Subject: Notification: incoming/755

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:56:34 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/755

Message summary for PR#755
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: fvwm-2.4.0 does not build with libstroke-0.5
	Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:56:32 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Aug 07 14:56:34 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: fvwm-2.4.0 does not build with libstroke-0.5
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 14:56:32 -0500

Full_Name: Dave Morrison
Version: 2.4.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (207.222.50.243)

The libstroke library was recently updated to v 0.5.  fvwm-2.4.0 builds
just fine with v 0.4 but does not build with v 0.5.  Both versions of
the libstroke library are available at
  http://www.etla.net/~willey/projects/libstroke

The problem is that libstroke-0.4 defines MAX_SEQUENCE but libstroke-0.5
instead defines STROKE_MAX_SEQUENCE and GSTROKE_MAX_SEQUENCE.  The one we
want for fvwm is STROKE_MAX_SEQUENCE.

If I patch fvwm/bindings.c, fvwm/builtins.c, and fvwm/events.c to replace
MAX_SEQUENCE with STROKE_MAX_SEQUENCE, then fvwm-2.4.0 builds just fine.
(I'm happy to acknowledge assistance from Dan Nicolaescu, one of the
libstroke maintainers, in figuring out this patch.)

For the distribution, this kind of patching is not enouth:  some kind of 
testing will need to be done to determine which version of libstroke is
present.  I don't have enough autoconf skills to suggest how this should
be done.

  -- Dave Morrison

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 04:18:11 +0000

On 07 Aug 2001 14:56:34 -0500, [email-masked] wrote:
> Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
> just fine with v 0.4 but does not build with v 0.5.

Thank you for the report. This problem was fixed in CVS a month ago.

Regards,
Mikhael.