Subject: Re: Notification: incoming/753

From: Pete Gelbman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 22:05:59 -0700

Dominik,

Sorry for the double e-mails, but I discovered somethings else. When moving my 
.fvwm2rc to 2.4 I also enabled *FvwmPager: SloppyFocus option. It seems to be 
the combination of enabling this feature and using ClickTime of 150ms.

To summarize, I'm now claiming that if you enable *FvwmPager: SloppyFocus 
*AND* set ClickTime to default 150ms, (with my .fvwm2rc config file) you can 
re-produce the problem.

Thanks

>>>>> On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Pete Gelbman wrote:

>>>>> On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, Dominik Vogt wrote:

  Dominik> On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 05:19:06PM -0500, fvwm-bug wrote:

  +> FVWM Bug Tracking notification

  +> new message incoming/753

  +> Message summary for PR#753 From: [email-masked] Subject: SloppyFocus
  +> sometimes won't refocus properly Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 17:19:05 -0500 0
  +> replies 0 followups

  +> Full_Name: Pete Gelbman Version: 2.4.0 CVS_Date:  OS: Solaris 2.6
  +> X_Server: ? Submission from: (NULL) (199.74.167.132)

  +> I've used SloppyFocus as my default window focus for a long time. Since
  +> our sys-admin upgrading to 2.4 recently (and after migrating my .fvwm2rc
  +> of course) I notice that after changing desktops, when moving my mouse
  +> quickly back into the window that last had the focus before I switched
  +> desktops, focus does not aquire properly. I have to move my mouse out of
  +> the window and back in again so make it work. I'm now using MouseFocus as
  +> my default window focus style and it work fine that way.

  Dominik> Could you try to give me detailed instructions on how to reproduce
  Dominik> this?  The problem seems to be timing related and I don't know
  Dominik> exactly what I have to do (please include your config file and also
  Dominik> describe where the used windows are).

  Pete> Hi Dominic,

  Pete> Thanks for the response. Two things:

  Pete> - First I need to amend my initial report - I thought problem went away
  Pete> when changing to MouseFocus instead of SloppyFocus but actually it
  Pete> remained the same.

  Pete> - 2nd, I think I found the problem - when upgrading my .fvwm2rc to
  Pete> new 2.4 format, I also decided to change my "ClickTime" from my old
  Pete> setting of 350 to 150 for some reason.  I guess I saw a 150ms in one
  Pete> of the samples and thought "quicker must be better". Anyhow I diffed
  Pete> my old config and new config today and noticed this. I changed my
  Pete> ClickTime back to my old setting of 350 and the problem went away. So,
  Pete> it was my own config issue, but I think the quicker time may definitely
  Pete> be triggering a timing problem, as you mentioned.  Especially since
  Pete> the value causing me trouble is the default...? Or maybe this whole
  Pete> thing is still caused by some weirdness in my config file that I can't
  Pete> see...If so sorry, about the hassle...

  Pete> Anyway, attached is my .fvwm2rc file. In this version, I've left
  Pete> ClickTime set to 150 so you can just source and hopefully see the
  Pete> issue. Here are some more details to try to reproduce the problem:

  Pete> - I'm working with several windows open on on desktop 0 0.

  Pete> - Now I want to change to desktop 1 0. So I click my mouse on desktop
  Pete> 1 0 in my pager. I go there, do some work in a few diff windows -
  Pete> everything is fine.

  Pete> - Now I want to go back to my original destop 0 0. So I click my mouse
  Pete> on desktop 0 0 to back. I go there but when I position my mouse over a
  Pete> window the windows doesn't get focused. The only way to get it focused
  Pete> is to move my mouse out of the windows and back in.

  Pete> Note: this doesn't happen all the time. I assumed this was due to
  Pete> feature changes or some issue with my new .fvwm2rc, but I poked around
  Pete> for a long time and can't see any problems...

  Pete> #
  Pete> # $HOME/.fvwm2rc Pete Gelbman
  Pete> #
  Pete> # - Fvwm2 initialization file, version 2.4+
  Pete> #
  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # This works for both Solaris and Linux. Menu items are not guarenteed
  Pete> # to work in both environments, but thats worth the trade off
  Pete> maintaining # 2 versions.

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Paths (colon-separated list, just like regular unix PATH)
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # Modules ModulePath /opt/local/lib/fvwm/2.x

  Pete> # Icons & Pixmaps ImagePath
  Pete> /home/pete/lib/pix/icons:/usr/share/icons/large/:/usr/local/X11/include
  Pete> /bitmaps:/usr/local/X11/include/mini-icons:+

  Pete> ImagePath /home/pete/lib/pix/mini-
  Pete> icons:/usr/local/X11/include/pixmaps:/usr/local/X11/include/mini-
  Pete> icons:+

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Virtual Desktop
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> DeskTopSize 2x2

  Pete> # Default edge scrollng suff EdgeResistance 250 10 EdgeScroll 100 100

  Pete> # I like to disable all the edge crap EdgeScroll 0 0 EdgeThickness 0
  Pete> EdgeResistance 0 0

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Windows behaviour, decoration, style definitions
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # Set colormap to be window that mouse is in (default) ColormapFocus
  Pete> FollowsMouse

  Pete> # Set color of the 'rubber-band' window-borders when moving/resizing
  Pete> windows #XORvalue 200 # This doesn't seem to to work under on NCD boxes

  Pete> # Make our windows snap-up against other windows and make icons snap #
  Pete> up against other icons SnapAttraction 20 SameType

  Pete> # If a window occupies less than n% of the screen, draw it opaque
  Pete> OpaqueMoveSize 5

  Pete> # TitleBar button styles - uses our personal pixmap lib ButtonStyle
  Pete> 1 Pixmap mini.windows.xpm # Window-Ops ButtonStyle 10 Pixmap
  Pete> mini.lower2.xpm # Iconify ButtonStyle 8 Pixmap mini.maximize-horiz.xpm
  Pete> # Maximize/Minimize horiz ButtonStyle 6 Pixmap mini.maximize-vert.xpm
  Pete> # Maximize/Minmize vert ButtonStyle 4 Pixmap mini.resize3.xpm #
  Pete> Maximize/Minimize full ButtonStyle 2 Pixmap mini.x.xpm # Close

  Pete> # Titlebar style TitleStyle ActiveUp Vgradient 16 slateblue2 slateblue4
  Pete> -- flat TitleStyle ActiveDown Vgradient 16 slateblue2 red -- flat
  Pete> TitleStyle Inactive Vgradient 16 bisque3 bisque4 -- flat #TitleStyle
  Pete> LeftJustified height 18 # Justifies title string, I like default center

  Pete> # Menu style MenuStyle * Mwn # Mwm, Fvwm or Win MenuStyle * Foreground
  Pete> black, Background red MenuStyle * Greyed gray70, ActiveFore
  Pete> white MenuStyle * HilightBackOff, Hilight3DOff MenuStyle * Font
  Pete> -Adobe-Helvetica-Bold-O-Normal--14-140-75-75-P-82- ISO8859-1 MenuStyle
  Pete> * MenuFace DGradient 64 bisque3 slateblue2 MenuStyle * Animation

  Pete> # Window styles - basic defaults to be used for all windows Style *
  Pete> TileCascadePlacement # this is default and seems to work best Style *
  Pete> Color black/bisque3 Style * HilightFore white, HilightBack slateblue2
  Pete> Style * Font -*-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-* Style * IconFont
  Pete> fixed Style * Icon default.xpm Style * IconBox 80x700-1+140 # defines
  Pete> a box where our icons get minimized Style * MWMButtons, MWMFunctions,
  Pete> MWMDecor, HintOverride Style * BorderWidth 5, HandleWidth 7 Style *
  Pete> DecorateTransient, StickyIcon Style * NoPPosition Style * SloppyFocus,
  Pete> # Default is MouseFocus Style * MouseFocusClickRaises # Raise windows
  Pete> by clicking anywhere in the window

  Pete> # Define a barebones style template - handy for xbiff, et al Style
  Pete> Naked WindowListSkip, Sticky, NoTitle, NoHandles, BorderWidth 0

  Pete> # Styles for internal fvwm stuff Style "Fvwm*" UseStyle Naked Style
  Pete> "Fvwm*" BorderWidth 0, CirculateSkipIcon Style "Fvwm*" ClickToFocus
  Pete> Style "FvwmConsole" WindowListHit, Slippery, Title, BorderWidth 5
  Pete> #Style "FvwmPager" StaysOnTop Style "FvwmButtons" UseStyle Naked
  Pete> Style "FvwmButtons" BorderWidth 0, CirculateSkip, StaysOnTop Style
  Pete> "FvwmButtons" Icon toolbox.xpm Style "FvwmTalk" Icon toolbox.xpm,
  Pete> WindowListHit, Slippery, Title, BorderWidth 5 Style "FvwmWinList"
  Pete> StaysOnTop

  Pete> # Application-specific style overides # Note: Some apps such as Emacs
  Pete> & Netscape don't obey - xpm stuff, so # fvwm2 *Placement options
  Pete> don't work with them Style "xbiff" UseStyle Naked, ClickToFocus
  Pete> Style "xclock" UseStyle Naked, ClickToFocus, BorderWidth 3 Style
  Pete> "xload" UseStyle Naked, ClickToFocus, BorderWidth 3 Style "xcalc" Icon
  Pete> xcalc.xpm, ManualPlacement Style "xman" Icon xman.xpm, NoButton2 Style
  Pete> "xmag" Icon mag_glass.xpm Style "Untitled" NoTitle, NoHandles Style
  Pete> "xterm" Icon xterm.xpm, ManualPlacement Style "rxvt" Icon term.xpm,
  Pete> ManualPlacement Style "?macs" Icon gnu-animal.xpm, ManualPlacement
  Pete> Style "exmh" Icon mail2.xpm, StartsOnPage 1 0 0, SkipMapping Style
  Pete> "xmailbox" UseStyle Naked, ClicktoFocus

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Menu definitions
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> AddToMenu RootMenu "Fvwm2 Menu %mini.eyes.xpm%" Title + "XTerm
  Pete> %mini.x.xpm%" Exec exec xterm -ls -geometry 70x20 & #+ "Rxvt
  Pete> %mini.x.xpm%" Exec exec rxvt -ls -geometry 70x20 & + "XTerm - Red
  Pete> %mini.display.xpm%" Exec exec xterm -ls -bg rgb:80/0/0 -fg white
  Pete> -geometry 70x20& + "XTerm - Blue %mini.display.xpm%" Exec exec xterm
  Pete> -ls -bg rgb:0/0/80 -fg white -geometry 70x20& + "" Nop + "Host Menu
  Pete> %mini.xterm.xpm%" Popup Remote_Hosts + "" Nop + "Emacs %mini.gnu.xpm%"
  Pete> Exec exec emacs-20.7 -fn 7x14& #+ "XEmacs %mini.gnu.xpm%" Exec exec
  Pete> xemacs & + "Exmh %mini.letter.xpm%" Exec exec exmh & + "Netscape
  Pete> Communicator %mini.netscape.xpm%" Exec exec communicator -geometry
  Pete> 750x650+15+15 & + "Netscape Navigator %mini.netscape.xpm%" Exec exec
  Pete> navigator - geometry 750x650+15+15 & + "Xcalc %mini.calc.xpm%" Exec
  Pete> exec xcalc & + "Sun File Manager %mini.filemgr.xpm%" Exec exec filemgr
  Pete> & #+ "Gnome File Manager %mini.gnome.xpm%" Exec exec gmc & + "" Nop
  Pete> + "Programs %mini.run.xpm%" Popup Programs + "" Nop + "Utilities
  Pete> %mini.x.xpm%" Popup X_Utilities #+ "" Nop #+ "Red Hat Menus" Popup
  Pete> Red_Hat_Linux + "" Nop + "Fvwm2 Options %mini.fvwm.xpm%" Popup
  Pete> Fvwm2_Options + "" Nop + "Logout %mini.stop.xpm%" Quit

  Pete> AddToMenu Remote_Hosts "Remote Hosts" Title + "array" Exec xrsh array
  Pete> xterm -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "blanche" Exec xrsh blanche
  Pete> xterm -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "clem" Exec xrsh clem xterm
  Pete> -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "ethel" Exec xrsh ethel xterm -ls
  Pete> -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "eunice" Exec xrsh eunice xterm -ls
  Pete> -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "gertrude" Exec xrsh gertrude xterm
  Pete> -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "jeb" Exec xrsh jeb xterm -ls
  Pete> -fg white -bg black -name xterm #+ "lester" Exec exec xterm -ls -fg
  Pete> white -bg black -name xterm -e ssh lester + "mabel" Exec xrsh mabel
  Pete> xterm -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "opie" Exec xrsh opie xterm
  Pete> -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm #+ "fremont %mini.penguin.xpm"
  Pete> Exec xrsh fremont xterm -ls -fg white -bg black -name xterm + "pollux
  Pete> %mini.penguin.xpm" Exec xrsh pollux xterm -ls -fg white - bg black
  Pete> -name xterm

  Pete> AddToMenu Programs "Programs" Title + "Acrobat Reader %mini.pdf.xpm%"
  Pete> Exec exec acroread & + "DDD Debugger %mini.roach.xpm%" Exec exec ddd
  Pete> & + "GhostView %mini.gv.xpm%" Exec exec gv & + "Gimp %mini.gimp.xpm%"
  Pete> Exec exec gimp & + "Star Office %mini.pencil.xpm%" Exec exec
  Pete> /home/pete/bin/soffice & + "Xfig %mini.xfig.xpm%" Exec exec xfig & +
  Pete> "Xv %mini.xv.xpm%" Exec exec xv &

  Pete> AddToMenu X_Utilities "X Utilities" Title + "Xkeycaps
  Pete> %mini.xkeycaps.xpm%" Exec exec xkeycaps & + "Xman %mini.xman.xpm%"
  Pete> Exec exec xman -notopbox + "Xmag %mini.xmag.xpm%" Exec exec xmag
  Pete> & + "XLock%mini.lock.xpm%" Exec exec xlock -mode random & +
  Pete> "Editres %mini.edit.xpm%" Exec exec editres & + "Reload Xdefaults
  Pete> %mini.start.xpm%" Exec exec xrdb -load $HOME/.Xdefaults

  Pete> AddToMenu Red_Hat_Linux "Red Hat Programs" Title PipeRead "wmconfig
  Pete> --output fvwm2"

  Pete> AddToMenu Fvwm2_Options "Fvwm2 Options" Title + "Fvwm Modules" Popup
  Pete> Module-Popup + "Fvwm Config Options" Popup Config-Options + "Fvwm
  Pete> Window Options" Popup Window-Options + "" Nop + "Refresh Screen"
  Pete> Refresh + "Recapture Screen" Recapture + "" Nop # It's best to specify
  Pete> the full path to fvwm2: + "Restart Fvwm2 %mini.turn.xpm%" Restart
  Pete> /opt/local/X11/bin/fvwm2 + "Fvwm2 %mini.exit.xpm%" Quit

  Pete> AddToMenu Forms-Popup "Fvwm Forms" Title + "Form - Rlogin" Module
  Pete> FvwmForm Rlogin + "Form - MyFvwmTalk" Module FvwmForm MyFvwmTalk +
  Pete> "Form - QuitVerify" Module FvwmForm QuitVerify

  Pete> AddToMenu Module-Popup "FvwmModules" Title + "Fvwm Window Info"
  Pete> Module FvwmIdent + "" Nop #+ "FvwmTalk" Module FvwmTalk #+ "" Nop #+
  Pete> "FvwmButtons" Module FvwmButtons #+ "FvwmWinList" Module FvwmWinList
  Pete> #+ "" Nop #+ "FvwmBanner" Module FvwmBanner #+ "FvwmScroll" Module
  Pete> FvwmScroll 50 50 #+ "FvwmBacker" Module FvwmBacker #+ "" Nop #+
  Pete> "FvwmIconMan" Module FvwmIconMan #+ "" Nop + "FvwmIconBox On" Module
  Pete> FvwmIconBox + "FvwmIconBox Off" KillModule FvwmIconBox + "" Nop +
  Pete> "FvwmPager On" Module FvwmPager 0 1 + "FvwmPager Off" KillModule
  Pete> FvwmPager + "" Nop + "AutoRaise On" Module FvwmAuto 200 Raise
  Pete> Nop + "AutoRaise Off" KillModule FvwmAuto + "" Nop + "Animation
  Pete> On" Module FvwmAnimate + "Animation Off" KillModule FvwmAnimate
  Pete> + "Animation Effects" Title + "Frame" *FvwmAnimateEffect Frame +
  Pete> "Lines" *FvwmAnimateEffect Flip + "Turn" *FvwmAnimateEffect Turn +
  Pete> "Zoom3D" *FvwmAnimateEffect Zoom3D + "Twist Random" *FvwmAnimateEffect
  Pete> Twist Random + "" Nop + "FvwmForm - Rlogin" Module FvwmForm Rlogin
  Pete> + "FvwmForm - MyFvwmTalk" Module FvwmForm MyFvwmTalk + "FvwmForm -
  Pete> QuitVerify" Module FvwmForm QuitVerify + "" Nop

  Pete> AddToMenu Config-Options "Config Options" Title + "Sloppy Focus"
  Pete> ChangeDefaultFocus SloppyFocus + "Click To Focus" ChangeDefaultFocus
  Pete> ClickToFocus + "Focus Follows Mouse" ChangeDefaultFocus
  Pete> FocusFollowsMouse + "" Nop + "Colormap Follows Mouse" ColormapFocus
  Pete> FollowsMouse + "Colormap Follows Focus" ColormapFocus FollowsFocus + ""
  Pete> Nop + "Full Paging ON" EdgeScroll 100 100 + "All Paging OFF" EdgeScroll
  Pete> 0 0 + "Horizontal Paging Only" EdgeScroll 100 0 + "Vertical Paging
  Pete> Only" EdgeScroll 0 100 + "Partial Paging" EdgeScroll 50 50 + "Full
  Pete> Paging && Edge Wrap" EdgeScroll 100000 100000

  Pete> AddToMenu Window-Options "Window Options" Title + "Move" Move +
  Pete> "Resize" Resize + "Raise" Raise + "Lower" Lower + "(De)Iconify" Iconify
  Pete> + "(Un)Stick" Stick + "(Un)Maximize" Maximize + "" Nop + "Delete"
  Pete> Delete + "Close" Close + "Destroy" Destroy + "" Nop + "Refresh Window"
  Pete> RefreshWindow

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Keyboard Setup
  Pete> #
  Pete> # Bindings syntax
  Pete> # ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Pete> # Context: R=Root window, W=Application window, T=Title bar, 0..9=Title
  Pete> # bar button [1][3][5][7][9][0][8][6][4][2] F=Frame, S=Side bar, I=Icon
  Pete> # Modifier: C=control, S=shift, M=meta, A=any, N=None
  Pete> #
  Pete> # Key Keyname Context Modifiers Function
  Pete> #
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # General global bindings Key F1 A N RaiseLower Key F1 A C WindowList

  Pete> # These allow you to hit control-<Arrow-key> to switch focus to # the
  Pete> window next to your current window in that direction Key Right A C
  Pete> Direction East (CurrentDesk !Iconic) Focus Key Left A C Direction West
  Pete> (CurrentDesk !Iconic) Focus Key Up A C Direction North (CurrentDesk
  Pete> !Iconic) Focus Key Down A C Direction South (CurrentDesk !Iconic) Focus

  Pete> # Familiar alt-tabbing Key Tab A M Next (CurrentDesk !Iconic) Focus Key
  Pete> Tab A SM Prev (CurrentDesk !Iconic) Focus

  Pete> # Laptop Linux hotkeys Key F10 A C Exec exec xterm -fg black -bg
  Pete> white -e arraycommMail # check Arraycomm Mail Key F11 A C Exec exec
  Pete> /sbin/cardctl insert # Turn all PCMCIA cards on Key F12 A C Exec exec
  Pete> /sbin/cardctl eject # Turn all PCMCIA cards off

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # Mouse Setup
  Pete> #
  Pete> # Bindings syntax
  Pete> # ---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Pete> # Button: 1=Left, 2=Middle, 3=Right Context: R=Root window,
  Pete> # W=Application window, T=Title bar, 0..9=Title bar button
  Pete> # [1][3][5][7][9][0][8][6][4][2] F=Frame, S=Side bar, I=Icon
  Pete> # Modifier: C=control, S=shift, M=meta, A=any, N=None
  Pete> #
  Pete> # Button Context Modifiers Function
  Pete> #
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # Mouse click speed ClickTime 150 # 150ms triggers focus/timing
  Pete> issue. 350 does ok

  Pete> # Root Window mouse # left button brings up a window list # middle
  Pete> button brings up a list of Window commands # right button brings up the
  Pete> main fvwm2 RootMenu Mouse 1 R A WindowList Mouse 2 R A Menu Window-Ops
  Pete> Nop Mouse 3 R A Menu RootMenu Nop

  Pete> # Title Bar Buttons Far left button - menu on click Near right button
  Pete> # Iconifies 2nd right button does a horizontal maximize/minimize 3rd
  Pete> # right button does a vertical maximize/minimize 4th right button does
  Pete> # a full maximize/minimize Far right button closes window
  Pete> #
  Pete> # Odd numbered buttons are on left side, even on right Each side digit
  Pete> # must start with even/odd as such:
  Pete> #
  Pete> # 1 3 5 20 8 6 4 2

  Pete> Mouse 0 1 A Menu Window-Options Close 20 A Iconify 8 A Maximize 100 0 6
  Pete> Mouse 0 A Maximize 0 100 4 A Maximize 100 100 2 A Close

  Pete> # Title bar # left button raises, on drag it moves # right button
  Pete> lowers, on drag it moves Mouse 1 T A Move-or-Iconify-Raise-Func Mouse 3
  Pete> T A Move-or-Iconify-Lower-Func

  Pete> # Sidebars and Frames # left button raises, on drag it resizes # right
  Pete> button raises, on drag it moves Mouse 1 FS A Resize-Raise-Func Mouse 3
  Pete> FS A Move-or-Iconify-Raise-Func

  Pete> # Main Window # Meta left click raises window # Meta right click lowers
  Pete> Mouse 1 W M Raise Mouse 3 W M Lower

  Pete> # Iconic # Left button moves on drag and un-iconifies on double click #
  Pete> Right button moves Mouse 1 I A Move-or-Iconify Mouse 3 I A Move

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmButtons bar
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> *FvwmButtonsGeometry 520x100-1-1 *FvwmButtonsBack bisque3
  Pete> *FvwmButtons(Frame 2 Padding 2 2 Container(Rows 2 Columns 5 Frame
  Pete> 1 \ Padding 10 0)) *FvwmButtons(3x2 Frame 2 Swallow "FvwmIconMan"
  Pete> "Module FvwmIconMan") *FvwmButtons(1x2 Frame 2 Swallow(UseOld)
  Pete> "FvwmPager" "Module FvwmPager 0 0") *FvwmButtons(1x2 Frame
  Pete> 0 Container(Rows 2 Columns 2 Frame 0)) *FvwmButtons(Frame 2
  Pete> Swallow(UseOld,NoHints,Respawn) "xbiff" `exec exec xbiff -b g bisque3`)
  Pete> *FvwmButtons(Frame 3 Swallow(UseOld,NoHints,Respawn) "xclock" `exec
  Pete> exec xclock -bg bisque3 -fg black -hd black -hl black -padding 0
  Pete> -update 1`) *FvwmButtons(2x1 Frame 2 Swallow(UseOld,NoHints,Respawn)
  Pete> "xload" `exec exec xloa d -bg bisque3 -fg black -update 5 -nolabel`)
  Pete> *FvwmButtons(End) *FvwmButtons(End)

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmForms - I don't use these so they aren't setup for our config
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # FvwmForm alias - rlogin or telnet to host via xterm
  Pete> *RloginWarpPointer *RloginFont *helvetica*m*r*n*12* *RloginButtonFont
  Pete> *helvetica*m*o*n*12* *RloginInputFont *cour*m*r*n*12* *RloginFore Black
  Pete> *RloginBack Light Gray *RloginItemFore Wheat *RloginItemBack Gray50
  Pete> # begin items *RloginLine center *RloginText "Login to Remote Host"
  Pete> *RloginLine center *RloginText "Host:"  *RloginInput HostName 30 ""
  Pete> *RloginLine center *RloginSelection meth single *RloginChoice TN TN
  Pete> off "telnet" *RloginChoice RL RL on "rlogin" *RloginSelection UserSel
  Pete> single *RloginChoice Default Default on "same user" *RloginChoice
  Pete> Custom Custom off "user:"  *RloginText "(Userid:"  *RloginInput
  Pete> UserName 10 "" *RloginText ")" *RloginLine center *RloginText "FG:"
  Pete> *RloginInput FgColor 15 "" *RloginText "BG:"  *RloginInput BgColor 15
  Pete> "" *RloginLine expand *RloginButton quit "Login" ^M *RloginCommand
  Pete> Exec xterm $(FgColor?-fg $(FgColor)) $(BgColor?-bg $(BgColor))
  Pete> -T xterm@$(HostName) -e $(RL?rlog in) $(TN?telnet) $(HostName)
  Pete> $(RL?-8 $(UserName?-l $(UserName))) *RloginButton restart "Clear"
  Pete> *RloginCommand Beep *RloginButton quit "Cancel" *RloginCommand Nop

  Pete> # FvwmForm alias - query exit ala mwm *QuitVerifyGrabServer
  Pete> *QuitVerifyWarpPointer *QuitVerifyFont *helvetica*m*r*n*14*
  Pete> #*QuitVerifyButtonFont *helvetica*m*o*n*14* *QuitVerifyButtonFont
  Pete> 7x13bold *QuitVerifyFore Black *QuitVerifyBack Light Gray
  Pete> *QuitVerifyItemFore Wheat *QuitVerifyItemBack Gray50 # begin
  Pete> items *QuitVerifyLine center *QuitVerifyText "Do you really want
  Pete> to exit FVWM?"  *QuitVerifyLine expand *QuitVerifyButton quit "
  Pete> Exit " *QuitVerifyCommand Quit *QuitVerifyButton quit "Cancel"
  Pete> *QuitVerifyCommand Nop

  Pete> # MyTalk & MyFvwmTalk from Dave Goldberg # MyTalk Form - dissappears
  Pete> after use *MyTalkWarpPointer *MyTalkFont *helvetica*m*r*n*14*
  Pete> *MyTalkButtonFont *helvetica*m*o*n*14* *MyTalkInputFont *cour*m*r*n*14*
  Pete> *MyTalkFore Red *MyTalkBack Gray *MyTalkItemFore Blue *MyTalkItemBack
  Pete> Gray *MyTalkLine center *MyTalkText "Fvwm Function" *MyTalkInput
  Pete> Func 40 "" *MyTalkLine expand *MyTalkButton quit "Run" ^M
  Pete> *MyTalkCommand $(Func) *MyTalkButton restart "Clear" ^R *MyTalkButton
  Pete> quit "Cancel" ^C *MyTalkCommand Nop # MyFvwmTalk Form - sticks
  Pete> around *MyFvwmTalkWarpPointer *MyFvwmTalkFont *helvetica*m*r*n*14*
  Pete> *MyFvwmTalkButtonFont *helvetica*m*o*n*14* *MyFvwmTalkInputFont
  Pete> *cour*m*r*n*14* *MyFvwmTalkFore Red *MyFvwmTalkBack Gray
  Pete> *MyFvwmTalkItemFore Blue *MyFvwmTalkItemBack Gray *MyFvwmTalkLine
  Pete> center *MyFvwmTalkText "Fvwm Function" *MyFvwmTalkInput Func 40
  Pete> "" *MyFvwmTalkLine expand *MyFvwmTalkButton restart "Run" ^M
  Pete> *MyFvwmTalkCommand $(Func) *MyFvwmTalkButton restart "Clear" ^R
  Pete> *MyFvwmTalkCommand Nop *MyFvwmTalkButton restart "Iconify" ^Z
  Pete> *MyFvwmTalkCommand Next [MyFvwmTalk] Iconify *MyFvwmTalkButton quit
  Pete> "Quit" ^C *MyFvwmTalkCommand Nop

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmIconMan
  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # this FvwmIconMan setup is for swallowing in above button bar
  Pete> example *FvwmIconMan*numManagers 1 *FvwmIconMan*Resolution page
  Pete> *FvwmIconMan*background bisque3 *FvwmIconMan*foreground black
  Pete> *FvwmIconMan*font 7x13bold *FvwmIconMan*format "%t" *FvwmIconMan*action
  Pete> Mouse 1 N sendcommand Focus, sendcommand "Iconify" *FvwmIconMan*action
  Pete> Mouse 2 N sendcommand "Iconify 1" *FvwmIconMan*action Mouse
  Pete> 3 N sendcommand "FvwmIdent" *FvwmIconMan*followfocus true
  Pete> *FvwmIconMan*sort false *FvwmIconMan*plainbutton up black bisque3
  Pete> *FvwmIconMan*selectbutton down black bisque3 *FvwmIconMan*focusbutton
  Pete> up yellow firebrick *FvwmIconMan*focusandselectButton down yellow
  Pete> firebrick *FvwmIconMan*dontshow icon=Untitled name=Untitled
  Pete> #*FvwmIconMan*drawicons true *FvwmIconMan*buttongeometry 300x0
  Pete> *FvwmIconMan*managergeometry 1x5

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmIdent
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # window identifier # FvwmIdent *FvwmIdentFore
  Pete> yellow *FvwmIdentBack MidnightBlue *FvwmIdentFont
  Pete> -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmPager
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # Modify this according to your monitor size
  Pete> *FvwmPager: DeskTopScale 25 #*FvwmPager: SloppyFocus *FvwmPagerBack
  Pete> rgb:90/80/90 *FvwmPagerFore rgb:48/40/48 *FvwmPagerFont
  Pete> -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-* # turn off desktop
  Pete> names for swallowing in above button bar example:  #*FvwmPagerFont
  Pete> none *FvwmPagerHilight rgb:CA/B3/CA *FvwmPagerGeometry -3-3 #
  Pete> horizontal, vertical #*FvwmPagerLabel 0 Main #*FvwmPagerLabel
  Pete> 1 Network #*FvwmPagerLabel 2 Emacs #*FvwmPagerLabel 3 Matlab
  Pete> *FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x8 #*FvwmPagerBalloons All #*FvwmPagerBalloonBack
  Pete> Yellow #*FvwmPagerBalloonFore Black #*FvwmPagerBalloonFont
  Pete> lucidasanstypewriter-12 #*FvwmPagerBalloonYOffset +2
  Pete> #*FvwmPagerBalloonBorderWidth 1 #*FvwmPagerBalloonBorderColor Black

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmWinList
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> *FvwmWinListBack rgb:90/80/90 FvwmWinListFore black FvwmWinListFont
  Pete> *-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-* FvwmWinListAction Click1
  Pete> *Iconify -1,Focus FvwmWinListAction Click2 Iconify FvwmWinListAction
  Pete> *Click3 Module "FvwmIdent" FvwmIdent FvwmWinListUseSkipList
  Pete> *FvwmWinListGeometry +0-1 FvwmBackerDesk 0 -solid steelblue
  Pete> *FvwmBackerDesk 1 -solid midnightblue

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmIconBox - I don't use this so its not properly setup for our
  Pete> config
  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # NOTE: If you ever use this feature, you must set `Style "*" NoIcon'
  Pete> #Style "*" NoIcon

  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxFore black FvwmIconBoxBack black FvwmIconBoxIconFore black
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxIconBack bisque3 FvwmIconBoxIconHiFore white

  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxIconHiBack slateblue2 *FvwmIconBoxFont
  Pete> -adobe-helvetica-medium-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-* *FvwmIconBoxSortIcons
  Pete> IconName *FvwmIconBoxPadding 3 *FvwmIconBoxPlacement Top
  Pete> Left *FvwmIconBoxLines 10 #*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 64x38
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 54x30 *FvwmIconBoxHilightFocusWin *FvwmIconBox
  Pete> Fvwm* - #*FvwmIconBoxPixmap fvwm.xpm *FvwmIconBoxGeometry 2x5-10+140
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxSBWidth 3 *FvwmIconBoxFrameWidth 1 1 *FvwmIconBoxHideSC
  Pete> Horizontal *FvwmIconBoxHideSC Vertical *FvwmIconBoxSetWMIconSize
  Pete> *FvwmIconBox: NoIconAction SendToModule FvwmAnimate animate #key
  Pete> bindings *FvwmIconBoxKey r RaiseLower *FvwmIconBoxKey space Iconify
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxKey d Close *FvwmIconBoxKey n Next *FvwmIconBoxKey p Prev
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxKey h Left *FvwmIconBoxKey j Down *FvwmIconBoxKey k Up
  Pete> *FvwmIconBoxKey l Right # mouse bindings *FvwmIconBoxMouse 1 Click
  Pete> RaiseLower *FvwmIconBoxMouse 1 DoubleClick Iconify *FvwmIconBoxMouse
  Pete> 2 Click Iconify -1,Focus *FvwmIconBoxMouse 3 Click Module FvwmIdent
  Pete> # icon files *FvwmIconBox "*" unknown1.xpm *FvwmIconBox "Fvwm*"
  Pete> - *FvwmIconBox "rxvt" term.xpm *FvwmIconBox "xterm" xterm.xpm
  Pete> *FvwmIconBox "editres" editres.xpm *FvwmIconBox "xman" xman.xpm
  Pete> *FvwmIconBox "xbiff" mail1.xpm *FvwmIconBox "xmh" mail1.xpm
  Pete> *FvwmIconBox "xcalc" xcalc.xpm *FvwmIconBox "emacs*" gnu-animal.xpm
  Pete> *FvwmIconBox "FvwmButtons" toolbox.xpm

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmScroll
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> *FvwmScrollFore green FvwmScrollBack grey40

  Pete> #######################################################################
  Pete> # FvwmAnimate
  Pete> #######################################################################

  Pete> # this sets the default animation *FvwmAnimateEffect TwistRandom
  Pete> # how many milliseconds to sleep between frames of animation.
  Pete> *FvwmAnimateDelay 20 # how many steps to break the animation into
  Pete> #*FvwmAnimateIterations 5 # how many revolutions to twist the
  Pete> iconification frame *FvwmAnimateTwist 5 # how wide a line to draw with.
  Pete> *FvwmAnimateWidth 1

  Pete> #======================================================================
  Pete> =======================================================================
  Pete> # Functions
  Pete> #======================================================================
  Pete> =======================================================================

  Pete> # Fvwm initial startup functions AddToFunc InitFunction

  Pete> # Set deskop backround color, NOTE: this gets overridden when using
  Pete> GNOME + "I" Exec exec xsetroot -solid black #+ "I" Exec exec xsetroot
  Pete> -solid wheat4

  Pete> # Fvwm stuff + "I" Module FvwmPager 0 1 + "I" Desk 0 0 + "I" Module
  Pete> FvwmAnimate #+ "I" Module FvwmAuto 400 raise lower

  Pete> # Xbiff, xclock and xload + "I" Exec exec xclock -update 1 -geometry
  Pete> =220x35-10+5 -bg black - fg green -bd green -hd slateblue -hl red
  Pete> -digital -padding 8 & + "I" Exec exec xclock -update 1 -geometry
  Pete> =105x80-125+50 -bg black - fg green -bd green -hd slateblue -hl red &
  Pete> + "I" Exec exec xload -bg black -fg green -geometry =105x80-10+50 - hl
  Pete> red &

  Pete> # Xterms + "I" Exec exec xterm -ls -xrm "*Page:0 0 0" -geometry
  Pete> 100x45+10+15 & + "I" Exec exec xterm -ls -xrm "*Page:0 1 0" -geometry
  Pete> 90x25+10+15 & + "I" Exec exec xterm -ls -xrm "*Page:0 1 0" -geometry
  Pete> 90x22+10-15 &

  Pete> # Fvwm restart functions AddToFunc RestartFunction man + "I" Module
  Pete> FvwmPager 0 1 + "I" Module FvwmAnimate #+ "I" Module FvwmIconBox

  Pete> # Complex (user) Functions # Auto-raise, resize on motion AddToFunc
  Pete> Resize-Raise-Func "I" Raise + "M" Resize # Auto-lower, resize on motion
  Pete> AddToFunc Resize-Lower-Func "I" Lower + "M" Resize # Auto-raise, move
  Pete> on motion, iconify on double-click AddToFunc Move-or-Iconify-Raise-Func
  Pete> "I" Raise + "M" Move + "D" Iconify # Auto-Lower, move on motion,
  Pete> iconify on double-click AddToFunc Move-or-Iconify-Lower-Func "I" Lower
  Pete> + "M" Move + "D" Iconify # Move on motion, iconify on double-click
  Pete> AddToFunc Move-or-Iconify "M" Move + "D" Iconify # Auto-raise then
  Pete> print AddToFunc PrintFunction "I" Raise + "I" Exec exec xdpr -id $w

  Pete> ~Pete

-- 

~~Pete

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]