Subject: insure++

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2001 13:50:55 +0200

Hello,

I recall that the first negotiation with ParaSoft for 2 licenses
for insure++ fail for "unknown reason", they simply do has
there are dead.

ParaSoft contact me again a few weeks ago and explain me that
ParaSoft-France has been "restructured" and that now they want
to continue ...

So I recall what we give against 2 licenses (limited in time,
but which can be continued)

1. An email to our 3 mailing lists:

----
Subject: ParaSoft Donation

ParaSoft has supplied 2 of our developers with free copies of its profiling
tool Insure++. We use Insure++ as part of our testing process to help identify
memory leaks, memory corruption, and other problems.

Thanks ParaSoft

ParaSoft Home Page: http://www.parasoft.com/
Insure++:           http://www.parasoft.com/products/insure/
----

2. And a new Acknowledgements page that I've uploaded at
http://www.fvwm.org/xxxacknowledgements.html
(of course this page is "cached").

3. insure++ will appear sometimes in the ChangeLog

4. ParaSoft can mention its donation to the FVWM developers

If there are objections I can stop the new negotiation at once.

Dominik can you send me (again) an insure++ "Machine id". I will
try to get for you a one day license before the end of the
negotiation to be sure that insure++ will work on your machine.

Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 03:44:35 +0200

> negotiation to be sure that insure++ will work on your machine.

Sure.  If you could just give me a hint how I can find it out ...?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 07:48:14 -0400

on most Unix flavors:
> hostid 
#and you'll get something like 10a4001  as the result

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 02:09:39 +0200

> #and you'll get something like 10a4001  as the result

Not quite. Insure++ brings its own tool to find out the proper id
that consists of a host specific and a network specific parts (I
think).  I just can't remember the tool.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^