Subject: Re: fvwm configurator

From: "Narendra.M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:49:34 +0530

Hello people,

I am working on a X based configurator for the FVWM series of window 
managers. It has come through 6 releases and is getting more bug-free and 
I am adding more features.

Have a look at it at fvwmrcedit.sourceforge.net. I would look forward to 
comments from you people.

By the way, I am an 18 year old, doing my 1st year in a degree course in 
telecommunications and live in Bangalore, India. 

Hope to hear from you guys......

Bye...........
Narendra.M.Acharya

narendra.netfirms.com
fvwmrcedit.sourceforge.net

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:06:44 +0100

> comments from you people.

After recovering from a disk crash I took a look at the tool.  The
first thing I noticed is that it uses fvwm-1.x syntax.  We're now
many years into fvwm-2.x developtment and the configuration syntax
has changed drastically.  I'm not sure it's even useful to still
support the old version.  Other than that, it seems to do a good
job of maintaining a limited set of configuration options.  It
would be cool if it were possible to get help on the specific
options - maybe by automatically extracting portions of the man
page, but that requires to change the documentation on a big
scale.  You should definitely take a look at the fvwm-themes
package (a link in on the fvwm home page).  It already does a lot
of similar work.  It even has its own mailing list.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

P.S.: Please don't forget to use a subject in your mail.

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Narendra.M." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 07:52:36 +0530

Hello Dominik,

>job of maintaining a limited set of configuration options. 

Thats exactly why I subscribed to this mailing list. I am  just a starter in 
such developmental work and hence wanted some tips and help from you 
people.

I will look into the changes that have to be made regd the FVWM 2 
syntax. I beleive I have the necessary documentation to do so. 

> It would be cool if it were possible to get help on the specific
>scale. 
Thats a big ask. Probably can supply my own documentation with the app 
segregated for different functions.

> You should definitely take a look at the fvwm-themes

Will do so..

I would like to know whether you got sources via CVS or the download 
page. I think I have made a few important changes that havent been made 
into a release yet.

Bye!!

Narendra.M.Acharya

narendra.netfirms.com