Subject: Moving FVWM CVS and lists

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Mar 2001 16:11:38 -0600

The old machine that hosts the FVWM CVS repository and mailing lists is
being decommissioned.  Thus I will be moving those services to a new
machine tonight.

The IP address of the CVS server will change from 129.7.3.5 to
129.7.128.13, but the name will remain as cvs.fvwm.org.  It will take time
for the DNS to catch up with the change, though, so you may have to
hardwire the IP for a time if you need to access the repository in the
interim.  The lists will still be reachable @fvwm.org as usual.  The old
addresses @hpc.uh.edu will be iffy for a while.

Once the DNS catches up, everything should be back to normal although (of
course) Murphy will always have his wrench ready to throw into the works.
I'm going to try and make this transition go as smoothly as possible.

I will be making this change at 8PM CST today.

 - J<
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:43:46 +0100

> addresses @hpc.uh.edu will be iffy for a while.

It's 10:40 AM GMT+1 now:

  $ cvs -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/home/cvs/fvwm login
  (Logging in to [email-masked])
  CVS password: 
  cvs [login aborted]: recv() from server 129.7.128.13: EOF

In other words: I can't reach CVS at the moment, even with an IP
address instead of the hostname.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 13 Mar 2001 13:09:46 -0600

>>>>> "DV" == Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

DV> In other words: I can't reach CVS at the moment, even with an IP
DV> address instead of the hostname.

@$^%$#%.  It looks like hosts.allow is stopping access even though it
shouldn't be.  Of course it works fine here.  I'll figure how to turn it
off.

Can you try again?

 - J<

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 14:20:02 -0500

> shouldn't be.  Of course it works fine here.  I'll figure how to turn it

Seems to be working for me.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:28:00 +0100

> shouldn't be.  Of course it works fine here.  I'll figure how to turn it

It works now.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 02:13:23 +0100

> shouldn't be.  Of course it works fine here.  I'll figure how to turn it

It works fine from may machine at home.  I'll try my workstation
tomorrow.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]