Subject: Style * UseDecor not working

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:54:11 -0500

I have menus that use

Style * UseDecor decorname

to change  the   borderstyle, titlestyle  and buttonstyle.

This used to work but doesn't now.

The logic around line 428 in add_window.c is the culprit.
I can see that the

  if (tmp_win->decor == NULL)

was added sometime between 2.3.25 and now.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:11:59 +0200

> was added sometime between 2.3.25 and now.

The ChangeLog entry belonging to this patch:

  2001-02-02  Dominik Vogt  <[email-masked]>
  
      * fvwm/add_window.c (setup_style_and_decor):
      only update the decor if none is selected yet

I can't remember the reason for that patch and it looks pretty
useless to me.  Perhaps Mikhael can remember some deatails about
this.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:30:02 +0200

> useless to me.  Perhaps Mikhael can remember some deatails about

Further investigation suggests that this had something to do with
changes of the title height in decors.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:31:37 -0600

> useless to me.  Perhaps Mikhael can remember some deatails about

If this helps, I think, the corresponding messages for this commit are:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0102/msg00011.html
  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0101/msg00383.html

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:34:45 -0500

>   http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0101/msg00383.html

I just ran the vector button script with the line in question
removed and the window looked OK.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:13:57 +0200

> removed and the window looked OK.

Do you mean after your fix?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 12:41:33 +0200

> Do you mean after your fix?

If so, could you repeat whatever tests you did regarding decors
and title height, Mikhael?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:22:09 -0500

> Do you mean after your fix?

Yes.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 09:25:35 -0600

> and title height, Mikhael?

The test was from vector-buttons/testbed.fvwmrc:

  Read vb/testbed.fvwmrc
  Read vb/DecorDemo1.fvwmrc
  button_demo
  Read vb/DecorDemo2.fvwmrc

I have tested this with the old "if (tmp_win->decor" line and with the
new "if (!IS_DECOR_CHANGED" and with both. I don't see differences.
(The result is funny, but you explained then why it can't work otherwise.)

So currently I don't see any problem with the updated decor code in CVS.

Regards,
Mikhael.