Subject: Re: 'Sticky' problem during restart

From: Giuseppe Della Ricca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 13:03:25 +0100 (CET)

Hi Dominik,

the problem is still there. I'll try to summarize few things that to me
look maybe correlated:

1- when restarting from a desktop different from the first one some Sticky
   windows disappear (works ok on the 1st desktop). After a second
   restart, they reappear iconified. After a 3rd restart, they disappear
   again (even if left iconified). And so on, with small fluctuations.

2- when restarting from a desktop different from the first one the xload
   window swallowed at the start in Buttons is not 'mapped' and so a new
   one is created, and so their number increase restart after restart.

3- when starting FvwmRestartVerify to perform a restart sometimes the
   process starts but the window is not visible. This happens more
   often if I'm in a desk different from the first one.
   The number of times I have to select FvwmQuitVerify from the menu
   before the form appears seems to increase (but not in a clear way) as
   the number of the desk from which I'm doing the operation.

Cheers,
Giuseppe.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:49:36 +0100

>    again (even if left iconified). And so on, with small fluctuations.

Just as I suspected.  I could swear that this is already fixed.
Are you sure that snapshot contained the latest fixes?  Look for
this entry in the ChangeLog:

    * fvwm/fvwm.c (Reborder):
    (CaptureOneWindow):
    fixed state of windows after restart

> 2-
> 3-

All the same bug.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]