Subject: LateX version of the fvwm2 manual with hypertext links

From: Sian Leitch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 22:23:59 +0000

Dear Fellows fvwm-addicts

Herewith as an attachment, the Fvwm2 manual in LaTeX form complete
with hyptertext links which operate when the manual is viewed using
`xdvi'. I recommend the following commands:-

Unpack the tar file:-
   tar xzf fvwm2-manual.tar.gz
Prepare the DVI file:-
   latex fvwm2
   makeindex -o fvwm2.ino -s fvwm2.ist fvwm2.idx
   uniq -t} -f1 -w4 fvwm2.ino >fvwm2.ind
   latex fvwm2
The second run of latex is needed to get the cross-references right.
If the log file mentions that latex will need rerunning, rerun it
(for the third time).

To display the manual:-
   xdvi -hl red2 latex.dvi

Let me know if you are willing to give me update access to the CVS
tree.

Sincerely

Sian
-- 
Dr. Ing. Sian Leitch
Software Engineer specialising in Algol 68
Algol 68 for Linux is available from
<http://www.sleitch.nildram.co.uk/>

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:45:15 +0100

>    makeindex -o fvwm2.ino -s fvwm2.ist fvwm2.idx

The second command fails for me with this error message:

  Index style file fvwm2.ist not found.
  Usage: makeindex [-ilqrcg] [-s sty] [-o ind] [-t log] [-p num] [idx0 idx1 ...]

I can view it without building the index, though.

Some of the lists look a bit strange, e.g. for "Style" and
"WindowList".  In the first line of the style list, the space of
the indentation is underlined along with the firts word
"BorderWidth".

> If the log file mentions that latex will need rerunning, rerun it

We certainly appreciate your work on the documentation.  I just
wonder is this can be done automatically from a common source
format or by converting the man page with a script.  Otherwise the
LaTeX document will get out of sync soon (actually, it already
is).  Furthermore, if there were a conversion script, this could
be used on the module man pages too.

> Let me know if you are willing to give me update access to the CVS

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]