Subject: .25 hang when icon menu does not exist

From: "Nils Lohner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:58:38 +0100

I had an Icon and when clicking on it with the middle mouse button it 
should have brought up a menu, but as I had changed its name it was not 
declared.  I got the menu cursor and could do nothing more.  It seemed 
like it was waiting for me to click in a menu to continue, but since 
there wasn't one it kept waiting.

A kill -HUP didn't restart fvwm (should it?  That would be a useful 
feature!!) so I had to kill -9 it.  See debug log below.

Nils.

[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events & 
returning (1)
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Leaving Routine
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> waiting for module input/output
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> executing module comand queue
[FVWM][My_XNextEvent]: <<DEBUG>> taking care of queued up events & 
returning (2)
[FVWM][DispatchEvent]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][HandleButtonPress]: <<DEBUG>> Routine Entered
[FVWM][menu_func]: <<ERROR>> No such menu Window-Ops2
/usr/dt/config/Xsession.ow2[45]: 1901 Killed

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:57:17 +0100

> there wasn't one it kept waiting.

Nope.  It waited for the last mouse button to be released but had
mouse events disabled.  Works with any action except move, resize,
popup and menu commands (int this case only if the menu does not
exist).
 
Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]