Subject: Notification: incoming/872

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:39:23 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/872

Message summary for PR#872
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: man page typos
	Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:39:21 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Apr 09 11:39:22 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: man page typos
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:39:21 -0500

Full_Name: Edward Welbourne
Version: fvwm2/2.3, fvwm/2.4.6-1
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.2.19pre17; Debian 3.0
X_Server: XFree86
Submission from: (NULL) (193.69.113.22)

In the man page for fvwm2(1): 
final paragraph of DESCRIPTION, just before OPTIONS: <pre><quote>

       Other noteworthy differences between Fvwm  and  other  X11
       window  managers  are  the introduction of the SloppyFocus
       and per-window focus methods.  SloppyFocus  is  focus-fol-
       lows-mouse, but focus is not removed from windows when the
       mouse leaves a window and enters the  root  window.   When
       SloppyFocus is used as the default focus style, it is nice
       to make windows in which you do not  typically  type  into
       (xmag, xman, xgraph, xclock, xbiff, etc.).  NeverFocus, so
       that your terminal window doesn't lose  focus  unnecessar-
       ily.

</quote></pre>

Should include NeverFocus with SloppyFocus in initial summary sentence.
Uses `windows in which you ... not type into' repeating `in' usage.
Last two `sentences' aren't sentences.  Suggestion: <suggest>

Fvwm introduces some focus idioms improving greatly on other X11 
window managers.  Focus policy can be specified for individual
windows.  Windows using SloppyFocus acquire focus when the pointer
moves into them and retain focus until some other window acquires it.
The NeverFocus policy is provided for use with windows into which
one never types (e.g. [xo]clock, xbiff, xeyes, tuxeyes) - for example, if
a SloppyFocus terminal window has focus, moving the cursor over a
NeverFocus decoration window won't deprive the terminal of focus.

</suggest>

SloppyFocus rocks ;^)
Once experienced, all other focus policies <em>hurt</em>.
I've yet to try NeverFocus (new to me) but it sounds the perfect
accompaniment.

Thanks for a WM that's a pleasure to use, rather than sucking like all the
rest.
More reports when I've logged out and back in ...

      Eddy.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:03:38 +0200

> NeverFocus decoration window won't deprive the terminal of focus.

Thanks for the pointer.  I have applied this change with a little
modification.

> Once experienced, all other focus policies <em>hurt</em>.

In the mean time, many other window managers have implemented
SloppyFocus too.

> I've yet to try NeverFocus (new to me) but it sounds the perfect

Very usefull for FvwmPager, FvwmButtons, etc.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Edward Welbourne <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:04:23 +0200

> In the mean time, many other window managers have implemented

thus illustrating: immitation is the sincerest form of *praise*.
By the way, thank you for not having patented SloppyFocus !

	Eddy.
--
My interest is in the future because
I am going to spend the rest of my life there.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]