Subject: xfm and moxfm: Once more unto the breach...

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:54:44 -0400

Hi, all --

	After way too long an absence, I finally got around to installing
2.4.0, and discovered that the old "no double-clicks getting passed to
xfm and moxfm" problem that I fixed back in December of 1999 has
resurfaced, at least partly. This time it only appears to affect
ClickToFocus mode.

	Dominik, it looks like it was probably introduced with some of the grab
changes you made in the Sept-Nov 2000 timeframe. (Obviously, I haven't
done a CVS update in a long time.) It'll take me a while to get back up
to speed on what's going on in that area. I see my old footprints in the
code, but the surrounding sand is all different.

	Now to see if my CVS and build setup still works....

Cheers,
Bob
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:41:53 +0200

> resurfaced, at least partly. This time it only appears to affect

I see no problem at all.  Are you sure you are using

  Style * ClickToFocusPassesClick

? On the other hand it seems SuSE 7.2 ships with a much improved
xfm version (1.4.2.patchl04).  Perhaps the problem has been solved
there.

> 	Now to see if my CVS and build setup still works....

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Bob Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 08:22:00 -0400

>   Style * ClickToFocusPassesClick

	Yup.

> xfm version (1.4.2.patchl04).  Perhaps the problem has been solved

	Curious...I grabbed the 1.4.2p4 tarball, and it does indeed work. Their
Changelog mentions a fix (in 1.4.2p3) that addresses this: "double
clicks in the file window finally work in ol[v]wm/kwm even if the focus
policy is "click to focus" (app window still needs to be fixed)". I'll
have to see what they did, and discuss it with the current maintainer.

Cheers,
Bob