Subject: small fixes (parser related)

From: Lorenz Minder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 17:21:43 +0100

Here I have some more fixes:

*       Fix for Crash in AllocNonlinearGradient, when malformed Gradient were
        given, e.g.
                AddTitleStyle   ActiveUp VGradient 32 2 Red4 DarkGoldenRod2

*       Fixed minor bug in execute_function, which made that a one-byte-line
        w/o terminating newline wasn't detected as a syntax error.

*       Added Some error messages if the syntax to styles is wrong,
        i.e. missing arguments

If you consider this changes risky so late in feature freeze, I'd suggest not
to apply the style.c changes, but the rest: These are easily verified,
Bugfix-only changes.

Regards,
--Lorenz

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:03:42 +0100

>                 AddTitleStyle   ActiveUp VGradient 32 2 Red4 DarkGoldenRod2

Applied.

>         w/o terminating newline wasn't detected as a syntax error.

Applied.  Furthermore, complex functions with a one character name
were not handled correctly.  I did not apply the modifications to
read.c because I'm not sure if there are unpleasant side effects.

> to apply the style.c changes, but the rest: These are easily verified,

I have looked through the individual patches and applied some of
them.  A few are simply wrong.  For example, it's perfectly
acceptable to give no argument to the Font, IconFont or Icon
styles.  There are a number of styles that are reset to the built
in default if the arguments are omitted.  Sometimes it's
documented in the man page and sometimes it's not.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Lorenz Minder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:44:52 +0100

> read.c because I'm not sure if there are unpleasant side effects.

I'll try to find that out, because I feel it would be a lot more clean
not to depend on trailing newlines in execute_function(). Moreover, If
we do so, config files whose last line doesn't contain said newline
will fail. However, it's obviously the wrong moment to apply changes
which might do stupid things, you're right.

> documented in the man page and sometimes it's not.

Sorry, I should have verifyed that.

Regards,
--Lorenz

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 11:17:29 +0100

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 06:44:52PM +0100, Lorenz Minder wrote:
> will fail.

Of course it will fail.  If there are no newlines, the config file
contains only a singe line :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^