Subject: xmms breaks window hints

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:43:01 -0800

Hi guys, I'm not subscribed to the list but the error log asked me to
send this here. Fvwm 2.3.28. Also, I've noticed when xmms has been
running a while if I change X resolutions in Xfree86 with ctl-alt-kp+ it
crashes my window manager.

[FVWM][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> XMMS - 8. Inetprogramming1 Kentucky Bluegrass - Covington, KY - 'Root Music for Your Soul!' window 0x160001c has broken (max_width) size hints
Please report this to [email-masked]
hint override = 0
flags = 30
min_width = 0, min_height = 0, max_width = 0, max_height = 0
width_inc = 136223136, height_inc = 0
min_aspect = 0/136474112, max_aspect = 136345484/136366992
base_width = 1075174648, base_height = 136474112
win_gravity = 136474112

-- 
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.
            GAT d- -p+(--) c++++ l++ u++ t- m--- W--- !v
                 b+++ e* s-/+ n-(?) h++ f+g+ w+++ y*

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 22:54:34 +0100

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:43:01PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> send this here. Fvwm 2.3.28.

THat's a well known problem with xmms.  We reported this to the
developers alkready, but it won't hurt if you report it again.
Said window requests a mximum width and height of zero pixels
which isn't very big, right? :-)

> Also, I've noticed when xmms has been

I never tested this myself, but I can well imagine that changing
the resolution crashes fvwm.  Fvwm is not prepared in any way for
changing resolutions without a restart.  Could you look for a core
file and fetch us a stack trace?

  $ gdb fvwm2 core
  (gdb) where

> min_width = 0, min_height = 0, max_width = 0, max_height = 0
                                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 20:56:26 -0800

On Sun, Feb 25/01, Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> file and fetch us a stack trace?

I've been running fvwm since 1.2 and never had a problem with it
crashing when switching resolution until I started using xmms. It
usually seems to handle it just fine. I'll have to turn core dumps on
and see if I can get you one.