Subject: Fvwm2 has no shutdown events?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:20:23 -0500 (EST)

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: FreeBSD cae88-102-101.sc.rr.com 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0: Fri Dec 29 23:47:32 EST 2000     [email-masked]:/usr/src/sys/compile/RHIANNON  i386
Compiler: cc
Compilation CFLAGS: -Os -mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -pipe
prefix: /usr/X11R6

FVWM Version:	2.3.20
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/usr/X11R6/libexec/fvwm/2.3.20
FVWM_DATADIR:	/usr/X11R6/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/usr/home/dmaddox/.fvwm

Description:
	I have the following in my .fvwm2rc:

*FvwmEventCmd		builtin-rplay
*FvwmEvent		startup		startup.au
*FvwmEvent		shutdown	shutdown.au

The startup.au file gets played on startup as expected, but the
shutdown.au file never gets played.  I replaced *FvwmEventCmd with
/bn/echo to see why it was failing, and apparently, fvwm2 simply
never sends a 'shutdown' event to it.  Normally, I quit a session
by calling 'Quit' from a menu.  Why doesn't this trigger my
shutdown event?

Repeat-By:
	See above :)

Fix:
	No idea.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:10:17 +0100

> by calling 'Quit' from a menu.  Why doesn't this trigger my

First, there is no such thing as a startup or shutdown event.
This "event" is simply triggered when FvwmEvent is started or
killed.  So if FvwmEvent died but fvwm was still running, the
shutdown sound would be played.  Second, after some signal
handling patches, there were some branches in the code that
allowed the module to exit without triggering the event.  This
will be fixed with the next release.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]