Subject: resize problem in FvwmIconMan

From: "Derek B. Noonburg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:10:39 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed 2.5.1 (which includes the weighted sorting patch I
submitted), and I'm seeing a strange bug in FvwmIconMan.  Sometimes when
I iconify a window, the FvwmIconMan window doesn't get resized to hold
the extra button.  (I have showonlyiconic turned on.)  Sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't.  If I uniconify the window and reiconify,
it usually ends up correct.  I did not see this behavior in 2.4.7 (also
with my patch).

I did some debugging within FvwmIconMan, and it looks like
XMoveResizeWindow is being called (from resize_window) with the correct
values, but the X server is just ignoring it.  XMoveResizeWindow is
always called correctly, but the results are random - sometimes the
window gets resizes, sometimes it doesn't.

I know the window manager interacts with the X server on window moves
and resizes, but I'm not familiar with the details, and I have no idea
how this would relate to module windows (if at all).  Did something get
changed in 2.5.x that would cause this problem?  Any other ideas?

- Derek

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]