Subject: Re: error :)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:30:16 +0200

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 02:29:58PM +0200, [email-masked] wrote:
> hi ;) i was just writing a mail and saw that message in my xconsole:
> [FVWM][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> Authorization Dialog window
> 0x2a0032c has broken (max_height) size hints
> Please report this to [email-masked]
> dunno if it helps ya, but i hope so :)

That message usually means that the application requested a
maximum height for one of its windows that is smaller than the
requested minimum size.  Although fvwm can handle this situation
quite well , it points out a bug in the application that may or may
not be bad.  In later releases, we ask to send the bug report
directly to the programmers of the guilty application, but I
always like to know about the programs that do this.  So, if you
don't mind the additional effort, please forward that message to
the xconsole folks.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 19:14:34 +0000

> don't mind the additional effort, please forward that message to

It's not xconsole folks that should be blamed, but the authors of the
application that opens "Authorization Dialog".

Also upgrading to fvwm-2.4.x is a good idea.

Regards,
Mikhael.