Subject: autoraise glitch?

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 10 Jan 2001 10:05:40 -0500

For the last week or so of CVS code I've been noticing something weird
about autoraise (FvwmAuto).  I don't _think_ this used to happen with
older code.  I'm not updating every day or even every week these days,
so it's hard to say exactly when this became an issue.

Here's the situation; I have a Netscape window, with focus, and raised.

I use C-n in Netscape to create a new window.  The new window overlaps
the old window such that the cursor is now in the new window, which then
has focus.  Since the new window is already on top, I can't tell what,
if anything, FvwmAuto does with this.

So far so good; here's the weird part: I move my mouse back to the first
window, and it gets focus _but_ it doesn't autoraise!!  To get it to
raise I have to flip my mouse over to some other window, then back
again.  That second time it does raise.

I'm using the default focus handling (no *Focus styles are set), I use
"FvwmAuto 500" as my module invocation (in InitFunction etc.), and I use
these potentially relevant styles:

                DecorateTransient, HintOverride, \
		RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement, CleverPlacement,\
                ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage

It seems like, because the new window is created with focus, FvwmAuto (or
something) doesn't realize it's now on top so when I move my mouse back
to the original window, FvwmAuto thinks it's still on top and doesn't
try to raise it.  Or something.  Thoughts?

This CVS is about a week old; I'll try the latest, but I haven't seen
anything go through the mailing lists which seems relevant to this
problem.

Thanks...

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:25:46 +0100

> anything go through the mailing lists which seems relevant to this

Fixed.

This happened always when a window was created under the pointer
and immediately received focus.  The focus change was not
properly communicated to the modules.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]