Subject: Re: FVWM: Click in a window raises, move marks, can I?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:06:05 +0100

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 03:31:10PM +0200, Anssi Saari wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 10:38:24PM +0100, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> 
> > I found a way to implement this.  Try 
> > 
> >   Style * MouseFocusClickIgnoreMotion
>  
> All right! It works great. Well, I assume one is supposed to use this
> with MouseFocusClickRaises?

Works with any focus model but ClickToFocus.

> There's a slight problem, as now any mouse
> click, including moving the wheel raises the window. Well, a scrollbar
> can still be dragged without raising the window, of course.

That not new.  MouseFocusClickRaises has always worked with any
mouse button, not just the button 1.

> I also noticed it's easy to nudge the mouse or click before you stop
> the mouse completely, so maybe a threshhold setting for what is actually
> considered moving might be good.

It already uses the threshold defined with the MoveThreshold
command.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Anssi Saari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 21:15:56 +0200

> mouse button, not just the button 1.
 
OK, it was just my idea that customization of this might be enjoyable,
for the mouse wheel for example. Also some new web browsers jump to a URL
from Selection with mouse-2 click.

> It already uses the threshold defined with the MoveThreshold

Ah, of course. 
I have also noticed that in the CVS version, GrabFocusTransient seems
to default to off, even though the manual still says it's on by default.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Anssi Saari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:31:10 +0200

All right! It works great. Well, I assume one is supposed to use this
with MouseFocusClickRaises?  There's a slight problem, as now any mouse
click, including moving the wheel raises the window. Well, a scrollbar
can still be dragged without raising the window, of course.

I also noticed it's easy to nudge the mouse or click before you stop
the mouse completely, so maybe a threshhold setting for what is actually
considered moving might be good. But that's icing on the cake.

Great work!