Subject: HAVE_EWMH in virtual.c

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:00:31 +0100

As simple as it looks to leave the ifdefs in virtual.c, this won't
work as expected.  The changes I made to become ICCCM2 compliant
there included more than patching virtual.c.  Personally, I'd
completely ignore the EWMH spec there since it (intentionally)
conflicts with the ICCCM2.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 17:54:00 +0100

> conflicts with the ICCCM2.

Yes, but

(i). I do not see what kind of problem the "new" code can cause
(I do not say that it does not cause some problems, I just never
see a problem with it)
(ii). Without this code a compliant task bar will show (and think that)
all windows not in the current desktop are iconified.

Maybe the good solution is to add a command as:
	EWMHBrokenSupport [bool]
?

Olivier