Subject: Please report this...

From: Norman Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Oct 2001 10:33:24 -0400

I'm running FVWM 2.4.3 under Linux using the Accelerated X server
(www.xig.com).  This is the Debian testing distribution, so I've got
Gnome 1.4 and I'm using Fvwm2 as my window manager.

If I look in ~/.gnome-errors, I find:

[FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: Help

I think this must be something Accelerated X doesn't support or something.
This happens before my .fvwm2rc file is loaded.

[FVWM][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> XMMS window 0x400001a has broken (max_width) size hints
Please report this to [email-masked]
hint override = 0
flags = 30
min_width = 0, min_height = 0, max_width = 0, max_height = 0
width_inc = 136136208, height_inc = 0
min_aspect = 0/136136264, max_aspect = 1075312524/135911216
base_width = 1075438280, base_height = 136136264
win_gravity = 136136264

I'm running gkrellm from my init function in my .fvwm2rc file, with
the gkrelmms module. It automatically loads xmms and then minimizes
it.

Anyway, everything seems to work OK, but I was told to report the error :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

-- 
Norman Walsh <[email-masked]> | We humans are such limited
http://nwalsh.com/            | creatures--how is it that there are so
                              | few limits when it comes to human
                              | suffering?--Pierre Marivaux
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:58:26 -0400

> [FVWM][ParseBinding]: <<ERROR>> No such key: Help

The binding for the Help key (if you have one) is built into FVWM.
We recently added this warning for key bindings that don't match
any key.  I think the message is useful for debugging but
is going to cause more problems than its worth.

If there are no objections, I'll disable the warning.

> Please report this to [email-masked]

This warning helps find applications that set invalid hints
but sending the report to us always generates the same response from
us, Ie., notify the application owner.

I think its time to change the message to "please notify the
owner of the application".

Any objection to this change?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:01:47 +0000

> If there are no objections, I'll disable the warning.

Actually I find this warning useful.

I did a small patch that prints warnings in ParseBinding only if
silent_functions flag is not set. This built-in Key command would be:

  Silent Key Help R A Popup MenuFvwmRoot

Ok?

> Any objection to this change?

Maybe something like "Please send a bug report to the application owner,
you may use [email-masked] as a reference."?

P.S. I initially sent this message to Dan by a mistake, he replied "ok".

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 12:05:42 +0200

>   Silent Key Help R A Popup MenuFvwmRoot

Yes.

> you may use [email-masked] as a reference."?

Yes, I'd like the workers list to be CC'ed.  At the beginning, the
message helped to write more robust hint handling code, but I
can't remember anything useful coming from this message for a long
time.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]