Subject: Free allocated memory before/after restart

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:16:57 +0200

Hi there,

I have been writing a small patch for fvwm2, which provides a build-in
command called EdgeCommand. It binds a given command to one or all pan
frames. The command is executed when the mouse enters the  pan  frame.
So  for  example one can bind the command "Raise (FvwmTaskbar)" to one
edge. What I have tested so far was quite stable. (No crashes  or  seg
faults.) 

Before I submit the  patch  I  want  to  make  sure  that  the  memory
management  is done correctly, since I am not sure if allocated memory
must be freed in case of a restart. For the  EdgeCommands  I  allocate
memory dynamically to store the command strings which will be executed
when the mouse enters the pan frame. Do I need to free this memory  in
case of a restart? If so, which function is normally used to do that? 

Thanks,

Uwe
-- 
+--------------------------------------------------
| Uwe Pross 
| mail : mailto:[email-masked]
| www  : http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
+--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]