Subject: fvwm-2.4.0-pre3 is uploaded

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 04:04:41 +0000

Jason please move fvwm-2.4.0-pre3.tar.{gz,bz2} to the testing directory.

I tested the package more than once. It would be nice if Olivier verified
that there are no problems with the package.

In any case, the instructions posted by Dominik are valid with one minor
correction. The release time is immediately after July, 03 20:00 GMT.

Then please:

  * rename these packages to fvwm-2.4.0.{gz,bz2}, move to the proper place
  * in fvwm-web cvs dir apply fvwm-web-2.4.0.patch and "cvs commit"

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Jul 2001 00:03:14 -0500

>>>>> "MG" == Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]> writes:

MG> Jason please move fvwm-2.4.0-pre3.tar.{gz,bz2} to the testing
MG> directory.

It's there.

MG> In any case, the instructions posted by Dominik are valid with one
MG> minor correction. The release time is immediately after July, 03 20:00
MG> GMT.

It's nearly 2001.07.03 05:00 UTC now, which means I'll do the release at
15:00 CDT (my local time).  Unless UTC and GMT aren't currently
coincident.  (This stuff makes my brain hurt.)

I will mail out the announcement (docs/ANNOUNCE) at that time, unless
someone else wants their name in the headers.

 - J<

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:16:43 +0200

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 12:03:14AM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> I will mail out the announcement (docs/ANNOUNCE) at that time,

... or unless the package is screwed up - which is the case.  It
bears the release number 2.4.0.1 since I already changed the
ChangeLog, configure.in and NEWS.  Also, the fvwm-web patch does
not have the correct date anymore.  Forthermore, the dates in the
module man pages do not match the intended release date anymore.
I have to redo everything from scratch (*groan*).  Can somebody
tell me the cvs command to move the 2.4.0 tag to the current file
versions?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 07:59:02 +0000

On 03 Jul 2001 09:16:43 +0200, Dominik Vogt wrote:
> ChangeLog, configure.in and NEWS.

Did you download 2.4.0-pre3? :)

It has no 2.4.0.1 anywhere, because as I said I did it from
"cvs update -r version-2_4_0". The files that you mention have version
after symbolic version-2_4_0, so this is not included in the package.

> Also, the fvwm-web patch does

  % cvs tag -F version-2_4_0 [files]

I think that pre3 is just good to be a release. Trust me. But if you want
to have an additional headache, which I really wanted not to cut from you,
you may decide differently. :)

Web patch may be redone. It is ok by me that the date is July 1, since we
didn't have a single code change since then, so pre-2 is not different.

As I wrote this, I got an email about pre4. But the tag is not moved,
so "cvs update -r version-2_4_0" is still pre3. So either pre4 is not
synchronized with cvs tag version-2_4_0 or pre4 is the same as pre3.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:16:20 +0200

> you may decide differently. :)

I'd really prefer if you didn't take that this lightly.  It's no
fun to double and triple check each step I make and I don't think
it's a good idea to change the set of distributed files 6 hours
before the release (see "todo-2.4" and "todo-3.0").

> synchronized with cvs tag version-2_4_0 or pre4 is the same as pre3.

The tag has been move for all files that were changed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 08:40:11 +0000

> before the release (see "todo-2.4" and "todo-3.0").

The list of distributed files is defined in Makefile.am, I didn't change
it. This change didn't actually add todo-2.4 and todo-3.0 to rpm
because they are not distributed with dist, it was harmless.

> The tag has been move for all files that were changed.

Ok, I see that you tagged a new tag "version_2_4_0"; tag "version-2_4_0"
is not moved.

Here is that may be done to synchronize these tags:

  % cvs tag -r version_2_4_0 -F version-2_4_0

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 10:17:00 +0200

> that there are no problems with the package.

No problems :o)

Olivier

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 07:25:01 -0400

> someone else wants their name in the headers.

If you like, I can take care of the Freshmeat announcement when
the time comes.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Jul 2001 09:44:31 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> If you like, I can take care of the Freshmeat announcement when the
DE> time comes.

Please do.

 - J<

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 16:52:47 -0400

> DE> If you like, I can take care of the Freshmeat announcement when the

Hmm, Freshmeat has  been trying to process my  submission for the last
25 minutes.  I have to head for home soon.  I'll try again from home.

Jason, are you going to hit any newsgroups?  comp.windows.x and
comp.windows.x.apps seem correct.

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 03 Jul 2001 17:09:48 -0400

Post to comp.os.linux.announce, as well, I think.  It's moderated and
slow, but many folks read it.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 20:07:30 -0400

> 25 minutes.  I have to head for home soon.  I'll try again from home.

It looks like Freshmeat was taking so long because I attempted to
paste the entire ANNOUNCE file into the "changes" box.

I trimmed it down and got it through.