Subject: A small patch for FvwmTaskBar

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:24:06 +0700

Hi!

    This patch addresses two issues:

    1. "AutoHide" config option now accepts an optional parameter
which tells how many pixels to leave visible in a hidden state, and
default is changed from 2 to 3.  This fixes a problem of AutoHide'ing
taskbar interference with default EdgeThickness 2.

    2. TaskBar hides/reveals more smoothly, due to a delay between
steps.  Initially there was just a loop with only XMoveWindow()
inside, which rendered "animation" almost invisible (and, BTW, very X-
implementation-dependent).

    Additionally, it fixes a little mistake in manpage where
"IconColorset" was referred to as "Colorset".

    BTW, as to issue 1: maybe it is worth changing hide/reveal
behaviour a little, so that HideTaskBar only hides if TaskBar window
has no focus?  And call RevealTaskBar() when FocusInWin becomes 1.

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13

This message contains a file prepared for transmission using the
MIME BASE64 transfer encoding scheme. If you are using Pegasus
Mail or another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to extract
it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system
administrator for help.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  FVWMTASK.DIF
     Date:  8 Jul 2001, 18:08
     Size:  6259 bytes.
     Type:  Binary