Subject: time to release 2.2.5

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:15:44 +0100

THe 2.2 branch has now accumulated enough fixes to warrant a 2.2.5
stable release.  As promised I won't build new releases for now,
so could someone else build the release when the time is right?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:00:38 -0500

> so could someone else build the release when the time is right?

I can probably do it this weekend.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 10:24:18 -0500

> I can probably do it this weekend.

I've been running 2.2.5 with the speedup change from the 2.3.x branch
for a long time now.  I've just committed the change.

Even though the change is very simple, I think it would be better
to delay 2.2.5 for a while.  Perhaps I will still hit my first target
by doing this Sunday evening.  If not, early next week.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:49:13 +0100

> by doing this Sunday evening.  If not, early next week.

Okay.  We're not in any particular hurry.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:57:13 -0500

> by doing this Sunday evening.  If not, early next week.

Ok, I got ambitious and got the release out.

I got myself a freshmeat account and submitted a notice of the
new release and posted an announcement on news://comp.windows.x.

I ran into a problem creating the release package.  I copied the
make_fvwmdist.sh over to 2.2.5 and tried to use that.  I changed
"make distcheck2" to "make distcheck".

The resulting package was missing the "extras" directory.  Fortunately
Jason  spotted the difference in file  size.  (Thanks again.)  I ended
up creating  the package by  running  configure with "--enable-extras"
and then doing "make dist".

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:39:31 +0100

> and then doing "make dist".

Yes, I didn't write the script for 2.2.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^