Subject: Xinerama patch for FVWM

From: "Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 21:50:34 +0600

Hi!

    I've made a patch which gives FVWM some basic Xinerama support:

    - Menus aren't split between screens;
    - When moving windows, they have "inter-xinerama-screens"
      edgeresistance, and the SizeWindow appears on a current screen;
    - FvwmForm centers its window on the *current* screen; this can be
      easily done with any other module.

    Things yet to be done (will require a bit more time ;-):

    - Placement of icons (in fact, the concept of iconboxes should be
      modified a little);
    - Placement of windows (the most complicated thing);
    - Maximizing windows -- should be possible to maximize both "global" (as
      is now) and on-current-screen.

    All knowledge about Xinerama is incapsulated in a dedicated file --
libs/XineramaSupport.c, and all other pieces of code simply call
XineramaSupportXXX() funcs.

    The patch is against CVS version-2_3_28.  The .tgz file (includes a
patch, two new files and a sort of "notes") is 11K size.

    Should I post the patch to the list, or should I contact somebody
individually?

       ___________________________________________________________________
       Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov  |  Novosibirsk, RUSSIA
       phone (383-2)-39-49-56     |  The Budker Institute of Nuclear Physics
                                  |  Lab. 5-13
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:37:09 +0100

>     Should I post the patch to the list, or should I contact somebody

As long as patches are this small, please always send to the
workers list directly.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Jason L Tibbitts III <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Feb 2001 10:55:56 -0600

>>>>> "DYB" == Dmitry Yu Bolkhovityanov <[email-masked]> writes:

DYB> The patch is against CVS version-2_3_28.  The .tgz file (includes a
DYB> patch, two new files and a sort of "notes") is 11K size.

That's pretty small; please just post it.

 - J<