Subject: Re: Default Alt-Tab does not focuses

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 21:52:12 +0200

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 08:42:53PM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> Gee, why I notice problems _after_ release.
> 
> With no config file. Open 2 xterm (or FvwmConsole).
> Press Alt-Tab-Tab, release Alt. The pointer is warped, but not the focus.

This is fixed now.  This wasn't new to 2.5.x, though.  It should
have happened in 2.4.x too.  It was one of these pesky race
conditions between EnterNotify events generated by moving or
grabbing/releasing the pointer and calling Focus or FlipFocus in
parallel.  With my change, EnterNotify events are now ignored
after one of these two commands until the next FocusIn event
arrives.  This should lessen the probability of future race
contitions with the focus, but may cause problems elsewhere.
Please keep your eyes open.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]