Subject: realease or not release?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 08:24:52 +0200

I'd be willing to push out 2.4 this evening (Sunday), although I
just committed two small code changes.  I proof read them several
times and am sure that they work without flaws.

 - Build and tag 2.4 later in the evening.
 - Rename the tarball to fvwm-2.4.0-pre2.
 - Put it in the testing directory without announcing it.
 - Test it until monday evening (GMT)
 - If it is okay, update the web pages, rename the tarball to
   fvwm-2.4.0, move it into the proper place and announce it.

Okay?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 09:18:08 +0200

>    fvwm-2.4.0, move it into the proper place and announce it.

For me it is Okay.
Olivier

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Jul 2001 09:20:01 -0400

Do it.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 10:38:18 -0400

>    fvwm-2.4.0, move it into the proper place and announce it.

The menu fix didn't work.
I think its still OK to release.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:35:21 +0200

> The menu fix didn't work.

It was not intended to work.  I see no easy way to prevent polling
the pointer position every (PopupDelay * 10) milliseconds (that is
what you logged).  But Of course it isn't nice to have 6 to 7
queries per second going over the network while a menu is open,
but on the other hand it's not this much if you keep in mind that
menus are never open for a long time.

> I think its still OK to release.

I'll start building right now.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^