Subject: Notification: incoming/821

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:54:44 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/821

Message summary for PR#821
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Focus handling
	Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:54:43 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Mon Dec 03 08:54:44 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Focus handling
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:54:43 -0600

Full_Name: Håkon Hallingstad
Version: 2.3.31
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.4.4
X_Server: 3.3.6
Submission from: (NULL) (129.241.131.213)

I use Meta-Tab to select another window on the WindowList. But 
the focus stays with the window under the mouse pointer.

I use SloppyFocus

(Initially .fvwm2rc warped the pointer to the window. I have turned that
 off.)

It looks as if the new window gets focus, but looses it immediately as the
pointer's position is restored (from the menu- to its pre-position).

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:24:18 +0100

> pointer's position is restored (from the menu- to its pre-position).

That's how SloppyFocus is intended to work: the window under the
pointer has the focus.  There is not much you can do about this.
When the menu closes, the pointer enters the window below it,
generating an EnterNotify event.  There is no way fvwm can know
why this event was generated and if it should ignore the event or
transfer focus.  The only reliable way to get the focus where you
want with SloppyFocus is to warp the pointer.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]