Subject: XPM question

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:32:26 +0200

Which XPM lib do people use for fvwm?  I've tried xpm3.4k (I think 
that's the latest I have) but it doesn't compile easily.  imlib doesn't 
seem to do xpm; anyone have a URL for an XPM lib that works well witl 
fvwm?

Thanks,
Nils.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: André Dahlqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:45:15 +0200

Nils Lohner <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Which XPM lib do people use for fvwm?

Seeing you have a @debian.org address I assume you are running Debian. I am
too, and I just used the version of XPM that is shipped with XFree86 4.0.x.
-- 

André Dahlqvist <[email-masked]>

---

From: Nils Lohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:05:00 +0200

On Thu, 31 May 2001 16:45:15 +0200, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andr=E9?= Dahlqvist 
wrote:
>Seeing you have a @debian.org address I assume you are running Debian. I =
>am
>too, and I just used the version of XPM that is shipped with XFree86 4.0.=
>x.

If I were running debian, an 'apt-get install fvwm' would suffice, but 
as I am not (using solaris here at work, with plenty of GNU tools 
compiled) I need to compile it myself.  Openwin doesn't have it by 
default.

Regards,
Nils.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 11:03:50 -0400

> seem to do xpm; anyone have a URL for an XPM lib that works well witl 

Solaris right?

I'm using xpm3.4j, but I just compiled 3.4k using the Makefile.noX
proceedure and Suns compiler without a hitch.  (I just built the
static library.)

In the past I've built the shared library, thats what I normally use.
I think I followed the xmkmf procedure but did the make install step
by hand, by looking at what the Makefile wanted to do and doing it
myself.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]