Subject: configure fix

From: Nadim Shaikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:52:53 -0700 (PDT)

There seems to be a error in the configure script regarding its checks
for perl (snap-20020416) - I'm attaching a patch (so that the lines
don't get wrapped) that corrects that error and realigns that code
fragment for better readability.

 - Nadim

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - online filing with TurboTax
http://taxes.yahoo.com/

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 20:35:12 +0000

> fragment for better readability.

It seems that you removed "!" and didn't change anything else.
Please never patch configure. :) Patch configure.in instead.

You are right about "!", I will apply this fix (a bit improved):

-if test ! -z "$PERL";
+if test -z "$PERL" -o ! -e "$PERL"; then

I hope this is portable, I am not sure -x is portable regarding symlinks.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]