Subject: Re: Odd bit of code...

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 18:30:03 +0200

On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 03:50:06AM -0400, Suzanne Britton wrote:
> Greets,
> 
> I've been playing with the fvwm code lately, and I just noticed this odd bit
> in DestroyFvwmDecor (builtins.c):
> 
>   for (i = 0; i < BS_MaxButtonState; ++i)
>   {
>     int j = 0;
>     for (; j < BS_MaxButtonState; ++j)
>       FreeDecorFace(dpy, &TB_STATE(decor->titlebar)[i]);
>   }
> 
> Is the inner loop necessary?

I guess not :-)

> If so...can someone explain it to me? :-)

Hard to say.  The decor code looked like this right from the
start (the oldest release I can find it in is 2.0.46).  I guess
this double loop was originally meant to delete the various states
of a decor (like "inactive", "active", "pressed" ...), but the
FreeDecorFace() function takes care of this anyway.  Or it's a
cut-and-paste mistake (similar code can be found in
InitFvwmDecor()).  Anyway, I'll just remove the second loop.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]