Subject: Notification: incoming/746

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:03:54 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/746

Message summary for PR#746
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: fvwm2 pager DRI page_switch = crash
	Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:03:53 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Jul 24 01:03:54 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: fvwm2+pager+DRI+page_switch = crash
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 01:03:53 -0500

Full_Name: Igor Evdokimov
Version: 2.4.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.4.3
X_Server: XFree86 4.0.3
Submission from: (NULL) (212.17.0.160)

I have Matrox G450 and DRI enabled in XFree.

I have a FvwmPager on the desktop. For example 2x2 size.

For example, if I compile GEARS program using OpenGL/Mesa
_hardware_acceleration_, and run it in Page(1,1), then switch
to the Page(1,2), then back to Page(1,2) - all I see
is the same desktop with _black_ GEARS window, and my system hangs.
You may run any another OpenGL appication - and have the same
result.

Is it FVWM bug or XFree DRI bug or something else?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:11:18 +0200

> Is it FVWM bug or XFree DRI bug or something else?

All that fvwm does with the window is to move it off screen.  If
application does not like that, it's either a problem of the X
server or the application itself.  It is safe to assume that fvwm
has no part in in.  However, it might help to put

  Style GEARS BackingStore

in your config file (replace GEARS with the name of the window).
Fvwm will then tell the X server to keep the contents of the
window in memory even if it is moved off screen or covered by
other windows. 

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

 --
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Igor Evdokimov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:00:15 +0700

> window in memory even if it is moved off screen or covered by

Hi, Dominik!

Thank you for an answer!
I'll try to put this string in config.

Today I tried IceWM manager - and have the same problem as with fvwm,
it must be an X DRI problem.

Good Luck!

-- 
Best regards,			
Igor Evdokimov
IGEV			[email-masked]