Subject: colorsets are now completely broken

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:23:20 +0200

Wasn't it planned to make the new code complatible with the old
FvwmTheme way?  Now, all my colour sets are gone.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:33:29 +0100

>FvwmTheme way?  Now, all my colour sets are gone.
Yes, I don't know what's gone wrong. The differences between FvwmTheme.c 
and colorset.c are fairly minor and I didn't have a problem with a 
TrueColor display. I've switched to a PseudoColor and things are going 
wrong. Things that have changed are:

    * The error handler, it used to core dump on just a few and was
      silent on the rest, now it prints a message
    * The cleanup routine that is used after a colorset pixmap is
      changed, it used to wait for a period of inactivity before
      deleting it, now it just waits 3 seconds for the change.

Neither of these should have broken things badly, is it possible to get 
an equivalnce check between the current colorset.c and the one I sent 
in? I don't think the reformatting could have broken anything.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:15:13 +0000

> in? I don't think the reformatting could have broken anything.

I just replaced the colorset.c in cvs with the one you sent (changing
s/FVWMTHEME_PRIVATE/FVWM_COLORSET_PRIVATE/) and I get exectly the same
results as mentioned in my other message with my depth 24, 16 and even 8.

Everything works for me except for gradients. Well, this means most of
fvwm-themes colors@ work except for colors@luthien that uses VGradient.

I may suggest to temporarily comment out all *FvwmTheme ... VGradient.
Or you say anything else except for gradients are broken too?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 12:55:21 +0200

> in? I don't think the reformatting could have broken anything.

No, that's not my problem.  I fell for the renamed executable.  I
still started fvwm2 in my .xinitrc.  Once I changed that,
everything works fine here.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:48:51 +0000

> everything works fine here.

This problem can't happen if a user uses "make install". The old fvwm2
is replaced with a symlink pointed to fvwm, so running fvwm2 is safe.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:43:32 +0200

> Or you say anything else except for gradients are broken too?

No, with the correct executable, everything works fine, even the
gradients you mentioned.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^