Subject: pointer tracking for fvwm/* and libs/*

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:27:41 +0100

[I sent the patch to Dan and Dominik; if anyone else wants it please 
let me know.  Its 100k, so I didn't want to send it to the list.]

Well, here is the patch for points 1,2,3 of the list I sent this 
morning.  I'm not sure if this needs to be done to the modules as well 
(if so, it might be better to rename safe*alloc() calls to something 
else and search and replace their names in the .c files)

Points 4 and 5 I'll leave up to you for now, as you can probably make 
more sense of the output, and know where to put the checking/printing 
routines.

Let me know what you think.  When this code works (i.e. prints useful 
information soemwhere), I'll grab a snapshot and run it here to see 
what it produces.

Nils.

TODO:
- check safemalloc.c to see if my changes are OK
- check safecalloc.c to see if size arg is correct
- check safecalloc.h to see if extern declarations are correct (i never 
    know...)
- check cleanfree() just to be sure...
- possibly change the fprintfs in the ptrtrack code to fvwm_msg() calls?

DONE:
- added libs/ptrtrack.c and .h
- changed all safe*alloc() calls to pass type and origin in libs/*c and 
    fvwm/*c
- changed safe*alloc() to register the pointers and wipe allocated 
    memory
- changed all free() calls to call cleanfree(void *) libs/*c and fvwm/*c
- changed/added all required prototypes for above

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]