Subject: Re: fvwm/focus.c: restore_focus_after_unmap()

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:59:12 +0200

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 07:16:29PM +0100, Tim Phipps wrote:
> tim phipps wrote:
> > A) transient windows with parents on a different desk cause the focus to
> > get set to none. A fix is to either transfer focus to the parent and
> > switch desks or not look on other desks for the parent so 2) becomes
> > operative.

According to a comment in placement.c:

  Transients go on the same desk as their parents.

So, did that actually happen to you or is it just a safety patch?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:45:17 +0100

> So, did that actually happen to you or is it just a safety patch?

It's never happened to me but dtpad reuses its windows and you can get
the find/change dialog popping up on another desk, It's not being
created on another desk just re-mapped. It's so annoying that I've made
FvwmEvent move it to the current desk.

It's a safety patch, you never know someone might move a transient to
another desk and close it, e.g. the netscape preferences window is a
transient for the netscape window that you called it from but you might
want to see the effect it has on another netscape window on another
desk.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:24:20 +0200

> want to see the effect it has on another netscape window on another

Okay, I'll apply the patch shortly, but please remember to provide
ChangeLog entries too (not for this patch, I've already written
one).

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]