Subject: FvwmButtons - weirdness with panels that have borders

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:45:32 +0000

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-38 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-implicit-int
prefix: /u/phippst/sunos

FVWM Version:	2.5.1
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.5.1
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	I have a panel that hangs on a window with a border and titlebar.
	When the panel is up it looks fine but shading it leaves something
	behind. Lowering the window leaves bits on top of other windows.

Repeat-By:

*Buttons: (Title (Side) " " Icon mini/mail.xpm Panel (Respawn Steps 0 \
   Position Module Left 25 0) "Mail & Newsgroups" "Exec mozilla -mail")

	It's not mozilla, xterms have the same problem. It's like some of the
	fvwm windows around the client are getting seperated from the parent.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 15:37:09 +0000

>    Position Module Left 25 0) "Mail & Newsgroups" "Exec mozilla -mail")
More info:

Setting the step count higher than 1 gets rid of most of the problems 
but the titlebar of the panel seem to be above other windows even when 
the panel is lowered beneath others.

Does FvwmButtons mess with the fvwm_windows? Could any of the 
sub-windows be reparented back to the root?

Cheers,
Tim.