Subject: A small question regarding titles and borders

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:29:49 +0700

Hi!

	How to specify a shadow thickness for raised/sunk titles and
borders?  There's no "shadow thickness" flag in TitleStyle/BorderStyle
commands, and there's no "thickness" attribute in colorsets.  On the other
hand, at least Kendrick Vargas' screenshot shows a sunk title with
thickness of 1 instead of default 2.  So, how?

	TIA,
		Dmitry

	_________________________________________
	  Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov
	  [email-masked]
	  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 10:22:49 +0000

> thickness of 1 instead of default 2.  So, how?

You can't, it is hardcoded to 2 when raised/sunk.

I didn't see Kendrick's config, but it is clear to me that he uses flat,
not sunk title, everything is pixmap based. I.e. it only works with
TitleStyle Height 19 in his case.

As for borders, the shadow/hilite colors depend on the border width
and some more flags, also hardcoded. And it is not symmetrical at
different sides. Borders are hardly configurable.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:38:00 +0700

> TitleStyle Height 19 in his case.

	And what about
http://fvwm-themes.sourceforge.net/windowdecors/decor-2[14].jpg ?  Or
these two are also flat with pixmap bg which work for specific height
only?

> different sides. Borders are hardly configurable.

	Aha...  So, these should go to a "wish list" together with
"offsettable" buttons and an ability to specify separate thicknesses for
left/right/up/down borders?

	  Novosibirsk, Russia

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 13:44:36 +0000

> these two are also flat with pixmap bg which work for specific height

Ok, small addition, it is hardcoded to 2 with Style option FVWMBorder
and to 1 with MWMBorder. Components windowlook@cde and windowlook@luthien
that you point to, both contain the line: Style * MWMBorder.

> left/right/up/down borders?

I don't know. We may discuss this if you have a good design.

Regards,
Mikhael.