Subject: Build failure: gdk_imlib.h?

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 May 2001 12:48:49 -0400

I think Dominik had this problem before?

Anyway, I just upgraded to the very latest stuff and did a completely
clean build.  The compile failed in FvwmGtk:

  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../fvwm/modules/FvwmGtk -I../.. -I../../../fvwm  -I/usr/X11R6/include     -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include     -g -O2 -c ../../../fvwm/modules/FvwmGtk/FvwmGtk.c
  ../../../fvwm/modules/FvwmGtk/FvwmGtk.c:36: gdk_imlib.h: No such file or directory

This is on a Debian GNU/Linux woody (testing) distribution, with the
standard Debian GNOME 1.4 packages installed (not the Ximian packages).

I have the imlib and imlib-dev packages installed, and the libgtk1.2 and
libgtk1.2-dev packages installed.

I also have the gdk-imlib (gdk-imlib1) package installed, but apparently
I also need the gdk-imlib-dev package, which I currently don't have.

I think we'll need to test for the gdk_imlib.h file separately, since it
appears that on at least one major distribution it's packaged separately
from anything else we test for when deciding whether to install FvwmGtk.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 01:33:21 +0000

> I think Dominik had this problem before?

No, he didn't have imlib problems. This problem was only on distributions
with separate imlib and gdk-imlib packages.

> from anything else we test for when deciding whether to install FvwmGtk.

FvwmGtk may be installed without imlib (actually gdk-imlib) support.
I fixed the gdk-imlib detection, please retest.

Regards,
Mikhael.