Subject: configure & LDFLAGS

From: "Tim Freedom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:54:21 -0800

Why do I have to 'setenv' the LDFLAGS eventhough the info is given within 
'configure' -- could something be hacked into configure to do this 
automatically (if not could someone in the know suggest this to the 
configure developers).  Its just that I often forget to do this and get a 
"checking for Xpm 3.4g or better ..... no" which is not true unless I 
specify the LDFLAGS...  Other packages don't have this problem.

I've seen at least 5-6 threads on this in the past (unfortunitly the archive 
searcher doesn't work properly) -- users asking why they are unable to 
compile-in xpm support and what to do about it; leading me to believe that 
it might be worth while to fix this LDFLAGS issue.

$ setenv LDFLAGS -R/usr/gnu/tf/download/xpm-3.4k-solaris/lib
$ ./configure
     --with-xpm-library=/usr/gnu/tf/download/xpm-3.4k-solaris/lib
     --with-xpm-includes=/usr/gnu/tf/download/xpm-3.4k-solaris/include
     --prefix=/usr/gnu/tf/download/fvwm-1219

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]