Subject: core-dump with 20001219

From: "Tim Freedom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:32:44 -0800

I've gotten a couple of core-dumps today with a this new snapshot.  One came 
about after some netscape usage and the other after opening-up acrobat 
reader; I've been unable to reproduce the problem to any extent -- sorry, 
I'll keep trying.

I'll revert back to snap-20000809 :-)

Here's my system info:
uname -a	: SunOS opt 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4u
gcc --version	: 2.95.2

Here's the stack trace,

Core was generated by `/usr/gnu/tf/download/fvwm-1219/bin/fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
Reading symbols from
/usr/gnu/tf/download/xpm-3.4k-solaris/lib/libXpm.so.4.11...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libSM.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libICE.so.6...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libXext.so.0...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/openwin/lib/libX11.so.4...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libm.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libdl.so.1...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libmp.so.2...done.
Reading symbols from /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-5_10/lib/libc_psr.so.1...done.
#0  0x36724 in get_transientfor_fvwmwindow (t=0x0) at stack.c:216
216       for (s = Scr.FvwmRoot.next; s != &Scr.FvwmRoot; s = s->next)
(gdb) where
#0  0x36724 in get_transientfor_fvwmwindow (t=0x0) at stack.c:216
#1  0x54188 in setup_layer (tmp_win=0x10ba30, pstyle=0xffbee940)
    at add_window.c:481
#2  0x558f0 in AddWindow (w=4290701800, ReuseWin=0xffbee9a4)
    at add_window.c:1337
#3  0x397ec in HandleMapRequestKeepRaised (KeepRaised=0, ReuseWin=0x0)
    at events.c:879
#4  0x39734 in HandleMapRequest () at events.c:848
#5  0x3c08c in DispatchEvent (preserve_Tmp_win=0) at events.c:2522
#6  0x3c144 in HandleEvents () at events.c:2571
#7  0x5b6d0 in main (argc=-4264160, argv=0x81c00) at fvwm.c:732

_________________________________________________________________
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 05:31:50 +0100

> #7  0x5b6d0 in main (argc=-4264160, argv=0x81c00) at fvwm.c:732

I guess some half completed code made it into the snapshot.  With
curren CVS code, the function get_transientfor_fvwmwindow() will
never reach the line

  for (s = Scr.FvwmRoot.next; s != &Scr.FvwmRoot; s = s->next)

if t is NULL as it is in your stack trace.  On the other hand, the
line numbers match perfectly.  Are you sure the sources match the
executable that produced the core?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]