Subject: my window shade vector button

From: Jeff Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:20:32 -0700

I designed this vector button.  It got complex because you can't pickup the
"pencil" while drawing.  I use it to toggle the window shade.
The second one is the same, but upside-down.  My idea was to write a
function that would swap the direction of the arrow, depending on the state
of the window (rolled-up or fully visible).  This worked fine, except for
one thing, when I changed the face of the button, it changed it for all
windows, not just the current window, thus new windows would take whatever
direction was active when it was created (but existing windows stay the
same, so I thought it worked for a few minutes).  Makes sense.  Anyway, here
are the buttons.

# arrow pointing up at a bar across the top
ButtonStyle 3               15 10x5@1 90x5@1 90x20@0 50x20@0 50x25@0 \
		80x55@0 60x55@0 60x90@0 40x90@0 40x55@1 20x55@1 50x25@1
50x20@0 \
		10x20@0 10x5@1 -- Flat
AddButtonStyle 3 ActiveDown 15 10x5@0 90x5@0 90x20@1 50x20@1 50x25@1 80x55@1
\
		60x55@1 60x90@1 40x90@1 40x55@0 20x55@0 50x25@0 50x20@1
10x20@1 \
		10x5@0 -- Flat

# arrow pointing down at a bar across the bottom
AddButtonStyle 3               16 10x5@1 90x5@1 90x20@0 40x20@0 40x26@0
60x26@1 60x60@0 80x60@0 50x90@0 20x60@1 40x60@1 40x26@1 60x26@1 60x20@0
10x20@0 10x5@1 -- Flat
AddButtonStyle 3 ActiveDown 16 10x5@0 90x5@0 90x20@1 40x20@1 40x26@1 60x26@0
60x60@1 80x60@1 50x90@1 20x60@0 40x60@0 40x26@0 60x26@0 60x20@1 10x20@1
10x5@0 -- Flat

I think they are a little unique from what I saw on the website or linked
pages because, like I said above, there are two objects, and I had to do a
little "magic" (played with the colors) to make them look like they aren't
part of the same object.

I'm not on the mailing list, so I hope it goes through.  Also, thanks for
the great wm!

-- 
Jeff Walker                   MatchLogic, Inc.
[email-masked]        7233 Church Ranch Blvd.
Voice 1 (303) 222-2105        Westminster, CO  80021
Fax   1 (303) 222-2001        www.matchlogic.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 18:12:04 -0500

Jeff Walker <[email-masked]> writes:
> I designed this vector button.
> 

Your vector buttons have been added to the Fvwm web page.
They normally appear after about one hour.

Thanks for contributing.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]