Subject: new decoration code

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 17:19:01 +0000

A few problems.

When window is deiconified the decorations are not focused.

Style NoButton n seems to work ok, but Button n requires Recapture.

Menu hints from window buttons and border work now, but not from title.
I.e. invoke a menu by clicking on a title.

Some decorations look very strange with side titles. :) But maybe it's ok.
Ideally everything should be rotated in one or another direction, the same
setting as for title text may be used: pixmaps, button vectors, gradients.
I did not test MultiPixmap titlebars yet.

I am very pleased to see that there is no any flickering in decorations
and a title text whatever you do with windows. Even with pixmap titles.
Move/Resize/WindowShade are just perfect. Something I only dreamed about.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:41:42 +0000

> I.e. invoke a menu by clicking on a title.

Thanks, all are fixed now.

Forgot to say that NoHandles do not work again.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:26:39 +0100

> When window is deiconified the decorations are not focused.

Fixed.  Now that the code makes proper checks which parts have to
be drawn, many old 'bugs' surface.  The code worked only by trial
and error and was doomed to break when other things were changed.
 
> Style NoButton n seems to work ok, but Button n requires Recapture.

Fixed.  The button window was not mapped.

> I.e. invoke a menu by clicking on a title.

Fixed, but it works slightly different now.  The menu can now use
the full width of the window.

> setting as for title text may be used: pixmaps, button vectors, gradients.

I'm reluctant to do this.  We'd have to rotate the same pixmaps
again and again when it would be so much easier to rotate them
externally.

> I did not test MultiPixmap titlebars yet.

I never once took a look at that feature, so expect it to be badly
broken.  I had to do some changes that modify the semantics of
some parts.

> Move/Resize/WindowShade are just perfect. Something I only dreamed about.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 00:24:41 +0000

> again and again when it would be so much easier to rotate them

But then there should be a way to specify separate pixmaps, button
vectors and gradients for side titles, or even for each title direction.

Also this forces a user wishing to have a consistent look of side titles
to manually do a duplication and rotation of configs and images, something
that fvwm could automatically do for him.

I don't think rotation of button vectors is hard or slow, I may do it.
On the other hand, button vectors and mini icons may stay non-rotated,
this is not as critical as tiled pixmaps and gradients.

If we use colorsets in titles, rotation of pixmaps and gradients may be
done by automatical creating (and reusing) of a new rotated colorset
that is only used internally for side titles. This colorset rotation
mechanism may be used in other places, for example in the new-way pixmap
borders where only top border is defined, other 3 are evaluated from it.

Just my opinion. And this is not urgent for now.

Regards,
Mikhael.