Subject: FvwmConsole freezes when maximized if compiled w/ --enable-efence

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 02:09:21 +0100

I compiled FvwmConsole with --enable-efence.  Now, when I maximize
It, the terminal window stops to accept key presses.  I can see
that it still gets focus (the cursor is as a frame when it doesn't
have focus).  I can also mark text, but I doesn't take any input.
This probably means that one of the processes is frozen, but I
can't think of a way how to debug this:

  FvwmConsole (server process)
    xterm (terminal window)
      FvwmConsoleC (process that handles fvwm input)
        FvwmConsoleC (process that handles keyboard input)

Ddd fails to work in any useful way when it's attached to the
process handling keyboard input - it just spews forth a myriad of
error messages.

This may be related to the fact that FvwmConsole eats up some of
the input if a lot of text is pasted into its window fast.  If
anybody feels inclined to look at the signal and i/o handling in
the module (or even better: clean it up) I'd be grateful.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]