Subject: bug w/ ewmh window state transitions

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2002 09:58:34 -0500

Mail from Dominik:

There is a bug with the ewmh code that forces windows that
temporarily withdraw their windows into iconic state when they map
again.  There is a similar problem for shaded windows and possibly
other states too.  It's easy to reproduce:

 1) Fire up an FvwmButtons that has a panel.
 2) Open the panel.
 3) Iconify/Shade/... the panel
 4) Open the panel again by pressing on the panel button.

Now, the panels should be mapped again, but instead the icon is
unmapped and then mapped again.  I tracked that down into the
EWMH_GetStyle function.  What FvwmButtons does is this:

 - XWithdrawWindow()
 - set wm hints to start the window in normal state
 - XMapWindow()

But the code in EWMH_GetStyle() sets the do_start_iconic flag of
the style structure.  I think there should be some EWMH_... call
to set the EWMH state hint around line 1502 in events.c:

  SetMapStateProp (Tmp_win, WithdrawnState);

(or probably outside the enclosing if-clause).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:08:43 +0100

> (or probably outside the enclosing if-clause).

Yes, Fixed. Olivier