Subject: Re: problem with TkDiff menues

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 00:23:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Dominik,

> I've committed a workaround in both, the
> stable and the development branch (simply send a ConfigureNotify
> event with the correct window position to the application).

yes, it works fine again now. Thanks a lot !

> This should be fixed in TK and/or tkdiff.  Could you please file a bug
> report there?

sure !

Cheers,
Giuseppe.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 23:08:12 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:15:35PM +0200, Giuseppe Della Ricca wrote:
> Hi !
> 
> I'm having some problems with a Tk application called 'tkdiff'
> (http://www.accurev.com/free/tkdiff/): its menues show up in random positions 
> on the screen ... but after moving the whole window they pop up in the right 
> place.
> 
> I seem to remember it was working fine some months ago, but I'm using the 
> current CVS version of fvwm, and I can't say when it really started.
> 
> I can provide some details of my config, if needed (I don't know where to 
> start looking in this particular case ...).

It seems that TK applications don't know where they are on the
screen right after they are mapped.  TK tries to map the menus
adjacent to the menu bar and fails because of the internal screwed
up idea of its position.  I've committed a workaround in both, the
stable and the development branch (simply send a ConfigureNotify
event with the correct window position to the application).  This
should be fixed in TK and/or tkdiff.  Could you please file a bug
report there?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]