Subject: CVS domivogt: * Fixed another font crash.

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:22:42 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	domivogt	00/12/05 09:22:41

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
	fvwm           : add_window.c builtins.c events.c events.h 
	                 functions.c fvwm.c fvwm.h icons.c menus.c 
	                 screen.h stack.c update.c virtual.c 
	                 window_flags.h 
	libs           : GetFont.c 
	tests/purify   : purify.fvwm2rc 

Log message:
* Fixed another font crash.
* Some clean up.
* Menu redraw fixes.
* Recapture/iconify fix.
* Core dump fix when doing destroy+recapture in a complex function.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:20:18 -0500

> * Fixed another font crash.

Something is still wrong with icon placement.

I start xlogout with "-iconic".  I have X resources like this:

XLogout*iconX: 1128
XLogout*iconY: 42

Up until recently, the icon would be placed at 1128x42.
Now its stuck in the iconbox.

This was done with the CVS from the above fix.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 18:36:08 +0100

> This was done with the CVS from the above fix.

Try

  Style * UseIconPosition

I introduced that style because the icons of applications that use
this hint will happily stack all on the same spot on the screen.
So, the default is now to ignore the icon position hint.  Is this
a big issue?  If so we might set the default back to the old
behaviour.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 06:28:03 -0500

> a big issue?  If so we might set the default back to the old

I think it should default to the old behavior.
I've attached xlogout.  I don't see it doing anything with icon position
hints, it looks to me like its using default behavior from the Athena
toolkit.  I can't see any reason to ignore Icon position settings when
the user has explictly set them.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:54:15 +0100

> the user has explictly set them.

The is no way to find out if the position was set by the user or
by the program as for window positions.  Eterm 0.9 sets this to a
braindead +0+0.  This is the reason for that option.  I'll revert
back to the old default.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^