Subject: Usedecor again

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 11:37:56 -0400

I don't remember if I tested after you made this change:

2001-03-27  Dominik Vogt  <[email-masked]>
	fixed (?) ChangeDecor/UseDecor/Style problem

but usedecor doesn't seem to work without Recapture.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 17:01:25 +0200

> but usedecor doesn't seem to work without Recapture.

I see no problem.  Changes of the used decor are applied
immediately.  However, if you destroy the decor before modifying
it, you have to re apply the decor to all relevant windows with
ChangeDecor.  This is however documented and can not be fixed in a
consistent way.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:40:01 -0400

> ChangeDecor.  This is however documented and can not be fixed in a

OK,  I don't think I understood that before.

In order to change decors for all windows you have to use the decor
already used by Style "*" and not destroy it, just keep adding to it.

It seems to work, I'll run more tests.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:16:36 +0200

> It seems to work, I'll run more tests.

We would need a way to empty the decor without destroying it a la
the recreate option of DestroyMenu.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 14:51:31 +0200

> the recreate option of DestroyMenu.

I just wrote this option since it was fairly easy to do.  Dan,
could you please review the code I added to CMD_DestroyDecor() to
make sure I did not make any mistakes?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 12:09:42 -0400

> make sure I did not make any mistakes?

After looking for about 20 minutes, the only thing I see is that
line 1998 is extra since InitFvwmDecor memsets the entire Decor
structure.

I also tested it and it works fine.
I like the idea that we can explicitly clear the decor.

Thanks.