Subject: MenuStyle problem: menu style * is in use

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 21:51:53 +0000

After any tear-off menu is created (and possibly closed),
"MenuStyle * something" refuses to work until restart:

[FVWM][NewMenuStyle]: <<ERROR>> menu style * is in use

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:40:56 +0200

> "MenuStyle * something" refuses to work until restart:

Hm.  Of course it is in use.  Making a copy of the whole menu
style for each tear off menu seems to be overkill, though.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 13:49:21 +0000

> style for each tear off menu seems to be overkill, though.

Why a menu style is in use after all tear-off menus are closed?
I.e. the question is why ST_USAGE_COUNT is not 0 in this case.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 11:47:15 +0200

> I.e. the question is why ST_USAGE_COUNT is not 0 in this case.

Ah, I see.  When the menu is torn off, the ST_USAGE_COUNT is
decreased by 1 (to 0), but not increased again when the tear off
menu is swallowed in the window frame.  When it is finally closed,
the usage count is decreased by another 1.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 13:12:14 +0200

> > style for each tear off menu seems to be overkill, though.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^