Subject: Notification: incoming/736

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:19:05 -0500

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/736

Message summary for PR#736
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: FvwmIconBox dumps core
	Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:19:03 -0500
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Mon Jul 09 09:19:05 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: FvwmIconBox dumps core
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 09:19:03 -0500

Full_Name: Eike Grote
Version: 2.4.0
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.8
X_Server: Openwin X
Submission from: (NULL) (194.221.211.33)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
To reproduce the bug:

1) start 'xv' (here: 2.0.01.13) - open "Controls" window - click "Save"
     => FvwmIconBox disappears und dumps core file
2) start "Internet Explorer 5" - choose "Help"   =>  (see above)

Most other programs (xterm, Netscape, ghostview, xfig,...) seem
to cause no problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message in console:

FvwmIconBox: Cause of next X Error.
   Error: 2 (BadValue)
   Major opcode of failed request:  53 (CreatePixmap)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  0 
   Resource id of failed request:  0x0 
 Leaving a core dump now
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Stack trace of debugger (dbx):

  [1] _libc_kill(0x0, 0x6, 0x0, 0xffffffff, 0x5eea0, 0xff0354b0), at
0xff09a790
  [2] abort(0xff0b8000, 0x19, 0xff0bf9b4, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xff035594
=>[3] PrintXErrorAndCoredump(dpy = 0x62fe0, error = 0xffbef7d0, MyName =
0x629e0 "FvwmIconBox"), line 59 in "XError.c"
  [4] myErrorHandler(dpy = 0x62fe0, event = 0xffbef7d0), line 3006 in
"FvwmIconBox.c"
  [5] _XError(0xff2a182c, 0xffbef8f8, 0xff29c000, 0x62fe0, 0xffbef8f8,
0x223e), at 0xff23d0f0
  [6] _XReply(0x62fe0, 0x2242, 0x0, 0x223e, 0x2242, 0x0), at 0xff21cfb0
  [7] XSync(0x62fe0, 0x0, 0x0, 0xffbefa70, 0xffbefa6c, 0xffbef9fc), at
0xff22416c
  [8] Loop(), line 573 in "FvwmIconBox.c"
  [9] main(argc = 6, argv = 0xffbefb7c), line 319 in "FvwmIconBox.c"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Piece of code in FvwmIconBox.c causing error (most probably - I'm no X
expert...):

#ifdef SHAPE
                  if (tmp->icon_maskPixmap != None) {
                    int hr = (Pdefault | (tmp->icon_depth == 1)
                              | IS_PIXMAP_OURS(tmp)) ? icon_relief/2 : 0;
                    /* This XSync is necessary, do not remove */
                    /* without it the icon window will disappear */
                    /* server: Exceed, client Sparc/Solaris 2.6 */
                    /* don't know if this is a server or xlib bug */
                    XSync(dpy, False);
                    XShapeCombineMask(dpy, tmp->icon_pixmap_w,
                                      ShapeBounding, hr, hr,
                                      tmp->icon_maskPixmap, ShapeSet);
                  }
#endif
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Usage of FvwmIconBox in my configuration (.fvwm2rc):

 ...
*FvwmButtons(2x6, Swallow FvwmIconBox FvwmIconBox)
 ...
########################## FvwmIconBox ##################################

*FvwmIconBoxSortIcons WindowName
*FvwmIconBoxSetWMIconSize
*FvwmIconBoxHilightFocusWin
*FvwmIconBoxResolution Desk

*FvwmIconBoxPlacement   Left Top
*FvwmIconBoxGeometry    1x4-0+0
*FvwmIconBoxLines       1
*FvwmIconBoxHideSC    Horizontal

*FvwmIconBoxMaxIconSize 80x0
*FvwmIconBoxPadding 2
*FvwmIconBoxFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-15-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
*FvwmIconBoxFrameWidth 3 1

*FvwmIconBoxMouse       1       Click           Iconify
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       1       DoubleClick     RaiseLower
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       2       Click           Iconify -1, Focus
*FvwmIconBoxMouse       3       Click           Module "FvwmIdent"
FvwmIdent

*FvwmIconBoxKey         r       RaiseLower
*FvwmIconBoxKey         space   Iconify
*FvwmIconBoxKey         d       Close
*FvwmIconBoxKey         n       Next
*FvwmIconBoxKey         p       Prev
*FvwmIconBoxKey         h       Left
*FvwmIconBoxKey         j       Down
*FvwmIconBoxKey         k       Up
*FvwmIconBoxKey         l       Right

*FvwmIconBoxBack gray90

*FvwmIconBox "Fvwm*" -
*FvwmIconBox "FvwmButtons" -
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Building of fvwm-2.4.0 on my machine:

env CC=cc CXX=CC sh ./configure \
   --with-xpm-includes=/usr/local/oldlocal/include \
   --with-xpm-library=/usr/local/lib/libXpm.a \
   --prefix=/home/ex10391/fvwm-2.4.0
make
make install

["FvwmIconBox" compiles without any warnings or errors.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Results of "configure":

FVWM Configuration:

  Version:     2.4.0

  Executables: /home/ex10391/fvwm-2.4.0/bin
  Man pages:   /home/ex10391/fvwm-2.4.0/man
  Modules:     /home/ex10391/fvwm-2.4.0/libexec/fvwm/2.4.0
  Data files:  /home/ex10391/fvwm-2.4.0/share/fvwm

  Have ReadLine support?             no: Can't find required libreadline
  Have RPlay support in FvwmEvent?   no: Can't find required librplay
  Have Stroke support?               no: Can't find required libstroke
  Have XPM support?                  yes
  Have GNOME Window Manager support? yes
  Have Session Management support?   yes
  Have GTK support for FvwmGtk?      no: Failed to detect GTK, see
config.log
  Have Multibyte support?            no: This is the suggested default
----------------------------------------------------------------------
History:

The above happened in fvwm-2.3.32, too, but I think that I have
never seen this behavior in version 2.2.4.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]