Subject: CVS domivogt: * Try to reduce probability of race condition between fvwm and FvwmButtons

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:24:39 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	01/03/10 12:24:38

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : add_window.c add_window.h events.c 
	modules/FvwmButtons: draw.c 

Log message:
* Try to reduce probability of race condition between fvwm and FvwmButtons
when the latter swallows a window.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 14:14:06 -0500

> when the latter swallows a window.

Hmm, thats interesting.

I've been mystified  by  by the  FvwmButtons   panel tests I've   been
running.  I've had to  insert sleeps all over the  place and run  with
the "-s" (slow) option.  Of course my connection to fvwm is slow and
I have to work from home for a while longer.

Would you mind running the button tests?

I'm just interested in how many of each of the 4 windows slide out in
the 2 tests.

These are the things I noticed so far about the tests:

Test 1 issues:
UseTitle doesn't put anything in button, button doesn't operate
Padding makes indicator disappear
Noborder test needs a window with no border.

Test 2 issue:
The "down" button with 1 step doesn't draw anything.

I haven't rerun yet with this change.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 22:53:23 +0100

> The "down" button with 1 step doesn't draw anything.

That's because the panel parsing code does not recognise the
'padding' option.  I guess you wanted to use this line:

  FC '*FButt: (Padding 2, Panel(down,  indicator) bd "W bd")'

instead of

  FC '*FButt: (Panel(down,  indicator, padding 2) bd "W bd")'

I've fixed that in the script and made some modifications so it
works better (for me).  With all these changes, the test completes
without any problems.

> I haven't rerun yet with this change.

The change does not affect panels, only swallowed windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]