Subject: Framemaker doesn't refresh on desk change

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:05:55 -0400

Using Fvwm 2.4.0, if I create a FrameMaker window
and change desks using the pager, when I come back to the page
where FrameMaker is, I have to hit Control-L to refresh the view,
otherwise the text area of the window is blank.

Just changing pages doesn't cause a problem, there has to be
a desk change.

Any hints?

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 14:00:29 +0200

> Just changing pages doesn't cause a problem, there has to be

So it must have something to do with unmapping/mapping the window.
It seems that the window does not get an Expose event or the event
is screwed up or it is ignored.

We got such reports quite a number of times since 2.2, but this is
the first time one of the core developers sees this.  Dan, can you
try to debug this?  No idea where this comes from.  I'd start with
single stepping throuch the desk change code (possibly with
XSynchronize enabled).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]