Subject: Notification: incoming/766

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:11:52 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/766

Message summary for PR#766
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: PRIVATE: Erratic EdgeScroll behaviour
	Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:11:51 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Aug 21 14:11:52 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: PRIVATE: Erratic EdgeScroll behaviour
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:11:51 -0500

Full_Name: Brent Beacham
Version: 2.4.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.7
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (66.46.12.199)

In my .fvwm2rc file I have "EdgeScroll 100000 100000"  When I try to move
from one page to another by moving the mouse pointer to the edge of the
screen the mouse pointer does not always warp to the other side of the
screen (as expected) but instead stays on the edge of the screen causing
the display to flip through several pages until the pointer finally 
warps to the other side of the screen.  I have some observations:

- the problem does not occur on pages containing no windows
- the problem does not occur if the mouse is not moved once the pointer
  is at the edge of the window.  (Usually I continue to move the mouse 
  somewhat in the direction I want the page to switch because I find it 
  awkward to stop moving the mouse completely at the edge of the screen.)
- EdgeThickness settings of 1 or 2 don't seem to change the behaviour.

I don't know if it is significant, but I am using a Sun Sunray machine
(which appears to be more-or-less a dumb terminal) and so my display
is never :0 but is always some larger number (such as :12.0)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]