Subject: New Extended{Window,Icon}Name styles

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:02:38 +0100

Hello,

I've added two new styles (which have nothing to do with
the EWMH spec.). Here the doc:

The ExtendedWindowName style cause fvwm to use as window title
name a string of the form: name (i)
where name is the exact window name and i is an integer which
intends to represent the ith window with name as window name.
SimpleWindowName restore the default which is to use the exact
window name. ExtendedIconName and SimpleIconName work exactly
as the ExtendedIconName and SimpleIconName styles but for the
icons titles.

These styles are somewhere in the bug tracking system as a
feature request and I remember that we have found that this
request was a good idea. I do not know if I choose good names
for these styles if one want others name I will do all the
appropriate change.

The module part of the implementation (as some fixes) is on
the road.

Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 20:12:36 +0000

> for these styles if one want others name I will do all the

UseIndexedWindowName / UseExactWindowName?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 06:38:04 +0100

> UseIndexedWindowName / UseExactWindowName?

What about: IndexedWindowName / ExactWindowName

Olivier