Subject: FScreen.c Xinerama patch

From: Sidik Isani <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 23:25:22 -1000 (HST)

Hello -

  I got a chance to test the latest CVS version of fvwm with a real
  4800x1024 Xinerama screen today.  Things are basically working quite
  well, except for a small problem in the initialization in FScreen.c
  causing fvwm and all modules to crash on startup when Xinerama is
  present.

  In cases like this, it appears that FVWM is completely silent about
  crashing modules.  Would it be possible to have FVWM wait for the
  exitstatus of each of its modules so it can report when they seg.
  fault?  Anyway, I really like the Xinerama support.  Thanks for
  the nice work.

Be seeing you,

- Sidik

--- FScreen.c.DIST	Sat Sep  8 14:10:35 2001
+++ FScreen.c	Thu Sep 13 14:02:05 2001
@@ -309,7 +309,7 @@
       total_screens_xi = count;
       screens_xi = (XineramaScreenInfo *)
 	safemalloc(sizeof(XineramaScreenInfo) * (1 + count));
-      memcpy(screens + 1, info, sizeof(XineramaScreenInfo) * count);
+      memcpy(screens_xi + 1, info, sizeof(XineramaScreenInfo) * count);
       XFree(info);
     }
     else
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]