Subject: Statement on today's terrorist attack in the USA

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 23:06:42 +0200

Today, many innocent lifes were ended forcefully by the savage
terrorist attacks in New York, Washington D.C and Pittsburgh.
peaking not only for myself but for the users and developers of
fvwm, I wish to express the deepest sympathy with all victims,
their beraved families, and all others who are affected.  Nothing
can ever justify these atrocities.

I plan to dedicate the upcoming fvwm-2.4.1 release to the victims
of this disaster.  The following text will be included in the
ANNOUNCE mail for the release, followed by the names of everybody
who wants to be included:

  This release is dedicated to the victims of the terrorist attacks
  in New York, Washington D.C and Pittsburgh on 11th of September,
  2001.

    <alphabetical list of names>

  and all other users and developers of fvwm.

I ask everybody to allow me to add his or her name to the list.
Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:34:22 -0400

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

I admit I haven't contributed much lately but if you would like
to include my name, I'd be honored.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Kendrick Vargas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:37:47 -0400 (EDT)

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

Please add my name to this list.
			-peace

-- 
Let he who is without clue kiss my ass

---

From: Obi-Wan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 02:54:53 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks for your sympathies on this matter.  It's reassuring to know
that those elsewhere in the world feel as strongly about this as many
of us here in the States do.

As a loyal user of fvwm for probably 9 years or so, I'd love to have
my name added to the list:
	Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth

However, the wording you suggest makes it sound like the names in the
list were victims of the attacks.  I'm very happy to say that I was
not so victimized.  Before the list of names, you might add a line
like this:

"The following people would like to express their sympathies to those
affected:"

> To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-announce" in the
> To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
> 

-- 
Ben "Obi-Wan" Hollingsworth                             [email-masked]
   The stuff of earth competes for the allegiance I owe only to the
     Giver of all good things, so if I stand, let me stand on the
       promise that You will pull me through.  -- Rich Mullins
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Charles Hines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:27:41 -0400

>>>>> "Dan" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

Dan> Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
...
>> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

Dan> I admit I haven't contributed much lately but if you would like
Dan> to include my name, I'd be honored.

Same here (since I haven't really contributed anything in 3 years).

But you might want to be careful with the wording.  The way it is above almost
looks like "here's a list of names of the victims".

Chuck

-- 
Charles K. Hines   <[email-masked]>   <[email-masked]>
Principal Scientist at ReQuest Technologies Inc   (http://www.ReQuestTech.com/)

         "You tell him and I will smack you.  I will smack you like a
            bad bad donkey, okay!" - Pepe in 'Muppets From Space'

---

From: Jan Theofel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:49:22 +0200

Hello Dominik,

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

You may add my name as FVWM user.

Jan

-- 
  ETES - Espenhain & Theofel EDV-Systemhaus GbR
     Libanonstrasse 58 A * D-70184 Stuttgart
   Phone +49 711 4895550 * Fax +49 711 4809761
    EMail: [email-masked] --- URL: www.etes.de
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 14:55:05 +0200

> looks like "here's a list of names of the victims".

Yes, I've already changed this to

  This release is dedicated to the victims of the terrorist attacks
  in New York, Washington D.C. and Pittsburgh on 11th of September,
  2001.  The following people would like to express their sympathies
  to those affected:

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mathias Megyei <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:47:35 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello Dominik,

please add my name as FVWM user.

Mathias

--
************************************************************************
Mathias Megyei                        Email: [email-masked]
  Micronas Munich GmbH                       [email-masked]
  Balanstrasse 73                     Tel:   ++49 89-234  27 183
  81541 Munich, Germany               Fax:   ++49 89-234 799 464
********************    Home is where .emacs is.  **********************

---

From: Stephane Rosa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:52:30 +0200 (CEST)

>  Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

This is a very good idea. I'd be glad to have my name as well
Thanks very much.

Stephane Rosa

>  Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL: http://www.fvwm.org/>.
>  To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm" in the body of a
>  message to [email-masked].
>  To report problems, send mail to [email-masked].
>  

-- 
SILICON GRAPHICS                 EUROPEAN MANUFACTURING CENTER
##############################################################
Stephane Rosa                     Tel :     +41 (0)32 843-3638
Business Analyst                  Fax :     +41 (0)32 843-3909
APS/FP  Project                   GSM :     +41 (0)79 616-0828
--------------------------------------------------------------
ircnoc.neu.sgi.com  SGI Intranet  IRC :   EuroOper on #irchelp
irc.stealth.net     Euro-IRCNet   IRC :   Clipper on #radionet
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Lance E Sloan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:31:25 -0400

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

As a long time user of fvwm, I think this is a wonderful idea.
I would be honored to have my name included in the list.  You
may list me as "Lance Eugene Sloan".

--
Lance E Sloan
Web Services, Univ. of Michigan: Full-service Web and database design,
development, and hosting.  Specializing in Python & Perl CGIs.
http://websvcs.itd.umich.edu/ - "Putting U on the Web"
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 10:56:37 -0400

> Please reply to me or [email-masked] if I may do so.

	By all means, include my name. As Dan and Chuck said, I'd be honored.

Cheers,
Bob