Subject: Strange window/icon behavior

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:11:23 +0100

There's a strange window/icon behavior that started happening around 
.22.  I'm currently running vanilla .26

I have a window on a desktop that, whenever I switch desktops, gets 
iconified (I see it iconify in the pager) and when I go back to that 
page (or that desk) I see the icon and it uniconifies itself.  It's 
always the same window and completely reproducable.

Is this normal, or should I (and how) investigate it?

Nils.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:56:20 +0100

> Is this normal, or should I (and how) investigate it?

This is okay.  The ICCCM2 demands that a window is always unmapped
when it's frame window is unmapped which excplicitly implies that
the window appears iconified to the applications.  Some silly
applications react to this situation by requesting to be
iconified and "deiconify" themselves when mapped again.  It's not
nice, but I hope it's not too disturbing either.

BTW, which app does this?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Nils Lohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 09:21:51 +0100

>BTW, which app does this?

Our development envionment here at work has an editor window (textedit 
derived- YUCK^3!!!) that does this.  I can live with it no problem, 
just wasn't sure if it was a bug.

Thanks,
Nils.