Subject: .25 crash on solaris: with fvwm log and core dump... in strlen()?!?

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:38:07 +0100

Well, here's another one, this time with more info than before.  It 
happened when windows were opening from an application I launched.

Nils.

/sup/installed/fvwm-2.3.25/fvwm > tail -20 log-lohner-2000-12-13
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][HandleConfigureRequest]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> waiting for module input/output
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> executing module comand queue
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events & 
returning (2)
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events & 
returning (1)
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> waiting for module input/output
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> executing module comand queue
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events & 
returning (2)
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][HandleConfigureRequest]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
window already died: fw=0x000ded58 w=0x038009a7/usr/dt/config/Xsession.o
w2[45]: 17673 Segmentation Fault(coredump)
/sup/installed/fvwm-2.3.25/fvwm > 

/sup/installed/fvwm-2.3.25/fvwm > gdb fvwm2 core-lohner-2000-12-13 
GNU gdb 4.18
Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and 
you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain 
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for 
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.7"...
Core was generated by `/sup/bin/fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
Reading symbols from /sup/lib/libXpm.so.4.11...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libSM.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libICE.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1...d
one.
#0  0xff0b6cbc in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
(gdb) where
#0  0xff0b6cbc in strlen () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1  0xff0fed38 in _doprnt () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2  0xff100764 in fprintf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#3  0x2c570 in verify_stack_ring_consistency () at stack.c:105
#4  0x2d790 in BroadcastRestack (s1=0x40, s2=0xf31e0) at stack.c:909
#5  0x2ce80 in RaiseOrLowerWindow (t=0xded58, do_lower=0, 
    allow_recursion=810976, is_new_window=710528) at stack.c:560
#6  0x2cf8c in RaiseWindow (t=0xded58) at stack.c:633
#7  0x3167c in HandleConfigureRequest () at events.c:2093
#8  0x32068 in DispatchEvent (preserve_Tmp_win=0) at events.c:2503
#9  0x32134 in HandleEvents () at events.c:2543
#10 0x5142c in main (argc=-4263576, argv=0x78400) at fvwm.c:730
(gdb)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 02:10:44 +0100

> [FVWM][HandleConfigureRequest]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered

Please don't include this debug output stuff.  This hasn't been
updated for years and thus provides no useful information at all.

> #10 0x5142c in main (argc=-4263576, argv=0x78400) at fvwm.c:730

Hm, the fprintf in stack.c is okay.  I can only guess that the
bug lies in the implementation of fprintf, _doprnt or strlen on
your system.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]