Subject: Keyboard control of wireframes

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 13:33:36 -0400

My placement policy is:

Style "*"           ActivePlacement, SmartPlacement

when I create a window and  there is no empty space  for the window to
be placed in, I get a wireframe.

If focus was in a window when the wireframe appears, I can't use the keyboard
to position or place the window.

I think this just started recently, since I do this a lot.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:57:07 +0200

> I think this just started recently, since I do this a lot.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 17:08:44 -0400

Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:
> > If focus was in a window when the wireframe appears, I can't use the
> > keyboard to position or place the window.
> > 

Its still not working.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 04:58:53 +0200

> > > I think this just started recently, since I do this a lot.

I noticed that moving/resizing window with the keyboard had the
same problem and assumed fixing it would fix the placement problem
too.  Later I forgot to thest the initial setup.  I'll commit the
placement fix in a few minutes.

BTW, I noticed another thing with keyboard moves.  When you issue
any command that needs a window outside of a window context, you
have to select a window to operate on.  But you can't do that
with the keyboard because the DeferExecution function does not
handle keyboard input (at least not with the parameters that it
is usually called with).  But you can neither select a window with
a mouse button for move and resize because releasing the button
ends to operation.  I can't remember if this is a new problem or
if it always has been like this.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 05:09:17 +0200

> if it always has been like this.

Same problem.  The keyboard was not grabbed during the selection.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^