Subject: Long pinup menus

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 10:30:57 -0400

I have a very long menu, its about 2 1/2 screens worth,
it has a "more..." leading to a "more...".

If I pin up the first menu by clicking on the title with the
middle button, I get a frame and the "more..." line is
repeated twice.  Both "more..." entries lead to the same
submenu, so I guess this is a bug.

I'm unable to pin up the submenu for the "more..." menu,
it has no title, so I don't see what to click on to
pin it up.

-- 
Dan Espen                               E-mail: [email-masked]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214          Phone: (732) 699-5570
Piscataway, NJ 08854
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:59:41 +0200

> submenu, so I guess this is a bug.

I'll check that.

> it has no title, so I don't see what to click on to

The methods to pin menus still need some work in terms of
usability.  At the moment, the only reliable way to pin up a menu
is by pressing backspace.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 06:16:57 -0400

> is by pressing backspace.

OK.

Now that I can pin-up "more..." menus, I see that the third "more..."
menu has a "more..." entry at the top which leads to itself.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:12:29 +0200

> submenu, so I guess this is a bug.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:21:52 +0200

> menu has a "more..." entry at the top which leads to itself.

Should be fixed now.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 07:33:15 -0400

> > menu has a "more..." entry at the top which leads to itself.

Now if you could get the menus to fit on the screen after the frame
is added, this would be approaching perfection.

I suppose I should set a Style up so that there is no frame or title.
I'm not sure there is much you can do about it.
It wouldn't make sense to try to remove entries from the menu
before its pinned-up.  Maybe menus should be restricted to
screen size minus 30 pixels or so before they are pinned.

Is the class "fvwm_menu" a good choice?

Don't most Fvwm names follow the pattern
"FvwmMenu"?

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 14:04:22 +0200

> is added, this would be approaching perfection.

The problem is, the menu code doesn't know how thick the
decorations will be.  And let's not begin to speak of redecorating
already pinned menus.

> screen size minus 30 pixels or so before they are pinned.

Hm.
 
> Don't most Fvwm names follow the pattern

Personally, I don't like names with capitals, but I really don't
care.  I didn't want to use a name that looks like a module name,
but I am more concerned about names that are already used in other
contexts.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^