Subject: Time for another beta?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:02:20 +0200

I think it's time to buid the next beta soon.  Can you build it
again, Dan?

--

I'm still not sure when to finally release 2.4.  The longer we
wait the more serious problems come up.  At this rate, we are
nowhere near the realease, right?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 06:56:11 -0400

> I think it's time to buid the next beta soon.  Can you build it

Did you find out whats wrong with the menus?

It seems to me the recent betas aren't creating new problem reports.
If we just fix the problems we know about, I think we can do 2.4.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:59:06 +0200

> Did you find out whats wrong with the menus?

Er, menus?  What's wrong with menus? I can't remember.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 10:57:16 -0400

> Er, menus?  What's wrong with menus? I can't remember.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this...

I usually operate the menus entirely thru the keyboard, and
I have most of the hot keys memorized, so I type ahead of the menus.

A few times recently,  I've had the  menus loose  focus and  the focus
reverts back to the window I was in when I started.  I can type in the
window with the menus still visible.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:25:35 -0400

> window with the menus still visible.

I get this consistently trying to get to a menu 3 levels deep when the
second menu causes both menus to shift to the right.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 18:42:44 +0200

> second menu causes both menus to shift to the right.

Can you make a sample config with instructions?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:05:02 -0400

> Can you make a sample config with instructions?

You are absolutely correct, I left out critical information.

The attached didn't fail until I put in the menustyle information.

Put the pointer near the right edge of the screen, over a window.
Press shift F1, then U, then A.

Style "*"           MouseFocus

Key F12 A S Menu Utilities

DestroyMenu Utilities
AddToMenu "Utilities" "Utilities" Title
+  "&U. Misc Utilities" Popup Misc-Utilities

DestroyMenu "Misc-Utilities"
AddToMenu "Misc-Utilities" "Misc-Utilities" Title
+  "%mini.ear.xpm%&A. audiotool - Sound Editor" Echo Sounds..

MenuStyle "*" WIN, PopupDelayed, PopupDelay 150
MenuStyle "*" Animation
MenuStyle "*" PopupOffset 1 100

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 13:24:10 +0200

> Press shift F1, then U, then A.

Okay, I see.  Consider this fixed :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:43:37 -0400

> Er, menus?  What's wrong with menus? I can't remember.

The menus seem to be fixed now.  I'll try to get  in a Purify run this
weekend, use this for a while longer, and then I think we're ready for
2.4.