Subject: .25 crash on solaris: a different one!

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:00:43 +0100

Here's a crash that looked the same as the other one (fatal bus error), 
but it was in a different place.  This crash happened when a script to 
open a bunch of iconified tools in a specified location.  Since .25 
they opened in a different place too, not where they used to (I think 
this may be fixed already according to the CVS checkins...)  I'll 
attach the script.

Any idea where the 'icon_name = 0x14 <Address 0x14 out of bounds>'
comes from?

Thanks,
Nils.

/sup/installed/fvwm-2.3.25/fvwm > gdb fvwm2 core-ducrocq-2000-12-12 
GNU gdb 4.18
Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and 
you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain 
conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for 
details.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.7"...
Core was generated by `/sup/bin/fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 10, Bus Error.
Reading symbols from /sup/lib/libXpm.so.4.11...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libSM.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libICE.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1...d
one.
#0  0x2f754 in HandleMapRequestKeepRaised (KeepRaised=1, ReuseWin=0x0)
    at events.c:915
915         if(Tmp_win->wmhints && (Tmp_win->wmhints->flags & 
StateHint))
(gdb) where
#0  0x2f754 in HandleMapRequestKeepRaised (KeepRaised=1, ReuseWin=0x0)
    at events.c:915
#1  0x2f63c in HandleMapRequest () at events.c:865
#2  0x32068 in DispatchEvent (preserve_Tmp_win=0) at events.c:2503
#3  0x32134 in HandleEvents () at events.c:2543
#4  0x5142c in main (argc=-4263648, argv=0x78400) at fvwm.c:730
(gdb) l 915
910       /* If it's not merely iconified, and we have hints, use them. 
*/
911       if (!IS_ICONIFIED(Tmp_win))
912       {
913         int state;
914     
915         if(Tmp_win->wmhints && (Tmp_win->wmhints->flags & 
StateHint))
916           state = Tmp_win->wmhints->initial_state;
917         else
918           state = NormalState;
919     
(gdb) p Tmp_win->wmhints
$4 = (XWMHints *) 0x5000063
(gdb) p Tmp_win->wmhints->flags
Cannot access memory at address 0x5000063.
(gdb) p StateHint
No symbol "StateHint" in current context.
(gdb) p *Tmp_win
$2 = {name = 0xbc180 "", icon_name = 0x14 <Address 0x14 out of bounds>, 
  next = 0x3d4ba, prev = 0x0, stack_next = 0x7acb0, stack_prev = 0x25, 
  w = 96469006, old_bw = 0, frame = 0, decor_w = 13, Parent = 13, 
title_w = 0,
  sides = {0, 0, 64, 1}, corners = {0, 32, 13, 662}, flags = {common = {
      is_sticky = 0, has_icon_font = 0, has_window_font = 0, s = {
        do_circulate_skip = 0, do_circulate_skip_icon = 0, 
        do_circulate_skip_shaded = 0, do_grab_focus_when_created = 0, 
        do_grab_focus_when_transient_created = 0, do_ignore_gnome_hints 
= 0,
        do_ignore_restack = 0, do_lower_transient = 0, 
do_not_show_on_map = 0,
        do_not_pass_click_focus_click = 0, do_not_raise_click_focus_clic
k = 0,
        do_raise_mouse_focus_click = 0, do_raise_transient = 0, 
        do_resize_opaque = 0, do_shrink_windowshade = 0, 
        do_stack_transient_parent = 0, do_start_iconic = 0, 
        do_window_list_skip = 0, focus_mode = 0, has_bottom_title = 0, 
        has_depressable_border = 1, has_mwm_border = 0, has_mwm_buttons 
= 0,
        has_mwm_override = 0, has_no_icon_title = 1, has_override_size 
= 1,
        has_stippled_title = 1, is_fixed = 0, is_icon_sticky = 0, 
        is_icon_suppressed = 0, is_lenient = 0, use_icon_position_hint 
= 0}},
    does_wm_delete_window = 0, does_wm_take_focus = 0, 
    do_delete_icon_moved = 0, do_iconify_after_map = 0, 
    do_reuse_destroyed = 0, has_border = 1, has_title = 0, 
    is_deiconify_pending = 0, is_focused_on_other_desk = 0, 
    is_fully_visible = 1, is_iconified = 0, is_iconified_by_parent = 0, 
    is_icon_entered = 0, is_icon_font_loaded = 0, is_icon_moved = 0, 
    is_icon_ours = 0, is_icon_shaped = 0, is_icon_unmapped = 0, 
is_mapped = 0,
    is_map_pending = 0, is_maximized = 0, is_name_changed = 0, 
    is_partially_visible = 0, is_pixmap_ours = 1, is_placed_wb3 = 1, 
    is_scheduled_for_raise = 0, is_size_inc_set = 1, is_transient = 1, 
    is_window_drawn_once = 0, is_viewport_moved = 1, 
    is_window_being_moved_opaque = 1, is_window_font_loaded = 1, 
    is_window_shaded = 0, using_default_icon_font = 0, 
    using_default_window_font = 0}, nr_left_buttons = 0, 
  nr_right_buttons = 105, button_w = {4620980, 770208, 22, 250802, 0, 
502960,
    37, 71304633, 959, 422}, decor = 0x40, icon_w = 20, icon_pixmap_w = 
0,
  wShaped = 71303422, boundary_width = 0, corner_width = 0, 
  visual_corner_width = 0, title_g = {x = 1, y = 0, width = 32, 
    height = 71303388}, icon_g = {x = 71303389, y = 71303390, 
    width = 71303392, height = 75497479}, icon_xl_loc = 79691783, 
  icon_t_width = 83886087, icon_p_width = 0, icon_p_height = 105, 
  iconPixmap = 83886132, iconDepth = 609936, icon_maskPixmap = 22, 
  title_font = {font = 0x3d413, height = 0, y = 502960}, icon_font = {
    font = 0x25, height = 71304633, y = 276}, attr = {x = 64, y = 64, 
    width = 20, height = 0, border_width = 0, depth = 0, visual = 0x8, 
    root = 1, class = 0, bit_gravity = 32, win_gravity = 88080520, 
    backing_store = 88080528, backing_planes = 88080535, 
    backing_pixel = 88080542, save_under = 88080561, colormap = 
88080573,
    map_installed = 104857601, map_state = 0, all_event_masks = 105, 
    your_event_mask = 104857621, do_not_propagate_mask = 634232, 
    override_redirect = 16, screen = 0x3d354}, hints = {flags = 0, x = 
502960,
    y = 37, width = 71304633, height = 959, min_width = 422, min_height 
= 64,
    max_width = 20, max_height = 0, width_inc = 0, height_inc = 2, 
    min_aspect = {x = 1, y = 1}, max_aspect = {x = 0, y = 32}, 
    base_width = 88080580, base_height = 88080614, win_gravity = 
83886205},
  wmhints = 0x5000063, class = {
    res_name = 0x54000e7 <Address 0x54000e7 out of bounds>, 
    res_class = 0x54000b8 <Address 0x54000b8 out of bounds>}, Desk = 
62914567,
  FocusDesk = 0, DeIconifyDesk = 105, transientfor = 58720263, 
  mini_pixmap_file = 0xbbfc0 "", mini_icon = 0x16, 
  icon_bitmap_file = 0x3d40f "", frame_g = {x = 0, y = 502960, width = 
37,
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
    height = 100663309}, normal_g = {x = 0, y = 0, width = 64, height = 
64},
  max_g = {x = 0, y = 71304633, width = 0, height = 4}, max_offset = {x 
= 1,
    y = 0}, mwm_hints = 0x20, ol_hints = 13, functions = 662, 
  cmap_windows = 0x95, number_cmap_windows = 1136, colors = {fore = 
903,
    back = 71303607, hilight = 71303608, shadow = 0}, hicolors = {fore 
= 105,
    back = 4620980, hilight = 613264, shadow = 23}, border_colors = {
    fore = 251066, back = 0, hilight = 502960, shadow = 37}, 
  border_hicolors = {fore = 96469005, back = 100, hilight = 100, shadow 
= 64},
  buttons = 64, IconBoxes = 0x0, default_layer = 0, layer = 0, 
  max_window_width = 64, max_window_height = 1, shade_anim_steps = 0, 
  grabbed_buttons = 0 '\000'}
(gdb)