200 (CEST)

> percentages.  Isn't that good enough?

But it's not possible to get an absolute offset in pixels independent of
the button size, unless you write a script that calculates that from the
button size. And that would involve parsing the font size and so on.

For example, you may want "shadow" effects for soem lines or a button
relief that is a fixed number of pixels from the button's border.

//Marcus