Subject: FvwmWinList scrambled by window closing

From: tim phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:07:40 +0100

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
compiler flags: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.1
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.5.1
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	FvwmWinList gets messed up when the window at the top of the list
	closes. It looks like the old window names are not erased when the
	windowlist is redrawn.

Repeat-By:
	*FvwmWinList: FollowWindowList
	Start several windows with different names
	Close one
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 15:54:24 +0100

[email-masked] wrote:
> 	Close on

I think this might be a bit_gravity problem. I can't get FvwmWinList to 
have a gravity of anything other than NorthWest. Does fvwm2 force this?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:22:03 +0200

> have a gravity of anything other than NorthWest. Does fvwm2 force this?

Yes, it's essential to reduce redraws with opaque resize.  I could
restore the bit_gravity if that helps.  But for me, the problem
begins earlier:  The FvwmWinList window does not resize at all.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:53:24 +0100

> begins earlier:  The FvwmWinList window does not resize at all.
The following patch removes the bit_gravity setting that fvwm does and 
it fixes the problem with FvwmWinList. I don't think we should be 
changing a clients bit gravity since I don't think there is a way to 
tell the client we have done so. I don't know what the ICCCM has to say 
about it.

The problem only occurs when FvwmWinList resizes itself. Is it possible 
to only force the bit gravity when fvwm is doing the resizing?

Cheers,
Tim.
Index: fvwm/frame.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /u/phippst/share/cvsroot/fvwm/fvwm/frame.c,v
retrieving revision 1.10
diff -u -r1.10 frame.c
--- fvwm/frame.c	2002/04/02 08:59:39	1.10
+++ fvwm/frame.c	2002/04/10 09:07:57
@@ -525,12 +525,10 @@
 	int i;
 
 	/* using bit gravity can reduce redrawing dramatically */
-	valuemask = CWWinGravity | CWBitGravity;
+	valuemask = CWWinGravity;
 	xcwa.win_gravity = grav->client_grav;
-	xcwa.bit_gravity = grav->client_grav;
 	XChangeWindowAttributes(dpy, FW_W(fw), valuemask, &xcwa);
 	xcwa.win_gravity = grav->parent_grav;
-	valuemask = CWWinGravity;
 	XChangeWindowAttributes(dpy, FW_W_PARENT(fw), valuemask, &xcwa);
 	if (!HAS_TITLE(fw))
 	{