Subject: Re: very strange resizing bug only with fvwm

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 23:59:53 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 12:30:30PM +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> > This is something I reported with an earlier code snippet.
> > It appears as though window managers are not checking for
> > whether the base size property has changed until after
> > the user releases the mouse button from the window
> > frame. Resizing once more sets the window size
> > correctly with the new base size. I wonder
> > whether the limitation lies in the X event reporting system.
> 
> Neither.  It's a qt problem.  Fvwm *does* react to changes in the
> base size, but the application can't seriously expect that this is
> done while the window is being resized.

Anyway, I've made a quick patch that copes with the simple
situation that the base size changes while the window is being
resized.  Next, someone will write an app that resizes itself
while being resized %-P  Really, I'd expect a bit more
thoughfulness at least from the programmers of a GUI library.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]