Subject: Notification: incoming/697

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:08:06 -0600

FVWM Bug Tracking notification

new message incoming/697

Message summary for PR#697
	From: [email-masked]
	Subject: Setup key makes full-screen VNC stop accepting keys
	Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:08:05 -0600
	0 replies 	0 followups

====> ORIGINAL MESSAGE FOLLOWS <====

>From [email-masked] Tue Feb 20 17:08:06 2001
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Setup key makes full-screen VNC stop accepting keys
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:08:05 -0600

Full_Name: David O'Shea
Version: 2.0.46
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS 5.6
X_Server: NCD terminal
Submission from: (NULL) (171.71.161.110)

Steps to create error:
1. run vncserver, which creates an Xvnc server running fvwm2
2. execute vncclient -fullscreen localhost:1 to connect to Xvnc
   server from xterm under fvwm2 on same machine
3. press "Setup" key to start "NCD User Services: Console"

At this point, however I close the NCD User Services (pressing
Setup key, using window manager close function), my full-screen
VNC session no longer accepts keystrokes.  I can move the
pointer around and the focus moves, so fvwm2 running under Xvnc
is still working, but when I type nothing appears.  There is no
way of knowing if my "local" fvwm2 (the one that I ran the
vncclient from, not the one running under the server) is alive
as I'm running full-screen.  If I don't full-screen the VNC
session I don't have any problems at all.

My reason for thinking that fvwm2 is the problem is that if I
use twm in place of either fvwm2 (i.e. I change my .vnc/xstartup
so that Xvnc starts twm, or I change my .xsession so that my
window manager I get on login is twm) I don't get the problem
either.

Note that I am running both copies of fvwm2 (with one I use
"fvwm2 -f ~/.fvwm2rc.basic" though) on the same machine.  Is
this a problem?

Thanks for your time,
David

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]