Subject: Notification: incoming/903

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:43:43 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/903

Message summary for PR#903
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Moving operation delayed together with XFree86 4.2.0 xtt module
	Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:43:41 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Sun Jul 07 21:43:43 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Moving operation delayed together with XFree86 4.2.0 xtt module
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 21:43:41 -0500

Full_Name: Yin Wang
Version: 2.5.2, 2.4.8
CVS_Date: 
OS: Redhat Linux 7.2
X_Server: XFree86-SVGA 4.2.0
Submission from: (NULL) (211.159.89.237)

Hi,

  I've beening using my fvwm 2.5.2 and 2.4.8 with Xfree 86 on a Linux
machine.

  All goes well with XFree86 4.1, but when change to 4.2, loaded with "xtt"
(Xwindow True Type) module, when the windows with "old style" scrollbar on
the left, such as xterm, FvwmConsole appear, all the moving operation of
the windows will be delayed, that is, they don't move with the mouse
motion, but they move some time later! There is quiet a few seconds between
your operation and the window movement, and in that period you can't do any
window operation!

  I think this is probably a fvwm bug. Because xterm moves freely with
other Window Managers with xtt loaded on XFree86 4.2.

  I hope this will be fixed soon.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]