Subject: 2.5.0 problems

From: Elliot Sowadsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 19:55:20 -0800 (PST)

Solaris 2.5.1

2 problems...

1) Warning on startup and window updates...
 [FVWM][convert_charsets]: <<WARNING>> conversion from `' to `UTF8' fail (init)

What is this convert_charsets?

2) xview icons that under previous versions first appeared in top left corner
but moved to iconbox afterwards (tho may have required mouseover to trigger
move) now stay in top left corner.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 07:29:39 +0100

> What is this convert_charsets?

This came from the "extended window manager hints" fvwm support.
fvwm detects that your locale charset is "". It seems to me
that your locale is broken but of course there is a fvwm bug here.
You can try to export to the world the env variable CHARSET and
set it to "ISO-8859-1" for example.

> move) now stay in top left corner.

You may try to use

	Style * NoIconPosition

But I do not think that fvwm changes its behavior regarding this
style in 2.5.0.

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:45:02 +0100

> move) now stay in top left corner.

Can you give detailed instructions how to see this?  I have
rewritten large parts of the icon code and fully expect
problems (remember: 2.5.0 is an alpha release).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]