Subject: RaiseLower doesn't behave like Raise when window has transients

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:13:30 +0100

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-35 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /u/phippst/sunos

FVWM Version:	2.3.32
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.3.32
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Repeat-By:
	1) Create a window with a non-overlapping transient.
	2) Create another window that overlaps the transient but not the
	   first window.
	3) Bind a key to the Raise function, another key to Lower
	   and another to RaiseLower.
	4) On the first window, hit Raise, RaiseLower then RaiseLower
	
	The Raise will raise the transient above the second window,
	the first RaiseLower will lower the transient, the second
	RaiseLower does nothing, it should behave like Raise.

	This only happens when the first window is not overlapped by
	anything. I don't have any style flags set for transient
	behaviour, just the default, whatever that is.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 21:23:47 +0200

> 	behaviour, just the default, whatever that is.

Right.  As long as the window is not overlapped, it is always
considered to be raised already, so every 'raiselower' will lower
it.  This is not easy to fix with the current implementation of
the restacking code.  Some time in the future I'd like to rewrite
that code so that a window and all its transients are treated as
a single window when stacked, thus eliminating the visual effects
there are now (caused by the recursion).  For now, would you
please put this into Jitterbug as a confirmed bug?  The problem
does not look serious enough to touch that code right now.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]