Subject: fvwm 2.4.0 multibyte and ISO-8859-1 locale bug

From: Alexander Kotelnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 20:48:57 +0400

Hello.

I have fvwm 2.4.0 build with multibyte and it works fine with my
native locale (ru_RU.KOI8-R), but id does not work for french people
for example, they have window names, icon names, menus labes stripped 
right from the first non-ASCII character.

-- 
Alexander Kotelnikov
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Alexander Kotelnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 23:30:40 +0400

>>>>> On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 20:48:57 +0400
>>>>> "Alexander" == Alexander Kotelnikov <[email-masked]> wrote:
Alexander> 
Alexander> I have fvwm 2.4.0 build with multibyte and it works fine with my
Alexander> native locale (ru_RU.KOI8-R), but id does not work for french people
Alexander> for example, they have window names, icon names, menus labes stripped 
Alexander> right from the first non-ASCII character.

Sorry, it is not true at all. The problem was when fvwm was run with C
locale which cannot an does not display 8 bit.