Subject: Fixed - FvwmTaskBar patch to allow shortcut buttons

From: Ben Mathews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 21:54:03 -0400

Attached is the fixed patch that allows shortcut buttons in FvwmTaskBar, 
as well as a couple of new positioning options.    It now does not crash 
when you declare a start button after a minibutton, and a problem with 
using StartMenu (instead of the spiffy new StartCommand) has also been 
fixed.  I have been beating it for a couple of hours now and it seems 
perfectly stable.

My additions (from the man page):

        *FvwmTaskBar: Button Title title, Icon icon, Action action
               Tells FvwmTaskBar to put a shortcut  minibutton  in
               the  taskbar  that  does  action when clicked.  The
               icon can have a caption denoted by title,  an  icon
               denoted  by icon, or a combination of the two.  The
               icons will appear to the  immediate  right  of  the
               start  button,  and  will  appear in the order that
               they are declared in the .fvwm2rc file.

        *FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsLeftMargin margin
               Specifies  the  space  (in pixels) between the left
               side of the left-most window button and  the  right
               side  of  the  start  button or right-most shortcut
               minibutton.  If this option is not  specified,  the
               default margin is 4.

        *FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsRightMargin margin
               Specifies  the  space (in pixels) between the right
               side of the right-most window button and  the  left
               side  of  the clock and tip window.  If this option
               is not specified, the default margin is 2.

        *FvwmTaskBar: StartButtonRightMargin margin
               Specifies the space (in pixels) between  the  right
               side  of  the start button and the left side of the
               left-most shortcut minibutton.  If this  option  is
               not specified, the default margin is 0.

Some sample lines from my fvwm2rc:

*FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsLeftMargin 1
*FvwmTaskBar: WindowButtonsRightMargin 0
*FvwmTaskBar: StartButtonRightMargin 2

*FvwmTaskBar: Button Title Mozilla, Action exec exec 
/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla
*FvwmTaskBar: Button Icon mini.term.xpm, Action exec exec xterm
*FvwmTaskBar: Button Title Freeamp, Icon mini.cd.xpm, Action exec exec 
freeamp

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]