Subject: Re: Icon titles not retracting

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:09:32 +0700

On  6 May 01 at 15:26, [email-masked] wrote:

> On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 01:06:46AM -0500, An Thi-Nguyen Le wrote:
> > Version: 2.3.32
> >
> > When icons are focused on via the keyboard (e.g., binding 'Next [Iconic] Focus'
> > to a key sequence), the icon title expands (as expected),
>
> No, that's not expected at all.  Expanding the title should only
> occur when the pointer enters the icon, it has nothing to do with
> the focus.  It never occured to me that this could be useful.  Can
> you please strip down your config file as much as possible so that
> this still happens and send it along with step by step
> instructions so that I can try to reproduce it here?  The simple
> binding you gave does not show the bug for me.

    When had this changed?  Fvwm 2.2.4 had this behaviour at least with
AnotherLevel (i.e. the icon title shown expanded while the icon had
focus)...  and the users got accustomed to it.

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:39:12 +0200

> focus)...  and the users got accustomed to it.

Hm, now that you say it, I can vaguely remember.  Expanding the
title when the pointer is over the icon was introduced in 2.3.2.
I guess there is some relation to the new feature.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 13:47:22 +0200

> I guess there is some relation to the new feature.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 01:59:33 +0000

> > I guess there is some relation to the new feature.

I don't think this is a good change. We discussed this 2 years ago and
agreed (at least Dominik, Matthias and me) that leaving an icon should
collapse the icon title.

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/9904/msg00609.html

The opposite behaviour is very annoying if you don't have other focusable
windows on a page just to shutdown that long icon title.

Dmitry, are you sure you prefer that old behavior? :)
I think we should restore the behavior we had for more than 2 years now.
We may have an option later if anyone really prefers another one.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 01:26:29 +0200

>   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/9904/msg00609.html

I don't remeber anything :-)  I thought this awas changed by
accident.  I can easily disavble the fix if need be.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]