Subject: new cvs version numbering scheme

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:04:52 +0200

Mikhael, could you update the DEVELOPERS file with the new cvs
versioning scheme?  Look for the string "-devel" to find the
places that have to be updated.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 09:56:16 +0000

> places that have to be updated.

Yes, of course. But what should I do with "configure.ac" that is not
currently correct? It seems that the current configure.in works ok for
both 2.13 and 2.53 (except for the mistery substr bug that I can't
figure out), so we don't really need configure.ac for now.

We should still use autoconf-2.13 for releasing 2.4.x, but may try
2.53 for 2.5.x when this substr bug is fixed or removed.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:10:29 +0000

On 06 Sep 2002 09:56:16 +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> 
> But what should I do with "configure.ac" that is not currently correct?

Oh, forget it, it is already replaced.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:55:02 +0200

> figure out), so we don't really need configure.ac for now.

configure.ac is just the prefered new name of configure.in.
autoconf-2.53 works fine with the old name, but some Linux
distributions come with a wrapper that runs 2.53 when a
configure.ac file is present and 2.13 otherwise (Debian 3.0).
Needless to say that this creates more problems than it "fixes".

> 2.53 for 2.5.x when this substr bug is fixed or removed.

I don't think it's a bug.  There were subtle changes regarding
quoting in the new autoconf/automake versions.  There is a section
about the necessary changes in the autoconf info page, but I
didn't read it yet.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^