Subject: Re: FVWM: problems installing fvwm

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:49:29 +0100

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 09:15:01AM +0100, Frank Derichsweiler wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 08:39:51PM -0600, Mark McKenney wrote:
> >    exact message is "checking for lex output file root . . .
> >    ./configure: lex: command not found"
> >    
> >    "configure: error: cannot find output from lex; giving up"
> >    
> >    
> >    Does anyone know what to do? am i missing something simple? i don't
> >    know.
> 
> Have you installed lex, which is a tool for parser generation?
> It is a common tool, you should find it within your distribution
> (assuming Linux as OS).

Shouldn't configure find out if lex/yacc are installed and compile
and install FvwmScript only if they are?  Maybe configure could
print a prominent warning about this in the summary.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 13:59:51 +0100

> print a prominent warning about this in the summary.

But, lex and yacc (bison) are not needed (at least for 2.4).
These tools are needed only by FvwmScript developers (under 
certain situation) for generating certain files which are
contained in the tarball.
I have removed these tests.

Olivier

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:01:21 +0100

> I have removed these tests.

So you will only need this with CVS or a snapshot?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^