Subject: Debug statements...

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 May 2001 13:35:26 -0400

FYI there are some lingering debug statements left in
event.c:HandleLeaveNotify().

I really would recommend people take a look at the debugging macros,
etc. I added in libs/fvwmlib.h.  It would (I think) save a lot of
wear-and-tear on the CVS archive, with people checking in debugging code
accidentally, then having to go back and remove it again, etc.

What you could do instead is use the debugging library, and set the
debug level for your messages to something appropriately large, then
_leave_ the debugging messages in the code.  You don't have to worry
about removing them and even re-adding them later if something goes
wrong there again.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 12:51:33 +0200

> about removing them and even re-adding them later if something goes

Really, I'm fully aware of these macros, but they do not match my
needs.  Whenever I have a touch problem to debug, I throw dozens
of fprintfs all over the code.  If I left them in I would get
thousands of messages later when debugging other bugs.  I am
missing a way to select only the debug output for a specific
problem.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]