Subject: Solved: Re: X Application crashes

From: Nils Lohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:09:44 +0200

On Wed, 30 May 2001 15:47:43 +0200, "Nils Lohner" wrote:
>This may or may not be fvwm related.  When launching some applications 
>(proprietary; no source available) I get the following message from X, 
>and the applications shut down.  SOmetimes I think I get fvwm hanging 
>on login from the Sun session manager, but I'm not sure if this problem 
>is related or not.  The hang on login happens randomly and I don't know 
>how to reproduce it. I've also attached a truss output of the 
>application.  I'm not sure if it's helpful since it forks off a child 
>at the end; is there a way to truss the child?
>
>
>X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range 
>for operation)
>  Major opcode of failed request:  53 (X_CreatePixmap)
>  Value in failed request:  0x8
>  Serial number of failed request:  865
>  Current serial number in output stream:  867

This was (as some people guessed) an 8/24 bit problem within the application itself.  Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Regards,
Nils.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]