Subject: Flood of the identical window name changes

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 15:27:00 +0000

Run playing xmms and FvwmDebug, you see a lot of unneeded NAME messages.

I think it is safe to add conditions to XA_WM_NAME and XA_WM_ICON_NAME
handling, so that if the new name is the same as the old one, we return
immediatelly without SET_NAME_CHANGED and BroadcastWindowIconNames. No?

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Ben Mathews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:28:10 -0400

When using the StartButtonRightMargin option the behavior was not 
consistant with what is stated in the man page.  Instead of shifting the 
buttons (StartButtonRightMargin) pixels over, it shifted them (number of 
mini launch buttons)*(StartButtonRightMargin) pixels over.  This patch 
fixes this.

Also removes several redundant StartButtonUpdate calls, and gets rid of 
some code that I had previously commented out but had not removed.

Ben Mathews