Subject: fvwm 2.3.x: How far will FvwmTheme go?

From: An Thi-Nguyen Le <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:26:58 -0600

I know there are a lot more important things to work on at the moment, 
but this is just a far-future cosmetic question.

So far, FvwmTheme seems fully applicable to most pixmappable things
(parts of the pager, icon manager, buttons, etc); is it going to be
eventually applicable to everything else (e.g., the title highlight
of the pager, active menu entries, etc), gradients etc and all?
Right now what few things are left that aren't pixmappable just take
the foreground/background of their colorset.

On a random sidenote, would it ever be a good idea to have a different 
style for menu titles?

-- 
An Thi-Nguyen Le
|Girls who throw themselves at men, are actually taking very careful aim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 13:55:19 -0600

> the foreground/background of their colorset.

Since, noone else answered, I will try.

It seems that FvwmTheme will be removed after 2.4 for speed/memory/lock
reasons and its functionality will be incorporated into the core.

In theory every visible rectangle should be colorset-abled. In practice it
is not always possible to divide all visible colors to foreground (fg) and
background (bg, sh, hi, pixmap), and even if yes, still new code should be
written for every individual case.

> On a random sidenote, would it ever be a good idea to have a different 

MenuStyle * TitleColorset 8, NoTitleSeparator

I think this is a good idea.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:37:20 +0100

> reasons and its functionality will be incorporated into the core.

Actually, I like the functionality where it is right now.  The
only drawback is that backgrounds can not be scaled well if only a
few colours are used (e.g. tetris look of gradient backgorunds) or
take up a lot of memory if many colours are used.

> MenuStyle * TitleColorset 8, NoTitleSeparator

This may come for free when tear off menus are implemented which
will get a normal window title.  You can already switch off title
separators:

  MenuStyle * TitleUnderlines0

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]