Subject: Notification: incoming/894

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 23:17:47 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/894

Message summary for PR#894
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: ActiveColorset in MenuStyle does not work properly
	Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 23:17:47 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Thu Jun 06 23:17:47 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: ActiveColorset in MenuStyle does not work properly
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 23:17:47 -0500

Full_Name: Nathan Froyd
Version: 2.4.7
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (208.180.9.167)

I am running Debian unstable, fvwm-2.4.7-2.  I am trying to update my
config file to use colorsets; everything else works great, but
ActiveColorset (via MenuStyle does not work).  Using the following .fvwm2rc
lines:

MenuStyle * MenuColorset 7
MenuStyle * ActiveColorset 2

I pop up a menu and mouse over some of the items.  The hilighting (that is,
the borders) of the active menu item correctly uses the background color
from Colorset 2; the text color is the foreground color of Colorset 2.  The
background color of the active menu item is the background color of
Colorset 7.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 08:56:54 +0000

> background color of the active menu item is the background color of

It works without problems for me. What is your colorset 2 definition?

A non-solid background (Pixmap, ?Gradient) can't be used with
ActiveColorset (only with MenuColorset, because this is not implemented),
but a solid color (bg) definitely works. If you don't specify bg, the
default gray is used.

There are minor glitches in 2.4.x, but not something that you normally
notice unless you completely redefine ItemFormat.

Regards,
Mikhael.