Subject: windows walking on restart

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Jan 2001 10:34:11 -0500

It seems like this is a never-ending problem.  Is anyone else still
seeing this?

I'm using the very latest CVS (as of about an hour ago).  When I
restart, _one_ of my rxvt windows walks down/left.

For example, the geometry of the window (given by FvwmIdent) before is:

  80x24+7+470

(actually this is already moved from where it started, which was +0+450
or something like that).  Then I restart, and that window moves to:

  80x24+14+495

It's weird since I have about 15 windows open, including other rxvt
windows, Emacs, FvwmButtons, gnome-panel etc., with some iconified and
some not, and just two of the windows move, both rxvt terminals.  It's a
bit odd, indeed.

It doesn't actually bother me that much, since I don't use restart very
often, but I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Paul D. Smith <[email-masked]>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools
 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 19:43:22 +0100

> often, but I wonder if anyone else has seen this?

I believe this was a bug in rxvt-2.7.1 when you give it negative
geometries like "rxvt -g -0-0", but I don't remember exactly, so
it may be something different.  In this case, it should be fixed
in rxvt-2.7.3, the current development version.  BTW, you can make
xv wander around the screen also :-P

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, email: [email-masked]
LifeBits Aktiengesellschaft, Albrechtstr. 9, D-72072 Tuebingen
fon: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-0, fax: ++49 (0) 7071/7965-20
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]