Subject: Re: CVS domivogt: * First version of Xinerama support.

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:01:02 +0700

On 22 Jul 01 at 1:48, [email-masked] wrote:

> On 21 Jul 2001 14:29:27 -0500, FVWM CVS wrote:
> >
> > Log message:
> > * First version of Xinerama support.
>
> I don't think that HAS_XINERAMA is ever defined (because XINERAMA_CPPFLAGS
> is nowhere used) and thus parts of the xinerama code are ever compiled in,
> although it is reported as such.
>
> It is also buggy. Windows get Y coordinate -99999, i.e. disappear, when
> trying to move them...

    Seems very strange.  I haven't tested current CVS version, but such an
effect should never happen -- XineramaSupport falls back to "global" screen,
which is DisplayWidth()xDisplayHeight()+0+0, so I have no idea where -99999
came from (there *theoretically* can be -32767 from
XiSuppGetResistanceRect(), but not -99999).  Probably a result of not-yet-
complete checkin?

> I don't have any real hardware xinerama setup, but X supports it.

    XineramaSupport is designed to be "always active" -- no matter if real
XINERAMA extension is present/enabled -- in the latter case it will look as
only one screen, having DisplayWidth*DisplayHeight size.
       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]