Subject: branch name in commit messages?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 01:36:18 +0200

Jason,

could you modify the script that mails the CVS commit messages to
include the branch name in the subject?  For example

  CVS 2.4 domivogt: * Updated ANNOUNCE.

instead of

  CVS domivogt: * Updated ANNOUNCE.

(the branches are named branch-x_y).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2002 19:22:20 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> could you modify the script that mails the CVS commit
DV> messages to include the branch name in the subject?

I made one tweak; let's see how it works.  I'll probably need to work
on it after I see a couple of messages go by.

 - J<

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 22:19:36 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> Doesn't seem to work yet.  The last commit message from the 2.4
DV> branch looked like any other message before.

Internally the script keeps track of a branch and I changed it to
include that in the script, but it doesn't look like what it calls a
branch has anything to do with what you're calling a branch.  Either
that, or CVS has changed its output at some point.

The current scripts are pretty nasty; they were even nasty before I
started messing with them; I'm looking into other scripts that do the
same kind of thing as a fresh base for hacking.

DV> P.S.: Should I continue to mail you these messages personally in
DV> addition to the list mail or do you prefer to get them only via
DV> the lists?

There are some days when I barely get through my main inbox, much less
all of the other mail I get, so it's probably best to give me a CC if
it's even mildly important.

 - J<