Subject: Problems building snap-20010618

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 06:30:04 -0500

cvs [update aborted]: connect to cvs.hpc.uh.edu:2401 failed: No route to host
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 11:35:41 -0400

> cvs [update aborted]: connect to cvs.hpc.uh.edu:2401 failed: No route to host

Great news (assuming everything will come back).

I see the web site is back online.
Jason,

  If you can provide some copy,  I'll update the NEWS FLASH on our
main page just so people can know where we were.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jun 2001 23:59:55 -0500

>>>>> "DE" == Dan Espen <[email-masked]> writes:

DE> Great news (assuming everything will come back).

Yes, everything is back.  And I finally have an Internet connexion at home
again so I can do some things that aren't strictly work related.

DE> If you can provide some copy, I'll update the NEWS FLASH on our main
DE> page just so people can know where we were.

Hmmm.  I'm not in much of a writing mood right now, but let's see:

The remnants of tropical storm Allison which have been ravaging the gulf
and east coasts of the United States gave the University of Houston a
present to the tune of more than twelve feet of water in some places.  The
servers hosting fvwm.org are on the sixth floor and this were safe from
rising waters, but the building housing them suffered significant damage to
its power delivery system and will be without electricity for up to ten
weeks.

Once power was restored to parts of campus, the servers were relocated to
get things running again.   Currently all fvwm.org services are up and
running and will be for the foreseeable future.

Sound OK?

 - J<

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:52:37 -0400

> running and will be for the foreseeable future.

Perfect.

Thanks for your hard work, it sounds like a real mess.
By the time Allison hit here, we only got an inch or so of rain.