Subject: snapshots not being built

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 11:32:20 +0200

The recent snapshots are broken (PictureDitherMatrice.h missing in
Makefile.am), but there are no error mails on the list.  Is
something wrong with the script trying to build the snapshots?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 09:09:07 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> The recent snapshots are broken (PictureDitherMatrice.h missing in
DV> Makefile.am), but there are no error mails on the list.

The snapshots are being built just fine, though; I just built another
one without error.

DV> Is something wrong with the script trying to build the snapshots?

Nothing other than the fact that it's succeeding.  The script is, as
always:

#!/bin/zsh
VERSION=snap-`/bin/date +%Y%m%d`;
SNAPDIR=/home/ftp/pub/fvwm/devel/snapshots;
TMPF=/tmp/fvwm.snap.$$
rm -f $TMPF
cd ~/fvwm
/usr/bin/cvs -q update -dPA                 >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
/usr/bin/aclocal                            >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
/usr/bin/automake --add-missing             >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
/usr/bin/autoreconf                         >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
./configure                                 >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
/usr/bin/make -k                            >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
/usr/bin/make dist VERSION=$VERSION         >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
mv fvwm-$VERSION.tar.gz $SNAPDIR            >> $TMPF 2>&1 && \
cp -p ChangeLog NEWS $SNAPDIR               >> $TMPF 2>&1
if [ ! -f $SNAPDIR/fvwm-$VERSION.tar.gz ]; then
  mail -s "Problems building $VERSION" [email-masked] < $TMPF;
fi
rm $TMPF

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:40:34 +0200

> Nothing other than the fact that it's succeeding.  The script is, as
[snip]

Hm.  But yesterday's tarball doesn't build.  It chokes on a
missing file.  Is the inclusion of this file controlled by a
preprocessor macro?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Aug 2002 09:51:17 -0500

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> But yesterday's tarball doesn't build.

The snapshot isn't a complete, builds everything test.

 - J<