Subject: Re: windows walking on restart

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 05 Feb 2001 11:42:11 -0500

%% Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]> writes:

  >> It doesn't actually bother me that much, since I don't use restart very
  >> often, but I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

  dv> I believe this was a bug in rxvt-2.7.1 when you give it negative
  dv> geometries like "rxvt -g -0-0", but I don't remember exactly, so
  dv> it may be something different.  In this case, it should be fixed
  dv> in rxvt-2.7.3, the current development version.

I'm using rxvt 2.7.4 :-P.

Also, I'm using positive geometries:

  topXTerm*geometry:		+0+85
  midXTerm*geometry:		+0+440
  botXTerm*geometry:		+0+795

then I start them with "-name topXTerm" or whatever.

I'll upgrade my rxvt anyway, and see if I can still reproduce it.  The
strangest thing is that it only effects _some_ of them, not all of
them.

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 17:45:54 +0100

> strangest thing is that it only effects _some_ of them, not all of

If I can reproduce it I'll take a look.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 18:00:03 +0100

> I'm using rxvt 2.7.4 :-P.

Hm, really?  I can't find a 2.7.4 anywhere.  Ist this the code
from CVS?

I can't find any problem with 2.7.3.  Perhaps if you send me your
config file?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]