Subject: Notification: incoming/834

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:32:26 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/834

Message summary for PR#834
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Extremely wide windows sometimes
	Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:32:25 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Mon Dec 24 12:32:25 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Extremely wide windows sometimes
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:32:25 -0600

Full_Name: Terry Gliedt
Version: 2.4.3
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris or Linux
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (141.211.50.134)

I run with 'DeskTopSize 3 2'. Sometimes nedit will open a window that is
three screens wide (apparently not properly figuring out how wide my
viewing area is).  This does not happen with other window managers (CDE,
MWM, gnome, kde etc) which makes me suspect that FVWM is doing something
unexpected.

This does not happen all the time, only for large files (may have
something
to do with the length of the first few records or the like). Have you
ever had something like this reported for nedit or other apps?

Once I encounter a file which nedit misbehaves with, it is 100
reproducible.

I'm also reporting this on nedit.org, but since I only observe it with
FVWM,
I am focusing here.

This occurs on Solaris 5 and 7 and Linux (Slackware 7 or 8, both the more
recent XFree release and the one just before that, sorry I can't check
releases at the moment).

TIA for any insight you can offer.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 08:32:51 -0500

[email-masked] writes:
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> FVWM, I am focusing here.
> 

In the past we've seen problems with applications setting incorrect
window size hints.  The output from "xwininfo -all" might help.

The release of nedit you are using might help.

I tried a file with 1 4000 character wide record and couldn't reproduce
the problem.  Do you have any more ideas about the file needed to
create the problem?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]