Subject: Bug? in MWM-style window decorations

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:34:45 +0700

Hi!

    I've noticed a strange appearance of MWM-style window handles in the
current CVS version (28-Mar-2001).

    Two xv-grabbed gifs of the same window are attached, first (dcvs0328) is
from CVS version, second (dfvwm222) is from fvwm-2.2.2 (from RedHat-6.1).
The config file used is the same AnotherLevel-1.0.1-1 (*), but the problem
exists with fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwm2rc too.

    The problem is that extra highlighted pixels are drawn, which produce
various undesired effects -- handles stick to titlebar buttons, highlight
on the top of vertical stroke of upper-right handle protrudes to normal-
colored area, etc.  On the other hand, bottom edges of right border and top-
right handle lack some highlighting, which make them look not-so-3D.

    As I understand, the miscalculation was introduced long ago, and there
are some more effects -- the gifs are of different size, CVS's being a pixel
taller and two pixels wider.

(*): AnotherLevel configs are almost stock RedHat's, with only font size
     increased from 12 to 14 and windowshade button added.

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13

This message contains a file prepared for transmission using the
MIME BASE64 transfer encoding scheme. If you are using Pegasus
Mail or another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to extract
it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system
administrator for help.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  DCVS0328.GIF
     Date:  28 Mar 2001, 11:58
     Size:  1906 bytes.
     Type:  Binary
This message contains a file prepared for transmission using the
MIME BASE64 transfer encoding scheme. If you are using Pegasus
Mail or another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to extract
it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system
administrator for help.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  DFVWM222.GIF
     Date:  28 Mar 2001, 11:59
     Size:  1902 bytes.
     Type:  Binary

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 00:38:24 +0200

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 01:34:45PM +0700, Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov wrote:
Content-Description: Mail message body
> taller and two pixels wider.

Fixed in CVS.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]