Subject: Re: FvwmButtons - weirdness with panels that have borders

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 12:52:58 -0500

Mail manually forwarded from Dominik:

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 03:37:09PM +0000, Tim Phipps wrote:
> [email-masked] wrote:
> > Description:
> > 	I have a panel that hangs on a window with a border and titlebar.
> > 	When the panel is up it looks fine but shading it leaves something
> > 	behind. Lowering the window leaves bits on top of other windows.
> > 
> > Repeat-By:
> > 
> > *Buttons: (Title (Side) " " Icon mini/mail.xpm Panel (Respawn Steps 0 \
> >    Position Module Left 25 0) "Mail & Newsgroups" "Exec mozilla -mail")
> More info:
> 
> Setting the step count higher than 1 gets rid of most of the problems 
> but the titlebar of the panel seem to be above other windows even when 
> the panel is lowered beneath others.

Can you make a screenshot?

> Does FvwmButtons mess with the fvwm_windows?

It only withdraws, maps and resizes the frame.

> Could any of the sub-windows be reparented back to the root?

I've no idea how this could happen.

BTW, I tried that with "steps 200", and now sometimes fvwm hangs
in a "PositiveWrite" call when reading input from FvwmEvent. 

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:53:57 +0000

> Can you make a screenshot?

I just tried and the problem has gone away. The only thing I've done is 
restart the X server so it looks like that is the source of the 
weirdness (it was very wierd, I've never seen just parts of a window 
overlap others)

Cheers,
Tim.