Subject: Notification: incoming/845

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:52:45 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/845

Message summary for PR#845
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: stroke support doesn't compile
	Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:52:43 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Wed Jan 16 14:52:45 2002
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: stroke support doesn't compile
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:52:43 -0600

Full_Name: Maarten Broekman
Version: 2.4.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: solaris8
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (171.78.176.49)

Under Solaris8, I have compiled libstroke-0.51 and am attempting to build
that into fvwm2.4.4.  Unfortunately, the configure script doesn't put all
the needed options into the conftest compilation.  Using the following
commandline:
./configure --with-stroke-library=/usr/local/lib
--with-stroke-includes=/usr/local/include --with-x
the default configure script tries to do the following:
gcc -o conftest -g -O2 test.c -lstroke -L/usr/local/lib -lstroke
-L/usr/openwin/lib -R/usr/openwin/lib

This results in:
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
XSetWMProtocols                     /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XSetLineAttributes                  /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XSetStandardProperties              /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XFlush                              /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XDrawLine                           /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XUnmapWindow                        /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XCreateGC                           /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XMapRaised                          /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XGetWindowAttributes                /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XCreateSimpleWindow                 /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XSetFunction                        /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XChangeWindowAttributes             /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
XInternAtom                         /usr/local/lib/libstroke.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

By adding -lXext -lX11 to the configure script line 2904, the conftest
compiles correctly.  Testing from the commandline seems to indicate that
either -lXext or -lX11 is sufficient for the conftest to compile
successfully.

--Maarten Broekman

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:05:38 +0100

> either -lXext or -lX11 is sufficient for the conftest to compile

I have committed a fix for this.  Since this doesn't happen for
me, can you please try that with the recent code from CVS or 
tomorrow's snapshot?  If it works this way the patch goes into
the next stable and beta releases (2.4.5 and 2.5.0).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]