Subject: recapture invokes interactive placement

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:15:32 -0500

With the current CVS, issuing  "Recapture" makes placement rubberbands
appear for some windows.

Style "*"           ActivePlacement, SmartPlacement
Style "Netscape" RandomPlacement
Style "*" UsePPosition
Style "Netscape*" NoPPosition

This seems to be new behavior and it doesn't seem like the right
thing to do.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:30:53 +0100

> This seems to be new behavior and it doesn't seem like the right

I guess that's the same problem that triggered the hang you
reported a few days ago.  I fixed the crash, but I never have the
problem that windows are placed interactively again.  Is there any
chance that you can track this down, Dan?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 21:23:39 -0500

> chance that you can track this down, Dan?

I think the hang from a few days ago is a different problem.
I think the hang you are referring to was the one I got running
the purify tests.

To get the hang I just run the create windows step followed by the the
CloseDeleteDestroy test.  It looks like the waits in the CreateWindows
function get hung up somehow.

I'll take a look at the Recapture problem.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 06:13:32 +0100

> function get hung up somehow.

No, I meant the hang when the wire frame appeared but you could
not move or place the window.  I'm still working through all the
messages and did not look at the CloseDeleteDestroy problem yet.

> I'll take a look at the Recapture problem.

Thanks.  BTW, my latest fixes may have taken care of your 
invalid-FvwmWindow-crash too.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^