Subject: Re: FVWM: Problem with TaskBar option DeskOnly in version 2.5.1

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:52:58 +0000

On 30 Apr 2002 09:26:45 +0200, Uwe Pross wrote:
> 
> The problems with TaskBar Option DeskOnly were said  to  be  fixed  in
> version 2.4.7.  
> Yesterday I realized that the problems are still  present  in  version
> 2.5.1.  Has this been fixed in the 2.4 branch only? If so, can this be
> done for versions 2.5.x as well?  

Fixes are always done to 2.5.x and sometimes backported to 2.4.x.

What is the problem again? I can't see anything wrong with DeskOnly.
I.e. moving to another desk and StickyIcon work as expected for me.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:30:02 +0200

> I.e. moving to another desk and StickyIcon work as expected for me.

StickyIcon does not work on my system. But I am not sure  if  this  is
the  only  thing  which  does not work. I remember there was a problem
when a window was removed from a desk. It does not disappear from  the
TaskBar.  Instead  it  was  displayed twice. These problems occured in
version 2.5.0. 

Since I upgrated to 2.5.1 I have not checked for both problems,  since
I thought that it is still the same code as in 2.5.0.

The problem occurs on my computer at home. So I  can  check  it  again
tonight or tomorrow. I will post the result to this list. 

Uwe
-- 
+--------------------------------------------------
| Uwe Pross 
| mail : mailto:[email-masked]
| www  : http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
+--------------------------------------------------
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Uwe Pross <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:30:43 +0200

> tonight or tomorrow. I will post the result to this list. 

The problem is only the one with StickyIcon style. Windows  which  are
iconified  and  therefore  sticky  disappear  from  the TaskBar when I
switch to another desk. 

I played a little bit around and realized the additional problems: 

- using taskbar option PageOnly iconified windows remain on the
  taskbar when I change to another page but disappear from the taskbar
  when I change to another desk.

- using taskbar only with the taskbar option AutoStick and not with
  'Style FvwmTaskBar Sticky' completely fails. When changing to
  another page sometimes the taskbar appears on top of the screen,
  sometimes on bottom, sometimes it disappears at all. 

Just in case: I have put my .fvwm2rc on the web:
 http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp/download/fvwm2rc_TaskBarProblem.gz

Uwe
-- 
+----------------------------------------------
| Uwe Pross
| mail : mailto:[email-masked]
| www  : http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~uwp
+----------------------------------------------

Have a nice day ;-).

-----------------------------------------------