Subject: system header file problem with glibc-2.2.2

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 16:00:17 +0200

Since I recently upgraded from SuSE 7.1 to 7.2, I get some
warnings in several files when compiling with -Wall, e.g.:

gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs         -I/usr/X11R6/include   -DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local/libexec/fvwm/2.4.1\"       -DFVWM_DATADIR=\"/usr/local/share/fvwm\"        -DFVWM_CONFDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" -Wall -Werror -g -c module_interface.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
module_interface.c: In function `CMD_ModuleSynchronous':
module_interface.c:449: warning: implicit declaration of function `time'
module_interface.c:507: warning: implicit declaration of function `difftime'
make: *** [module_interface.o] Error 1

The declarations of the system functions time() and difftime()
were apparently moved from /usr/include/sys/time.h to
/usr/include/time.h.  Although I could easily fix this for me by
adding

 #include <time.h>

at all places where sys/time.h is included, I fear this would
break other platforms.  What is the correct (autoconf'ed)
solution?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]