Subject: Recent changes and 2.4

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 10:44:39 -0400

Looks like enough changes have been applied that another Purify
run is called for before 2.4.
Just let me know, and give me a few days, and I'll do it.

As you make changes, give some thought to the test scripts.  See if
you can add something to test what you just changed.

This recent bug with FvwmCpp was surprising, it looks like this hasn't
been working on Solaris for a long time.  I know I never used it before.
I know our test scripts are lacking when it comes to modules.

Creating the test script for FvwmButtons convinced me that FvwmCommand
is a better way to go than the huge config file approach used for
the purify test.  Someday the purify test should be changed over to
FvwmCommand.  (I'm not volunteering right now.)

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 19:05:38 +0200

> Just let me know, and give me a few days, and I'll do it.

Yes.

> you can add something to test what you just changed.

You are right.  I'll think about new test cases.

> FvwmCommand.  (I'm not volunteering right now.)

Actually, the purify test was initially only intended as a test
for the overhauled parsing interface.  Back in 2.1.x days I
rewrote the parsers for most commands.  I'd love to have a real
test suite, but every time I try to add some new tests I'm
overwhelmed by the complexity.  For example, a while ago I wanted
to write test cases for window operations vs. various window
states (e.g. a shaded sticky bottom title transient window on page
2 3 of desk 77 w/ restart/move/maximize/...)  Unfortunately found
more than 1.500.000.000 relevant test cases.  And then, you also
have to define the proper behaviour in each of these cases.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]