Subject: Menus and Popups (bug?)

From: Suzanne Skinner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 01:59:21 -0400

Has anyone noticed that in the latest CVS, menus invoked via "Menu <blah>" are
behaving like Popups? Is this a bug or a strange new feature? :-)

Suzanne

-- 
[email-masked] - http://www.igs.net/~tril/
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:25:18 +0930

> behaving like Popups? Is this a bug or a strange new feature? :-)
Yes it's happening for me too. Not only that but on my triple-head
xinerama setup all menus and even the windowlist only popup on the
leftmost screen. And quickly single clicking the Window-Ops menu on
button 1 of any window automatically closes it as well. Very annoying,
but that's what you get when you run bleeding edge cvs!  ;-P

I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Alex

P.S. make rpm-dist still doesn't work.  :(

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 10:52:31 +0200

> but that's what you get when you run bleeding edge cvs!  ;-P

I haven't seen these problems myself, but I'm not surprised
either.  I'm currently overhauling event handling completely.
Such problems will show up and vanish in the transition for a
while.  As a rule of thumb, all should work well in the 2.5.4
release once it's out.  If anything still seems broken, please
report it (again).  In general I try to make releases as stable as
possible and don't care at all what happens in between (as long as
it compiles).

The effects you see come from the fact that the pointer position
in mouse and key events isn't tracked properly at the moment.

All this work is necessary to make tear off menus less intrusive.
The overall goal is to make fvwm fully functional while navigating
through a tear off menu.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]