Subject: Re: locale error messages

From: Bruce M Beach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:33:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Dominik Vogt wrote:

> What do these error messages try to tell me:
>
> --
> [FvwmButtons][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> [FvwmPager][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> [FvwmIconMan][FlocaleSetlocaleForX]: ERROR -- Cannot set locale. Please
> check your $LC_CTYPE or $LANG.
> Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
> --
>
> This is what I have set:
>
>   $ locale
>   LANG=C
>   LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro
>   ...
>   LC_*="C"
>   ...
>   LC_ALL=

   Does de_DE@euro actually exist? For instance

    locate de_DE@euro

   should give you a whole bunch of stuff. If you build the
   libraries yourself then glibc doesn't install all the locales
   by default but you have to do a

         make localedata/install-locales

    after 'make install'

    The guys on the [email-masked] mailing list will help
    if you email them.

    bruce

    PS its ironic that I have to use spammail (yahoo) because my paid for 
    account is being rejected.

Remote-MTA: DNS; util2.math.uh.edu
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 550-rejected because 202.105.36.198 is in a block list
at relays.osirusoft.com

=====
[email-masked]

______________________________________________________________________ 
Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 11:17:11 +0200

>    Does de_DE@euro actually exist? For instance

  $ locate de_DE@euro

  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_ADDRESS
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_COLLATE
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_CTYPE
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_IDENTIFICATION
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_MEASUREMENT
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_MESSAGES
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_MESSAGES/SYS_LC_MESSAGES
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_MONETARY
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_NAME
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_NUMERIC
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_PAPER
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_TELEPHONE
  /usr/lib/locale/de_DE@euro/LC_TIME
  /usr/share/i18n/locales/de_DE@euro

>     The guys on the [email-masked] mailing list will help

I just installed the German language package from Debian 3.0.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]