Subject: final clean up

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 19:23:59 +0100

The to do list has shrunk to only a few items with no bugs left to
fix:

 173) Reword panel description in FvwmButtons man page.

   How far did you get yet, Dan?

 62) Write a new announcement.

   Last thing to do.

 92) Test session management restart code.

   Still not assigned , I think.

 95) Test new panel implementation in FvwmButtons.

   I think Mikhael volunteered, but Dan is also working on this
   item.

 bug #697 (keyboard focus with vnc/NCD)

   Not important enough to delay the release.

So, on my part there is nothing left to do, but I'd help with the
remaining items, of course.  I'll build a new beta release today
so that my latest fixes can be tested.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 12:51:31 -0500

>    How far did you get yet, Dan?

Done.

>    I think Mikhael volunteered, but Dan is also working on this

I wasn't really  trying to create test cases.   I was mainly concerned
with the document.

Mikhael, if you can't do this, I could try to go further.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 12:47:27 -0600

> >  62) Write a new announcement.

I think it is done. Anyway it is up to Dan to finally decide.

> >    Still not assigned , I think.

I will take a look at this next week.
I can't do comprehensive testing though.

> Mikhael, if you can't do this, I could try to go further.

I can, but at this point I prefer to fish general bugs than create test
cases, so please go further.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2001 14:26:09 -0500

> I think it is done. Anyway it is up to Dan to finally decide.

As usual, we will all decide. :)

This is in the ANNOUNCE file:

  All fvwm user configurations should be moved to $HOME/.fvwm
  directory; Read command supports $HOME/.fvwm by default, but not $HOME.

I don't think  the "but not  $HOME" part is  correct.  Isn't this more
correct:

Fvwm user configurations can be moved to a subdirectory  in $HOME.  If
the $HOME/.fvwm directory  is  present, fvwm will  read  configuration
data from it instead of $HOME.

> cases, so please go further.

Ok, I'll try.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 14:21:08 -0600

> data from it instead of $HOME.

Both descriptions are correct. Rewording may help of course. You added the
first part before semicolon. I felt that this is not quite good, .fvwm2rc
only should be moved if there are relative Read's in it, because Read does
not searches in $HOME now, thus I added the second part. Do you prefer:

  It is not required, but it is suggested to move the user's .fvwm2rc and
  other related data into $HOME/.fvwm directory, because Read command and
  some modules search in $HOME/.fvwm (or $FVWM_USERDIR), but not in $HOME.

BTW, $FVWM_USERDIR directory is always present, since FVWM creates it.

Regards,
Mikhael.