Subject: Layer and Transient window

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:06:49 +0200

Hello,
I would like to describe something that is strange for me. This
probably a bug.

Say that I use Style "main_win" RaiseTransient,  DontStackTransientParent
if I popup a transient window then it is allways on the top of
its main window (fine). However, I can use the Layer command
(on the main window or on the transient window) to raise the
main_win on the top of the transient window (fine again)

So now I use Style "main_win" RaiseTransient,  StackTransientParent
again if I popup a transient window then it is allways on the top of
its main window. But now:
I cannot change the layer of the transient window to a smaller layer
or a bigger layer: the command is rejected and the layer is set to the
main window. Is this normal?
Change of the layer of the main window work fine (without change
of the layer of the transient).
It seems to me that this is a bug and that if the user change the layer
of a window (transient or not) this should be accepted and the layer
of the other windows in the "transient" group which are mapped should
not change.
Similar problems arise with LowerTransient and StackTransientParent.

Olivier

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 16:19:05 +0200

> Similar problems arise with LowerTransient and StackTransientParent.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]