Subject: Notification: incoming/798

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:06:53 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/798

Message summary for PR#798
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: FvwmIconMan Shape Extension is screwy
	Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:06:53 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Fri Oct 26 20:06:53 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FvwmIconMan Shape Extension is screwy
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:06:53 -0500

Full_Name: Jeff Solomon
Version: 2.4.3
CVS_Date: 
OS: SPARC/Solaris 8
X_Server: X11
Submission from: (NULL) (171.64.72.46)

I use 6 managers with FvwmIconMan. Here is the relevent part of my
fvwm2rc:

*FvwmIconMan*nummanagers        6
*FvwmIconMan*Resolution         global
*FvwmIconMan*background         RootColor
*FvwmIconMan*foreground         RootColor
*FvwmIconMan*font               Bold
# Great! M4 reserves the word "format" so we must quote it to prevent
replacement
*FvwmIconMan*`format'           "%i"
*FvwmIconMan*shape              False
*FvwmIconMan*title              ""
*FvwmIconMan*titlebutton        flat RootColor RootColor

*FvwmIconMan*sort               none
*FvwmIconMan*followfocus        true
*FvwmIconMan*focusandselectbutton        up HighFore HighBack
*FvwmIconMan*focusbutton        up HighFore HighBack
*FvwmIconMan*iconbutton        up ForeColor BackColor
*FvwmIconMan*plainbutton        up ForeColor BackColor
*FvwmIconMan*selectbutton       up HighFore HighBack

All of the color names are replaced with real colors by FvwmM4. I use
*show and *dontshow to make different types of apps go to different
managers
depending on their icon,resource, etc.

The problem is that when no icons are being governed by a particular
manager, the area that it would cover on the screen when *shape is set
to True gets garbled with whatever happens to be the last thing to draw
itself there. If I set *shape to False, then I have to be sure to set
*FvwmIconMan*background to the background color or else the outlines
of the six managers will be visible whether or not they contain any
windows.

2.0.46 and 2.2.4 do not have this behavior. I like setting *shape to True
so
that the icon managers that don't have any windows yet are basically
invisible.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]