Subject: AutoRaise

From: Bruce M Beach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:48:12 +0000 (UTC)

1) I was looking at the Key function and trying to get a hot key
     from one window to another, or at least trying to modify the
     existing function which is perfect except one thing, it raises
     the window to the top. I use focus-follows mouse and tend to
     use bits and pieces of windows all tiled on top of each other
     and autoraise doesn't do any good, it just defeats the purpose
     of the hotkey since I have to use the mouse to put the windows
     back in place. In general I'd be very happy if I could turn
     all autoraise functions of.

  2) Does anyone know how I can remap a key to another one?
     xmodmap will do the trick but the problem is that one of
     of the keys is an autorepeat kind (I wanted to say typomatic
     but couldn't figure out to spell it.) and the other is of
     the ctrl,alt shift class of keys.

  3) Just for grins I ran a sed script on the man page replacing
     anything immediately after .BI " with "Function: " which turned
     out to be really nice. For instance sometimes I play with the Mouse
     function. You can imagine how long it takes to find the Mouse
     function with a search of "/mouse". Now I type "Function: Mouse"
     and immediately I get:

     Function: Mouse Button Context Modifiers Function
              Defines  a mouse binding, or removes the binding if
              Function is '-'.  Button is the mouse  button  num-
              ber ...

  Bruce

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]