Subject: FYI: "Official" Xinerama API spec

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 15:54:51 +0700

Hi!

	As was mentioned some time ago, Xinerama API implementation in
XFree86 isn't an official X.org standard.  And X environments other than
XFree86 use different (and incomplete, and undisclosed) "Panoramix" API.

	A draft of upcoming standard API is available at 

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/xinerama/xinerama/xc/doc/XineramaApi.txt?rev=1.2&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Differences from XFree86's implementation are very subtle and can be
easily handled within FScreen.c with a little assistance from configure
script.  Additionally, Mark Vojkovich states at
http://www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2001-September/011340.html
that "XFree86 will support both when the X.Org protocol is finalized".

BTW, I'm going to contact him regarding our findings (like a desire to
have a "Pointer changed physical screen" event).  Are there any other
similar things which will require assistance from X server and API?

	_________________________________________
	  Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov
	  [email-masked]
	  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]