Subject: window not hilighted

From: tim phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 09:39:26 +0000

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
compiler flags: gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int

FVWM Version:	2.5.1
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.5.1
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	The new window code sometimes does not hilight the focused window.

Repeat-By:

AddToFunc test
+ I MoveToDesk 0 -1
+ I MoveTodesk 0
Current test

The focused window is moved to desk -1 and then back, the focus doesn't change
but the window borders are drawn as though it is unfocused.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:05:58 +0200

> but the window borders are drawn as though it is unfocused.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:17:05 +0200

> but the window borders are drawn as though it is unfocused.

There are - in my eyes - two bugs, possibly three.

 1) The window border is not redrawn when the window is moved back
    to the current desk.  Or maybe it is redrawn, but not
    correctly.

 2) The window seems to be unhilighted when it's moved to a
    different desk.  In fact, it should not be drawn at all since
    it's already unmapped.

 3) Probably the reason for (1) and (2):  Although the window is
    unmapped and moved to another desk, fvwm still thinks it holds
    the current desk's focus.  This is why it receives focus when
    it's moved back to the current desk.  In my eyes, this is a
    bug. The function above should remove focus from the window.
    Opinions?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^