Subject: MultiPixmap Broken?

From: Eric Gillespie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 03:53:14 -0500

(I'm returning to Fvwm after a long fling with Sawfish and am still
getting my bearings.  I've forgotten a lot, but don't be surprised
if i provide one lame patch or another from time to time :)

While putting together a new fvwm configuration (using fvwm built
from cvs HEAD this morning), i stumbled upon Suzanne Britton's
MultiPixmap stuff (http://www.igs.net/~tril/fvwm/configs/index.html).
It appears to be broken, however.  I notice that the frame code
has been under significant renovation since her patch was committed,
so perhaps this isn't a surprise.

The following minimal .fvwm2rc demonstrates the problem:

###############################################################################
ImagePath /u/home/epg/.fvwm

TitleStyle \
    ActiveUp (MultiPixmap Main blue_metal/title_active.xpm) \
    Inactive (Solid red -- flat)
###############################################################################

The image is originally from Suzanne's site but can also be found
at <http://pretzelnet.org/~epg/tmp/title_active.xpm>, though really
it doesn't matter what image you test with.

If no one else has time to look at this, i'll have time to look
into it next weekend.

Thanks.

-- 
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> [email-masked]

Build a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. -Terry Pratchett
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 11:14:04 +0200

> if i provide one lame patch or another from time to time :)

Hurray! :-)

> so perhaps this isn't a surprise.

I never adapted the multi pixmap patch to the new frame layout
code.  I still hope Suzanne or someone else makes the effort to
do the necessary changes - my to-do list is simply too long to
worry about it at the moment.  I never even had the time to see
what the patch does in the first place.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 12:42:10 +0200

> what the patch does in the first place.

The MultiPixmap stuff is not to far in my todo list (after: finish the
new color limit code, fixed parental relativity in the pager and added
goodies to colorset). In fact I would like to implement
"MultiColorset" in Title and Button style.

Olivier