Subject: re: xview program resize delay

From: elliot sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

> < > Hmmm....on the 20020817 snap, i'm finding that on opening new windows, i'm
> < > getting blocked from focusing windows. No matter what i click into, it wont
> < > take focus.
>
> Turns out i need a <Modifier>click to get focus after a map.
> Using clicktofocus mode.

Traced this to focus.c __check_allow_focus

xview appears to want to refuse focus in order to get focus. (?)
xview window often has sf == NULL.

Hence __check_allow_focus returns True and xview window doesnt get focus.

I added

if (sf == NULL) return False;  // xview may have this condition

and now xview is getting focus.

I dont get it....but it seems to work.

Also, on WindowList ShowPage, it shows the page being viewed rather than the
page each window is on.

I use

sprintf(loc,"%d ",((t->frame_g.x) + Scr.Vx)/Scr.MyDisplayWidth);

I have a 1-D pager, so i only show one number.
I also always show it to the left of the title.

Thanx
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:00:20 +0200

> > Turns out i need a <Modifier>click to get focus after a map.

Please try a newer snapshot.  If it still happens, strib down your
config file to the bare minimum to make it happen and post it
along with exact instructions to make it happen.

> I dont get it....but it seems to work.

Ahem, this effectively prevents that any window not using the
WM_TAKES_FOCUS protocol ever gets focus unless another window is
already focused.

> sprintf(loc,"%d ",((t->frame_g.x) + Scr.Vx)/Scr.MyDisplayWidth);

Oops :-)  Fixed.

> I also always show it to the left of the title.

Well, this has to wait a bit longer.  Perhaps I'll implement some
kind of format string that gives detailed control over the layout.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]