Subject: Notification: incoming/776

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:21:45 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/776

Message summary for PR#776
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: FvwmM4 (v. 2.4.0) on Solaris
	Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:21:43 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Wed Sep 12 05:21:45 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FvwmM4 (v. 2.4.0) on Solaris
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 05:21:43 -0500

Full_Name: George Beckett
Version: 2.4.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris 2.6 SPARC
X_Server: Openwindows 3.6
Submission from: (NULL) (130.159.248.36)

The version of FvwmM4 distributed with fvwm 2.4.0 does not work
properly on Solaris 2.6, I think due to the lack of a -I switch
on the command m4. This can be overcome by removing the offending
switch from FvwmM4.c, as follows;

Line 111:  /* sprintf(m4_options, "-I '%s' ", FVWM_DATADIR); */
Line 112:  sprintf(m4_options, " ");

However, this will reduce functionality of the FvwmM4 command. It
doesn't cause any problems with our configuration.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 06:58:19 +0200

> doesn't cause any problems with our configuration.

Fixed.

I replaced the -I option by setting the M4PATH environment
variable.  FvwmM4 should work for you now, but I'm not sure if
the search path works too.  Can you please check this with the
current code from CVS (or tomorrow's snapshot)?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]