Subject: Re: a ClickToFocus thing

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 09:41:42 +0100 (CET)

Hi Dominik,

have you discovered something in my .fvwm2rc ?

I'm starting getting used to click first once to raise the window, and 
then to do the stuff I need ... but I've dome some homework ...

While using the latest CVS for all the rest, I went back to events.c 
version 1.308 (instead of the current 1.309), and it works again as I'm 
expecting ... i.e. if for example I click on the 'reload' button in an 
unfocussed Netscape window, the window is raised and the page is reloaded 
(ClickToFocusPassesClick).

I don't have any experience of X11 ... I've just played a little bit with 
events.c trying to narrow down where the problem starts when going from 
1.308 to 1.309:

if the 'UngrabEm(GRAB_PASSIVE)' is put just after the 'XSync' as in 1.309, 
I see the 'broken ClickToFocusPassesClick'.

if the 'UngrabEm(GRAB_PASSIVE)' is put just before the 
'if (!IS_ICONIFIED(Tmp_win))' like in 1.308, everything works fine (for me), 
as far as I can see.

Does this help you somehow ? I hope so, since I really don't know what 
I've done ...

I'll be happy to test any patches/changes to the code if you want, please 
CC if you need fast feedback, since I'm not on this list, even if I read 
it almost daily ;-).

Thanks a lot.

cheers,
Giuseppe.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]