Subject: Enhancement request: Sync command

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:22:25 +0000

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS silver 5.5.1 Generic_103640-34 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /u/phippst/sunos

FVWM Version:	2.3.25
FVWM_MODULEDIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/libexec/fvwm/2.3.25
FVWM_DATADIR:	/u/phippst/sunos/share/fvwm
FVWM_USERDIR:	/u/phippst/.fvwm

Description:
	I'm just getting around to tuning my .fvwm2rc and I think a way to
	call XSync() would be useful for users with slow connections
	between the X-server and fvwm2.
	
	I've had problems with functions sending "animate" commands to
	FvwmAnimate, the connection speed to FvwmAnimate is very fast
	(it's a pipe) and FvwmAnimate can sometimes grab the server
	before the last message to the X-server has arrived from fvwm2.
	I've worked around this with a RefreshWindow command before the
	FvwmAnimate but it's a bit messy. I don't want to run fvwm in
	synchronous mode so a 
	
	+ I Sync
	
	would be great.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 07:28:00 +0100

> 	FvwmAnimate but it's a bit messy. I don't want to run fvwm in

For the moment you can use the FakeClick command I wrote for
debugging purposes.  If you simply tell it to sleep for a
millisecond, it will still call XSync():

  FakeClick wait 1

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]