Subject: FVWM Xinerama patch

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:43:14 +0600

Hi!

    The attached .tgz contains:

fvwmxinr.diff                   the patch itself (cvs diff -u)
fvwm/libs/XineramaSupport.[ch]  new files -- Xinerama abstraction support
fvwmxinerama.txt                notes regarding individual changed files

    While creating this patch, I encountered some problems:

    1) The menus are created in unspecified position, so that we can't limit
their width/height based on the current screen.  I.e.
size_menu_{vertically,horizontally} don't have (x,y) at hand; this seems to
chengeable.

    2) The concept of iconboxes needs some changing; it is discussed in
detail in .txt-file.

    3) The placement code is very sparsely commented, so that I was unable
to determine the required changes fast enough.  In fact, the "concept" of
xineramifying placement code is simple: when selecting the position, look
through several screen rectangles instead of one, probably with some weights
(so that current screen gets preference).

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13

This message contains a file prepared for transmission using the
MIME BASE64 transfer encoding scheme. If you are using Pegasus
Mail or another MIME-compliant system, you should be able to extract
it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system
administrator for help.

   ---- File information -----------
     File:  FVWMXIPT.TGZ
     Date:  6 Feb 2001, 11:25
     Size:  11546 bytes.
     Type:  Binary