Subject: What to do for next release?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 02:28:52 +0200

I have been thinking about the plans for the next release and
about the long way we had to go for 2.4.  Dan is absolutely right
when he wants to find a way to establish a shorter release cycle.
2.4 took to much time and I doubt I have the endurace for such an
herculean effort again.  There are a *lot* of things that were
postponed until after 2.4 that could be done now.  All the small
enhancement requests and bug fixes alone may justify another
release.

I believe 2.4 got out of hand because we tried to do everything at
once at first and then there were too many dependencies in the
code to be resolved so that we could not release although we
wanted to.  It may be better to plan for a 2.6 release that comes
up with many small enhancements, bug fixes and maybe even some of
the bigger but less disruptive features.  A new stable release
within half of a year semms to be a good plan to me.

What do you think?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 00:23:48 +0000

> within half of a year semms to be a good plan to me.

If we already go for 2.6 in some months, maybe grab cvs before Xinerama
commits and release 2.4.1 based on it? The current one may become 2.5.0.
This is somewhat similar to what I and Olivier suggested previously.

Regards,
Mikhael.