Subject: Enhancement request: Auto focus event notification

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:11:18 +0100

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-35 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /u/phippst/sunos

FVWM Version:	2.4.1-beta1
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.4.1-beta1
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	I use FvwmEvent to warp the pointer around. When a window dies I use the
	*FvwmEvent destroy_window hook to warp the window to the current
	window. This works very well except when the destroyed window did not
	have the focus. What I'd like is to hook the pointer warping on to the
	focus change caused by the window dying but I can't distinguish that
	type of focus change from the focus change when I move the mouse.
	
	What I'd like is for FvwmEvent to have two new events:
	*) auto_focus_change for when Fvwm changes the focus (window dying,
	   transient opening etc.).
	*) user_focus_change for all other cases (Focus command, pointer
	   movement, WarpToWindow)
	   
	The existing focus_change hook should remain as is.

Fix:
	Change the M_FOCUS_CHANGE packet. I'm not sure if anything uses
	the pixel numbers in the packet. If they are useful we could add an
	extra field.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]