Subject: WindowId conditions

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 15:37:51 +0100

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-35 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /u/phippst/sunos

FVWM Version:	2.3.31
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.3.31
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	The man page states that WindowId takes the same conditions as
	current but it seems to understand CirculateHit. I'd like it
	to offically support CirculateHit and !CirculateHit, or
	WindowListHit and !WindowListHit, or some combination that
	lets me test if the window is interesting.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:20:58 +0200

> 	lets me test if the window is interesting.

At present, WindowId and Current seem to hard wire CirculateHit
and CirculateHitIcon but explicitly setting their flag values to
1.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 10:05:40 +0100

> and CirculateHitIcon but explicitly setting their flag values to

Ah, I remember now, CirculateHit and CirculateHitIcon aren't really
conditions, they control the list of windows to search, The man page
confused me, which is embarrasing since I think I wrote parts of it.

What I would like now is an extra condition: CirculateSkip (and
!CirculateSkip) to
be used to test the CirculateSkip style flag. I only want it for the
WindowId command but it might be simpler to have it in all. If you think
it's too confusing to have CirculateHit and CirculateSkip in the
conditions for Next/Prev/None/Direction then I'll be happy with
WindowListSkip to test the WindowListSkip style flag.

Cheers,
Tim.