Subject: .25 crash on solaris: a different one!

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:01:13 -0500

"Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Here's a crash that looked the same as the other one (fatal bus error),
> but it was in a different place.  This crash happened when a script to
> open a bunch of iconified tools in a specified location.  Since .25
> they opened in a different place too, not where they used to (I think
> this may be fixed already according to the CVS checkins...)  I'll
> attach the script.
> 
> Any idea where the 'icon_name = 0x14 <Address 0x14 out of bounds>'
> comes from?

This is another dump that could be explained by a corrupt FvwmWindow
pointer.

I had this problem for a while, but have been unable to reproduce it
lately.

If you are doing your builds based on CVS  checkouts, or unpacking the
tar  files in the same place  and just running  make, I recommend that
you create a fresh build  area or do a "make  clean" before doing your
next make.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Nils Lohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 15:28:01 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, Dan Espen 
>you create a fresh build  area or do a "make  clean" before doing your

I don't grab CVS sources, these are the 'real' versions that are made 
available via FTP and are all built from scratch using just
./configure --prefix=/sup --enable-debug-msgs

So: all builds are in clean trees and from scratch.  If anyone has 
suggestions on how to reproduce it, let me know...  I'll try a few 
things to get that crash again.

Nils.

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:52:52 -0500

> things to get that crash again.

I don't have a clue as to how to cause this problem.

I've been working on the test suite, hoping to be able to reliably
reproduce
the problem.

You   can only get   the  test suite  thru  CVS  checkout,  its in the
"tests/purify" directory. At one  point our test suite could  produce
this problem, although it doesn't do that for me anymore.