Subject: FvwmIconMan looping

From: tim phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 12:16:42 +0000

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
compiler flags: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.1
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.5.1
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	I have FvwmIconMan set up to change the focus by just moving the
	mouse to the FvwmIconMan button. This used to work OK but now
	I get and endless loop of Focus events.

Repeat-By:
	*FvwmIconMan: *Action Select SendCommand FlipFocus
	
	FlipFocus causes a new_page message even if it is not necessary
	and I think fvwm also grabs the pointer even if the focus is not
	actually changing. The grab results in FvwmIconMan thinking that
	the pointer has moved and it sends the FlipFocus command again...

Fix:
	FvwmIconMan could be fixed to not do a Select command if the pointer
	has not actaully moved, or fvwm could not do som much page moving/grabbing
	if not necessary.
	
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]