Subject: ResizeSizeWindow still in fvwm/fvwm.c

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 10:01:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Dominik,

it seems to me that fvwm/fvwm.c from current CVS still uses the obsolete
function ResizeSizeWindow (line 705): I've tried removing fvwm/fvwm.c and
then doing 'cvs up' just to be sure, and I get it again.

cvs status fvwm/fvwm.c
===================================================================
File: fvwm.c            Status: Up-to-date

   Working revision:    1.267
   Repository revision: 1.267   /home/cvs/fvwm/fvwm/fvwm/fvwm.c,v
   Sticky Tag:          1.267
   Sticky Date:         (none)
   Sticky Options:      (none)

If I change by hand ResizeSizeWindow() with resize_geometry_window()
everything works fine.

cheers,
Giuseppe.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 15:27:53 +0200

> then doing 'cvs up' just to be sure, and I get it again.

The current working revision is 1.269.  I guess the problem will
go away if you delete the whole fvwm source tree and do a clean
checkout.  The call is definitely not in the current sources.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 2001 17:58:44 -0400

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> Sticky Tag:          1.267

You have a sticky tag.  That means that no matter how often you update
this file, and how many new versions are checked in after it, your
working copy will never change from version 1.267.

You have to unstick this; use:

  cvs upate -A

to get the latest versions on the branch without regard to sticky stuff,
and the sticky tag will go away.

See the CVS manual for more info.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 09:47:40 +0200 (MET DST)

> and the sticky tag will go away.

Thanks, it worked !

Cheers,
Giuseppe.