Subject: Notification: incoming/905

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:05:31 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/905

Message summary for PR#905
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Keybindungs do not work
	Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:05:29 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Fri Jul 26 09:05:31 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Keybindungs do not work
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 09:05:29 -0500

Full_Name: Frank Zimmer
Version: 2.4.8
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux Mandrake 8.2 Kernel 2.4.18-6mdk 
X_Server: XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System
(protocol Version 11, revision 0, vendor release 6600)
Release Date: 23 January 2002
Submission from: (NULL) (212.88.192.17)

I can't use any Key, there is no way to have any Shortcut.
I've tried a lot of .fvwm2rc files with differnt bindings but nothing was
helping. Also i restarted first all the Servers, and also the complete
system.
Using KDE i can use Keyboad Shortcuts

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:41:29 +0200

>From the fvwm FAQ:

---------------------------- snip -------------------------
0.1  A few minutes after fvwm is started my keyboard and mouse
     bindings stop working.  What can I do?

A: Probably your NumLock, CapsLock or ScrollLock key is pressed.  See
   Q 5.5 for more details.

--

5.5  Why do NumLock, CapsLock and ScrollLock interfere with
     ClickToFocus and/or my mouse bindings?

A: Because they are treated as modifiers.  You can use the
   IgnoreModifiers command to turn individual modifiers off for
   bindings.  With XFree86 and fvwm version 2.4.0 or above, the
   right command is

     IgnoreModifiers L25

   If you changed your modifiers manually or are using a different
   X server use the 'xmodmap' command to find out which modifiers
   correspond to the keys you want to switch off.

   This command creates a lot of extra network traffic, depending
   on your CPU, network connection, the number of Key, Mouse or
   PointerKey commands in your configuration file and the number
   of modifiers you want to ignore.  If you do not have a
   lightning fast machine or very few bindings you should not
   ignore more than two modifiers.  So do not ignore scroll-lock
   if you have no problem with it.

   A better way to solve this problem is to modify the keyboard
   mapping of your X server.  The commands

     xmodmap -e "clear Lock"
     xmodmap -e "clear Mod2"
     xmodmap -e "clear Mod5"

   remove the CapsLock, NumLock and ScrollLock from the keyboard
   map.  Pressing these keys has no effect then.  To re-add them
   try this:

     xmodmap -e "add Lock = Caps_Lock"
     xmodmap -e "add Mod2 = Num_Lock"
     xmodmap -e "add Mod5 = Scroll_Lock"

   Fvwm has to be restarted to use the changes made by
   xmodmap.  Please refer to the man page of the xmodmap command
   for further details.  If you disable the CapsLock key in your
   keyboard map in this way, you can speed up fvwm a bit by
   removing the Lock modifier from the list of ignored modifiers:

     IgnoreModifiers
---------------------------- snip -------------------------

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, mail: [email-masked], phone: 0721/91374-382
Schlund + Partner AG, Erbprinzenstr. 4-12, D-76133 Karlsruhe
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]