Subject: fvwm bug page broken?

From: Dan Astoorian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:57:38 -0400

After submitting a bug report to the web interface at www.fvwm.org (as
"guest"), I received the attached bounce message reporting that
<[email-masked]> is undeliverable.

The "incoming" directory in the bug tracking system doesn't appear to
have any new entries since 05 Apr 2002.

Is this a known problem?

-- 
Dan Astoorian               People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Sysadmin, CSLab             loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
[email-masked]        not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
www.cs.toronto.edu/~djast/  the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican

Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
From: Mail Delivery System <[email-masked]>
To: djast
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:45:30 -0400

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

  [email-masked]
    SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<[email-masked]>:
    host util2.math.uh.edu [129.7.128.23]: 550 unknown user

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: configure --with-xpm-library under Solaris link problem
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:45:30 -0500

Full_Name: Dan Astoorian
Version: 2.4.7
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.8
X_Server: SUNWxwplt
Submission from: (NULL) (128.100.2.38)

When the configure script compiles the test program for XPM support, it
inserts a -L option for the directory specified by the --with-xpm-library
option.  However, if libXpm is a shared object, and is not in the
standard library path, the test program will be unable to locate the
shared object at runtime.

Under SunOS 5.x (Solaris), the library path needs to be declared with -R
options in addition to -L .  This is done for, e.g., $x_libraries, but not
for $xpm_LIBS .

Please note that setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not an acceptable solution.
(See http://www.visi.com/~barr/ldpath.html for a list of reasons why.)

This doesn't appear to have been fixed in the current version, 2.5.1.

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 May 2002 16:04:35 -0500

>>>>> "DA" == Dan Astoorian <[email-masked]> writes:

DA> Is this a known problem?

It is now.  I'll look into it.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 May 2002 16:14:10 -0500

>>>>> "JLT" == Jason L Tibbitts, <Jason> writes:

JLT> I'll look into it.

It should be fixed now.

BTW, Dominik went through and cleaned out a bunch of bugs recently, so
the incoming directory looks somewhat sparse.  A look through the logs
shows that, besides your message, only one other attempt to send mail
to fvwm-bug could be anything other than a spam run.

 - J<

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:11:41 -0400

> This doesn't appear to have been fixed in the current version, 2.5.1.

See the section:

Shared Libraries in Non-standard Places

in the INSTALL.fvwm file.

-- 
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]