Subject: Re: fvwm-ewmh pre-announce

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 16:52:05 +0700

On  6 May 01 at 21:28, [email-masked] wrote:

> Any way, I am interested by the utf 8 stuff. It is a good solution for
> supporting all the languages. So, maybe I will implement the utf-8 part
> of the spec. in the future. At the present time I have to take a look at
> the different C libraries available. Any suggestion is welcome.

    AFAIK, the most ubiquitous charset conversion library is libiconv.  GNU
libiconv is available at
http://clisp.cons.org/~haible/packages-libiconv.html .

    If you wish to *display* utf8 strings, there is a Xutf8* family by Bruno
Haible in XFree86 >= 4.0.2, but these are experimental and their inclusion
caused great scandal in [email-masked] (CJK people disliked this interface
very much).

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]